Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Baron Dupek

Arcane
JudasIscariot

Can you explain, what was the reason to pull out Bet on Soldier: Blood Sport from GOG? It happen, I dunno, two months after release on GOG?
I'm asking because I decided to give it another (hope this will be final) try and no way in hell I use my DVD version (StarForce), then checked your store and buy without waiting years for promo but got cockblocked by...publisher, who did this?

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
JudasIscariot

Can you explain, what was the reason to pull out Bet on Soldier: Blood Sport from GOG? It happen, I dunno, two months after release on GOG?
I'm asking because I decided to give it another (hope this will be final) try and no way in hell I use my DVD version (StarForce), then checked your store and buy without waiting years for promo but got cockblocked by...publisher, who did this?

I checked our gamecards and we've never had that game and I joined GOG in October 2008 as a customer and I never saw that game soooo I dunno?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I checked our gamecards and we've never had that game and I joined GOG in October 2008 as a customer and I never saw that game soooo I dunno?

Strange, I remember the news about and and shouted "About fucking time!", then later it was in the bundle (February 14, 2015) which - another surprise - was also for Steam.
Whatever. You know what to release next. Bonus for the two ultrashort standalone addons.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Strange, I remember the news about and and shouted "About fucking time!", then later it was in the bundle (February 14, 2015) which - another surprise - was also for Steam.
Whatever. You know what to release next. Bonus for the two ultrashort standalone addons.

You're probably thinking about another game.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
You're probably thinking about another game.

Another game? No way. Game is too unique, niche and DRM was real pain in the ass (including locked DVD drives) that release on DRM-free site is enough to make my day.

Seems like that news was just a mirage or something.

pippin

I'd like to see Blade of Darkness back on GoG, though. More people need to know about it, and the only official explanation was some kind of legal bullshit with Codemasters/the people who own the rights of the game.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I'd like to see Blade of Darkness back on GoG, though. More people need to know about it, and the only official explanation was some kind of legal bullshit with Codemasters/the people who own the rights of the game.

I must have missed the whole drama surrounding the removal of selected Codemasters-published titles, because I don't recall Severance ever getting pulled from GOG's catalogue. You're right, it's gone. Such a shame.

JudasIscariot, what about the (emulated, obviously) Amiga version of Dragon Wars, is it on the cards?

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

I must have missed the whole drama surrounding the removal of selected Codemasters-published titles, because I don't recall Severance ever getting pulled from GOG's catalogue. You're right, it's gone. Such a shame.

JudasIscariot, what about the (emulated, obviously) Amiga version of Dragon Wars, is it on the cards?

No, sorry.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
:0/5:
wrong publisher.
Thank goodnes I bought that when it was in only one sale (Friday) before removed kebab.
You missed best TPP combat, Dark Souls can suck dicks (from this and Die by the Sword).

Baron Dupek

Arcane
And that happen when you rely on digital distribution.
"Oh hey, this is the game that don't work on my new Windows, it have fixes I gonna buy itNOPE PUBLISHER COCKBOCK
suck it down

:Flash:

Arcane
Not having boxes, and not being able to sort them manually any more, has taken all of the fun out of GOG.
It can still be used to buy games you want to play, but it feels like there is no reason any more to buy a game just for the sake of having it.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I grabbed Freespace 2, Sacrifice and Die by the Sword.

And yes, shelf looks like shit now. What is this? Web 2.0 with Windows Metro type of style? Get a designer that isn't still in kindergarten. Hopefully this is just programmer place-holder art while they work on their new 'social media' crap.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I logged in today for the first time in a couple of months. I thought I won't mind the changes to the collection, but I do. I really don't see the point of changing the shelf. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bros, how do you add friends to your friends list on GOG, and does it even do anything?

At least on Steam I can e-stalk get games recommendations based on what other codexers play*.

*this is not always good, as one of my RL friends has over 1000 hours in Marvel Puzzle Quest, which means I have ruined his life by making him aware of the game in the first place

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bros, how do you add friends to your friends list on GOG, and does it even do anything?

At least on Steam I can e-stalk get games recommendations based on what other codexers play*.

*this is not always good, as one of my RL friends has over 1000 hours in Marvel Puzzle Quest, which means I have ruined his life by making him aware of the game in the first place

You have to find a post they made on the GOG forums or in the comments/reviews of a game. Yes, it's pretty dumb.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom