Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Divinity: Original Sin
play dreamfall chapters and the first scene answers the fate of April. About Zoe, she starts Dreamfall (the second game) in a coma and the game narrates how she ended up like that. Chapters start just where we left Zoe in last game.

And if in a hospital bed, that means you're still alive.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Except when you show up in the afterlife and say: My name is Zoe AND I'M DEAD

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Is this in Dreamfall or Chapters?
Dreamfall. The ending scene.
Well you can explain it with that being in a coma, and show up in an afterlife, Zoe might have thinked that she is dead. But actually it was just her subconscious, spirit. Also that in the beginning of the game, Zoe lies in the bed, and she specifically says: usually I don't look this pale, but that's what you get for being in a coma.

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin
Is this in Dreamfall or Chapters?
Dreamfall. The ending scene.
Well you can explain it with that being in a coma, and show up in an afterlife, Zoe might have thinked that she is dead. But actually it was just his subconscious, spirit. Also that in the beginning of the game, Zoe lies in the bed, and she specifically says: usually I don't look this pale, but that's what you get for being in a coma.

As I said, she's an hospital bed. If she was dead, she would be inside a coffin or in a funeral, or something.

anyway, a bad quality youtube video:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
April Ryan?
she DEFINITELY fucking dieded
I don't know where do you get that they died from. Have you even played the first 2 games?

What J_C said.
April learned to breathe underwater in the first game, so I kind of doubt she is actually dead.

EDIT: Apparently they burn her body down in Dreamfall Chapters, so indeed DED.

Last edited:

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What J_C said.
April learned to breathe underwater in the first game, so I kind of doubt she is actually dead.
Bit of a shame they set fire to her in a viking funeral at the start of chapters then :hero:

Cazzeris

Wait, are they going to release MI's Special Edition instead of the old version? :decline:

Guess that it isn't Good Old Games anymore.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Wait, are they going to release MI's Special Edition instead of the old version? :decline:

Guess that it isn't Good Old Games anymore.
Why don't you think for a moment before you try to gater some KKK? The special edition can be turned to the original with one button press.

Cazzeris

Crooked Bee, ScottishMartialArts; I know that it includes the original graphics, but it's kinda sad that a store that used to be focused on the old PC classics comes with this crap instead of just keeping the original experience. Also, lots of people are going to go straight to the new retarded version with console interface and limited actions that dumb down some puzzles.

And part of GOG's glory are the awesome cover arts that are shown on your library. Why can't I get this masterpiece instead of this retardation?

J_C, stop defending every NUGOG shit.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
30 games: http://af.gog.com/forum/general/new_publisher_disneylucasfilm_28_oct_2014?as=1649904300

Confirmed.

The day has finally come and the holy grail of classic gaming has arrived on GOG.com. Welcome, Lucasfilm games! You are among friends, here! We're proud to announce a new partnership with ©Disney that allows for the DRM-free release of about 30 classic titles from the cult-classic developer. We know you waited long for this moment, so we want to reunite you with those golden oldies with as little delay as possible. Today, to start with a bang, we are releasing a selection of 6 acclaimed titles from Lucas' most famous gaming franchises, so that the Disney/Lucasfilm catalog on GOG.com is made impressive from day one. Here are the great titles you can get right away:

Star Wars™: X-Wing Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Star Wars™: TIE Fighter Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Sam & Max Hit the Road - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
The Secret of Monkey Island™: Special Edition
Indiana Jones® and the Fate of Atlantis™
Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic

Note that numerous Lucas titles, including 3 from the launch lineup (Sam & Max Hit the Road, Star Wars™: X-Wing Special Edition, Star Wars™: TIE Fighter Special Edition), are available digitally for the first time ever, ready to play with no fuss on modern operating systems. With more fantastic titles headed for our Disney/Lucasfilm catalog, you can expect to see Lucas games popping up frequently on GOG.com in the coming months.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Crooked Bee, ScottishMartialArts; I know that it includes the original graphics, but it's kinda sad that a store that used to be focused on the old PC classics comes with this crap instead of just keeping the original experience. Also, lots of people are going to go straight to the new retarded version with console interface and limited actions that dumb down some puzzles.

And part of GOG's glory are the awesome cover arts that are shown on your library. Why can't I get this masterpiece instead of this retardation?

Eh, they moved away from selling exclusively DOS and early Windows era games a while ago. Given that the Special Edition works on modern systems without requiring ScummVM, and that it includes the original version, it's easy to see why they went with it.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer

I'm defending the NUGOG shit because I couldn't care less about the cover art in the library. The special edition is >>>>>>>> original, because it includes the original plus lot more (for those, who are interested). I hate fucking nostalgia just for the sake of nostalgia. If someone wants to go for the special edition, then they should do it. At least they experience some of the game, even if it not in its full glory. And for those, who want the old one, you can have that too.

Sorry, but I don't hate everything new (without thinking about it), I only hate new stuff if they deserve my hate. And this edition doesn't deserve it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There are actually several versions of the original Monkey Island. EGA, floppy VGA, CD VGA (with enhanced soundtrack). Purists would want them all!

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
30 games: http://af.gog.com/forum/general/new_publisher_disneylucasfilm_28_oct_2014?as=1649904300

Confirmed.

The day has finally come and the holy grail of classic gaming has arrived on GOG.com. Welcome, Lucasfilm games! You are among friends, here! We're proud to announce a new partnership with ©Disney that allows for the DRM-free release of about 30 classic titles from the cult-classic developer. We know you waited long for this moment, so we want to reunite you with those golden oldies with as little delay as possible. Today, to start with a bang, we are releasing a selection of 6 acclaimed titles from Lucas' most famous gaming franchises, so that the Disney/Lucasfilm catalog on GOG.com is made impressive from day one. Here are the great titles you can get right away:

Star Wars™: X-Wing Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Star Wars™: TIE Fighter Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Sam & Max Hit the Road - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
The Secret of Monkey Island™: Special Edition
Indiana Jones® and the Fate of Atlantis™
Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic

Note that numerous Lucas titles, including 3 from the launch lineup (Sam & Max Hit the Road, Star Wars™: X-Wing Special Edition, Star Wars™: TIE Fighter Special Edition), are available digitally for the first time ever, ready to play with no fuss on modern operating systems. With more fantastic titles headed for our Disney/Lucasfilm catalog, you can expect to see Lucas games popping up frequently on GOG.com in the coming months.

Those links lead to 404.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom