Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Gerrard

Arcane
When are they going to make Galaxy not require password again after every fucking update.
Fuck that ! more important news:

LULA The Sexy Empire (or WET) just released on GOG:

1f222225d4689441afa603f9ae7b5c089c24780fa13e60b11b6ce4e5a030f8ac_product_card_screenshot_600.jpg
1a651286a07bd2b4daba390656d56fec0c327376d754fe745ed1fdf4fba74330_product_card_screenshot_600.jpg

aac9724aba50ed6d4e67507143334aaf65353b7e09ca30b1dc4998f464d6895d_product_card_screenshot_600.jpg
3fb5246d2dc27e099859cd15b3bffe753e4d8933d4e0d7a7bb7b3a5fdd50b961_product_card_screenshot_600.jpg

THAT IS NOT ALL MOTHERFUCKING HUNIEPOP:

bcc628f9f0540e946bddc4211fc9e5a29ea99c0cf4a77ae0301df8b0721315d0_product_card_screenshot_600.jpg

IS THIS GOG BREAKTHROUGH !? DOES GRIMOARE NOW HAVE CHANCE TO BE ON GOG ?
GOG does what Steamdon't?

Last edited by a moderator:

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hmmh? Galaxy hasn't required me to enter a password after updating for a long time. Iirc it should only request it if you haven't used it in a while.

Doktor Best

Arcane
I bought all soul reaver games for 4 bucks or something. are they worth downlading? what are they like? i imagine a mixture of zelda and god of war with superserious dark story and supermysterious dark protagonist.

whatever, if the riddles are good i might give it a shot.

Neanderthal

Arcane
I bought all soul reaver games for 4 bucks or something. are they worth downlading? what are they like? i imagine a mixture of zelda and god of war with superserious dark story and supermysterious dark protagonist.

whatever, if the riddles are good i might give it a shot.

You need to play first one that's not on GOG, Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain. You can either buy a used copy off Amazon or Ebay, but it costs a bit due to rareness, or acquire it in other ways. Best game of the series gameplay wise.

First games a top down action adventure with roleplaying elements, a large open world and a shitload of abilities and methods of interaction on offer. Craploads of cutscenes, brilliant voice acting from industry legends, lots of combat and different ways of dealing with it. Art style is fucking tasty and stands up today, but graphics are a bit shit, about on same level as Ultima VII, maybe a bit worse.

The nest four that you bought switch to another protagonist and become third person action adventures, each one has fewer abilities and methods of interaction than one before, but they keep the fantastic storyline and voice acting.

Well worth a playthrough if you ask me, best of series is either Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain or Soul Reaver 2, depending on your taste. Oh you might want a gamepad for the latter four games, you can play em all on keyboard but it's a pain.

roshan

Arcane
Whoa - Shadow Watch, Frozen Synapse and Frozen Synapse Red have been released on GOG!

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oh, wow, which one of you wrote this?

Every bad RPG game mechanic ever AiO by blackroseblade

What the title says. Seriously, take everything you ever hated about IE/2.5D/isometric era RPG games and combine them all into one place.

Which is a real pity too, since the world that has been crafted and the lore is top-notch. Think of it as Age of Empires meets Fallout. Beautiful. Simply beautiful. So why the one star?

All of course, obscured under the most horrifying game design choices, mechanics and philosophies that the entire industry (including Obsidian, inXile, and Larian, the current masters of cRPG) abandoned as obsolete and outdated, and made every point and pain to avoid.

This is one world I hope is acquired by Obsidian or inXile so that it can grow as a proper franchise and game series. That's the highest complement I can give this game. That someone save it from its own developer and his cult of "fans".

For now, if you want your fix of cRPG post-apocalyptic goodiness, I suggest you fire up Arcanum for another spin or wait for inXile's Torment to come out.

Score: 1/5 :lol:

Lucky

Arcane
Three simultaneous releases.
Shantae: Risky's Revenge: http://af.gog.com/game/shantae_riskys_revenge_directors_cut?as=1649904300
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale: http://af.gog.com/game/recettear_an_item_shops_tale?as=1649904300
Chantelise: A Tale of Two Sisters: http://af.gog.com/game/chantelise_a_tale_of_two_sisters?as=1649904300
All three of them are discounted.

Metro, F.E.A.R., Call of Cthulhu, Sea Dogs, The Longest Journey, Dreamfall, Saints Row, Dungeon Keeper, Jade Empire, Theme Hospital, Clive Barker's Undying, Unreal, Worms World Party, Freedom Planet, Real Myst, Gray Matter, Double Dragon, Raiden III, Revolver360, Surgeon Simulator, Gemini Rue, Creatures Exodus, Ittle Dew, Space Empires IV, Wacky Wheels, Skulls of the Shogun, and Smugglers are also on sale: http://af.gog.com/promo/weekend_promo_streamteam_specials_161015?as=1649904300

Plus This War of Mine, due to the update to 1.4.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Out of the new releases, I am interested in the indie game Recettear. It has a certain charm to it, and looks like an RPG I can play with the kids. Plus it helps that it seems to have decent ratings on multiple sites.

HotSnack

Cipher
I wonder if the devs will ever port Shantae and the Pirate's Curse onto the pc. Great game, but my god is the 3DS d-pad placement the worst thing ever for any game involving platforming.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
King Arthur Collection was also just released on GOG. They're on a roll with good releases and discounts for this weekend, AoD is still in third place in the current most popular games list though.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
They should've released Fortune Summoners too while they were at it, but still, good to see Carpe Fulgur-published games on GOG.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Call of Cthulhu Infogrames adventure games on sale for the first time. That was pretty quick.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom