Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Lucky

Arcane
TrickStyle released: https://af.gog.com/game/trickstyle?as=1649904300

Also, for those interested in it, Darkest Dungeon will get a GOG release.

In addition to this, Dragonsphere will stop being free, so get it while you can: https://af.gog.com/game/dragonsphere?as=1649904300

Last edited by a moderator:

pippin

Has anyone played ROM? Looks like Snatcher was a big influence.

tumblr_inline_nabtmzgfOh1qcqpir.jpg

CMuXkpWWoAIrQaH.png

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Has anyone played ROM? Looks like Snatcher was a big influence.

I beat it. It's not bad, but not good either. Nice pixel art, fairly competently written for an indie game (the writing is passable, but definitely not memorable). Some dialogue-based C&C (think visual novel-style) - however, the progression itself is fully linear with no puzzles to speak of. Worth it if you enjoy this style of games and the price is very low.

I haven't played Snatcher so dunno how it compares.

pippin

It's the future of gaming, shitlords.
No, but really, the game had very low sales, so very few people noticed the pronounbot.

:Flash:

Arcane
Did anyone else receive a newsletter from GOG with the subject "More paradox for your noodle"?
What is my noodle supposed to do with paradox games?

Lucky

Arcane

Baron Dupek

Arcane
No Sacred 2 Gold on sale, what a pity because Steamed version suxxx and boxed with DRM sux too, not sure which more.
Only IGI2 avaliable? Where is first one? Oh right, Codemasters. Dorks who removed Severance:BoD from GOG offer, for few months and one sale. What a dorks.

pippin

Warrior Kings looks very cool, I take it my first impression was ok then?

Neanderthal

Arcane
Its a right mixed bag, fairly good gameplay where positioning and and proper use of your combined forces matters more than unit rush, and there's a shit ton of reactivity in the single player campaign, there you can go Imperial (Church,) Renaissance (Guns,) and Pagan which has demons and all weird gameplay and architecture. Each one has their own campaigns branching oof o main one at various points.

As I remember though engine were shaky and unstable, there were quite a few issues wi pathfinding requiring constant attention and it were a bit too easy when you'd gotten used to everything.

It had charm and atmosphere though, really good soundtrack and some good mission design. Finished it on everything bar pure Renaissance as I remember, which required a fair few hours.

Humppaleka

Cipher
No Sacred 2 Gold on sale, what a pity because Steamed version suxxx and boxed with DRM sux too, not sure which more.
Only IGI2 avaliable? Where is first one? Oh right, Codemasters. Dorks who removed Severance:BoD from GOG offer, for few months and one sale. What a dorks.
Why does the Steam version suck? You can patch it with the community patch anyway don't you?

Telengard

Arcane
Did anyone else receive a newsletter from GOG with the subject "More paradox for your noodle"?
What is my noodle supposed to do with paradox games?
I didn't get that one, and I'm very disappointed.

And, I suppose if you go: Paradox = Strategy games. Strategy games = Thinking Man's games. Then you go Noodle = Brain. And so, you get: More Paradox games to challenge your brain with.

But, it's kind of a reach. Bad marketing form, really. Especially with a bunch of fereigners patronizing their shop.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Nobody mentioned yet that Darkest Hour have great Fallout mod for it? The Brazilian Slaughter say hi.

Why does the Steam version suck? You can patch it with the community patch anyway don't you?

Ohsnap
Thank you for reminder about Community Patch. I totally forgot about it.

And why Steam version sux?
When you exit the game you can't play anything else or exit the Steam because game is still in Running state, even though Task Manager show nothing.

EDIT
what the hell, there is no link for that Community Patch 0150 (last version), the only one avaliable is borked because community switched to Xmass theme and screwed links, what the hell krauts, you failed at work.
Managed to found googledrive one, linked in Unofficial Patches thread.
Still problem with non-stop Running status that block Steam, but I appreciate performance boost (about 5-10FPS more) so :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Lucky

Arcane
Aww yeah, Nuclear Throne released: https://af.gog.com/game/nuclear_throne?as=1649904300

And a sale I guess: https://af.gog.com/promo/weekly_staff_pick_furry_few_110116?as=1649904300
Armello, Dust, Inherit the Earth, and Aqua Kitty.

Defnitely check out Nuclear Throne, though. Vlambeer really knows how to make enjoyable gameplay.

Warrior Kings? Fuck me that brings back some memories, really good shit game as I remember. Cheers Lucky.

That's what I post them for. :) They've got the sequel as well, if you're interested: https://af.gog.com/game/warrior_kings_battles?as=1649904300

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom