Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Bruticis

Good luck with that, let me know how it all works out.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I thought that GoG galaxy will have oldschool boxes, giving it a feel of a virtual game shelve. Now I am dissapointed. In fact I'd rather have Hitler as a CEO of CDProjekt because he at least tried to eredicate the Jews instead of deciding to eradicate gorillas instead when he got popular.

Last edited:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I still have never used Steam and I'll die before I touch that pile of totalitarian horseshit held in check only by Gaben existing.

Your hate only makes Gaben fatter stronger.

Actually, when GOG lost their licences, you still owe a game when you buy it. They actually was pissed becouse their rights for Fallout 1,2 and tactics was ending so they started to give it to everyone for free. I still owe them.

Well, you're still fucked if their servers die and you didn't care about making a backup of the executable (and even if you did, there's no guarantee it'll work on a newer OS in the future). Actually there's no guarantee of anything, even physical copies can get lost or thrown away by your wife/girlfriend/mother. We should all just chillax~

thesoup

Arcane
You could have just pirated the GoG version then. Same difference.
GoG was butthurt and they decided to give copies for free, which cost them nothing (not like they had to burn and send out CDs), and it potentially cost Interplay something. Essentially same shit as piracy, only a-ok legally for like two days and it's on some stupid make-believe shelf. It's your cognitive dissonance that makes all the difference here.

Khorne

Arbiter
Copy[/B][/U]right and Trademark traditionally gave people (limited term) exclusive right to "copy and trade"
D50DrkX.png

Endemic

Arcane
Hmm, maybe I should have waited for the Saints Row games on GOG. They're on sale pretty cheap right now.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Herve Caen has almost ruined Prehistorik too (and his brother might have been even worse). Eric Zmiro has revealed some inside info about Prehistorik development and shared it with one of Polish journalists.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=281&v=-kpVSc1CgLo

For example at one time Eric and other programmers who were working on P2 were laughing when playing it, Herve's brother came in, looked at them and went out without a word. The next day he tried to get Eric fired. Or programmers were asked to build complicated structures (compression of data, implementation of many colour palettes) and spent 6 months on it and then it was discarded for no reason. Ask some potato who actually knows English to translate it better and post other interesting tidbits. It's really interesting stuff which shows that Brian Fargo couldn't pick up a worse company than Titus.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They didn't had any information about sales number of any of the games. The programmer made secret credits screen (which started showing in 96). Gizmo says he inserted nice items likes fruits and cakes when the dev teams members how up, and skulls and grenades during Herve and his dumb brother Eric names appearing on the screen. They were both looking at the end of the making of the P2, to be sure nothing unauthorized will be putted. Apparently Eric though that one of the items looked too much like a Gameboy, so he was afraid of copyright lawsait (the irony is over 9000). The programmers says there was no solid team and planning. Just people having more than enough stubborness to make it working. There were some lay offs during it, which was the only thing that Herve really was doing. The preproduction could have made it even better game. There was no budget, milestones, professional managing.

If you run the Dos version now you will see a screen from Zmiro which says that in 2015 his game is still working. Prehistoric 2 was made on typewriter AT 286 12Mhz ! Gizmo is still proud about that game, and rightfully so. It's a great platformer with great neanderthal protagonist.

TL,DR.

images

:killitwithfire:

Astral Rag

Arcane
Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom