Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Ah, ok , thanks. Do you know something about the other games? Is the box worth 11 bucks?
Cause since the whole sale stuff began i don't buy without a discount of at least 80%.
:keepmyjewgold:

Depths of Peril is the Din's Curse without some stuff and ideas, that were introduced in DC but I don't remember details right now.
No idea about Drox Operative, not my cup of tea.
11 bucks? Nope. Better buy Din's Curse + addon if you like hack'n'slash genre.

Cthulhu_is_love

Depths of Peril is the Din's Curse without some stuff and ideas, that were introduced in DC but I don't remember details right now.
No idea about Drox Operative, not my cup of tea.
11 bucks? Nope. Better buy Din's Curse + addon if you like hack'n'slash genre.

Thanks a lot. Maybe i will give them a try.

DaveO

Erudite
I spent more than I probably should have during this sale. More than enough to get all the freebies anyway. :oops:

Cthulhu_is_love

So for the people interrested:
Last Express for $1.49:
http://af.gog.com/game/last_express_the?as=1649904300

Alone in the Dark for $1.49:
http://af.gog.com/game/alone_in_the_dark?as=1649904300

Don't know about Part 2 and 3, but 1 is a fucking classic.

Realms of Arkania 1+2 for $1.49:
http://af.gog.com/game/realms_of_arkania_1_2?as=1649904300

Realms of Arkania 3 for $1.49:
http://af.gog.com/game/realms_of_arkania_3?as=1649904300

Late Might and Magic box
http://af.gog.com/promo/summer_mightmagic_bundle_120615?as=1649904300

But only VI and VII are worth it

Last edited by a moderator:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
You forgot World of Xeen.
I already finished Clouds of Xeen, got lot of fun clearing the outdoors, indoors and underdoors but I need some break before diggin in the Darkside of Xeen.
M&M9 with fan patches is ... not good, still got some bugs that even I noticed and I'm really blind when it comes to searching for bugs.
Or maybe that was before patch 1.3? Don't remember.

Cthulhu_is_love

You forgot World of Xeen.
I already finished Clouds of Xeen, got lot of fun clearing the outdoors, indoors and underdoors but I need some break before diggin in the Darkside of Xeen.
M&M9 with fan patches is ... not good, still got some bugs that even I noticed and I'm really blind when it comes to searching for bugs.
Or maybe that was before patch 1.3? Don't remember.

Just drank a sweet cup of coffee, than this...
Don't shock me like that, dude. The older MM's are my favourite games of all time.

Didn't know that on gog 1-6 are in a box, it's been a while since i bought and installed them.
I thought it's just MM6 due to the cover.:oops:

Anyway you can play all MMs and enjoy them except 9 (ok 8 and 10 are a bit worse than the rest but still nice) like you said...
I would say my favourites are World of Xeen and Gates to another World.

Turjan

Arcane
This is also still going. Terraria is €2.29, Wizardry 8 €1.89, Splinter Cell €2.29

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Semi-interested in the Legacy of Kain pack, even though Blood Omen is missing. I've only played Soul Reaver back when it was released. Are the others any good?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Semi-interested in the Legacy of Kain pack, even though Blood Omen is missing. I've only played Soul Reaver back when it was released. Are the others any good?

Soul Reaver 2 is great, Blood Omen 2 is eeeehhhhh but overall p. playable, Defiance is something you should watch on youtube instead.

pippin

They released the Telltale Borderlands game today. I wonder if this could help to bring 2k games to gog.

pippin

Sorry for double posting, but PM me if you want the gog version of Sim City 2000. I don't need it.

Aaaaand it's gone.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I planned on not getting anything this time, like in the last Christmas sale, but the fact that all deals from the past week were included made me cave in. I got some Westwood titles that I missed: Lands of Lore 1-3 and Legend of Kyrandia 1-3. Also got Grimrock, since it was 85% off.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
The usability of the GOG library is shit. You can't even manually move the boxes around anymore. Sorting is a joke. And when I say boxes I mean that fugly shit with the white border underneath repeating the name you see on the cover, where are my good 'ol boxes ?! :argh:

I know it has been this way a while, but I just can't stand this crappy library anymore. It's a fucking mess.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The usability of the GOG library is shit. You can't even manually move the boxes around anymore. Sorting is joke. And when I say boxes I mean that fugly shit with the white border underneath repeating the name you see on the cover, where are my good 'ol boxes ?! :argh:

I know it has been this way a while, but I just can't stand this crappy library anymore. It's a fucking mess.

I agree totally. It's actually making me not buy any more games. The old layout had that "collection" -feeling to it, now... I don't know. Messy like you said.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The usability of the GOG library is shit. You can't even manually move the boxes around anymore. Sorting is joke. And when I say boxes I mean that fugly shit with the white border underneath repeating the name you see on the cover, where are my good 'ol boxes ?! :argh:

Any news JudasIscariot ?

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

Any news JudasIscariot ?

Err I don't know. I have nothing to do with UI/web/UX things, sorry.

Dayyālu

Arcane
http://af.gog.com/game/terra_nova_strike_force_centauri?as=1649904300

terra_nova__strike_force_centauri__big_box_cover_by_rho_mu_31-d8pejqj.jpg

Yes!
It has a ton of problems (lack of multi, cheesy and useless FMVs, campaign is too short and uncreative, the Earth Hegemony is clearly the best faction and we have to shoot 'em) but Terra Nova has a special place in my broken spirit. Probably one of the best Power Armour simulators ever.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
http://af.gog.com/game/venom_codename_outbreak?as=1649904300
About time, finally I can play without gamebreaking bugs, like the one in the laboratory in my retail copy.
I remember this game for vast maps, cool idea with one gun and barrel in it that change the weapon function.
Without a shadow (hyuck) of doubt it's GSC game, look at their suits, slightly rebranded stalker suits.

EDIt
oh, I see that gog links are enhanced by magic. Clever.

spekkio

Arcane
:yeah:

Only SS1 left nao.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom