Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

TripJack

Hedonist
wheres my free copy of avp you thieving polish fucks :argh:

Perkel

Arcane
i got it already.

avp multi is still amazing as it used to be years ago.

Though i would love to see some buff to amount of aliens numbers in cooperation. 8 people is simply too much and more or less people are hunting for Aliens not the other way.

Being alien and eating predators heads never tasted so good like in this game.

pippin

they sell bg1ee for 20 bucks and bg2ee for 25 bucks
the original versions are 10 bucks each

definition of :retarded:

BelisariuS.F

Augur
GOG has fanboys?

A fanboy of a store...

The quality of that video sucks dick. There's no excuse for it.

How does me pointing out that fact make you feel?

I am enraged, conflicted and I totally don't know what to do with my enormous cognitive dissonance.

And the quality of the video sucks dick, because I'm pretty sure it was recorded from some static camera just for the purpose of the twitch stream. You are making a fuss out of nothing.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
And the quality of the video sucks dick, because I'm pretty sure it was recorded from some static camera just for the purpose of the twitch stream. You are making a fuss out of nothing.

I kept expecting them to grab a western hostage and behead him.

It was disconcerting.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
GOG has fanboys?
Eastern Europeans, so about 4 or so dedicated and loving fans from IT sector.

Not anymore after changing currency for them (from $ to €). Shitty eastern european salary with western european prices is one of the worst combos ever... well, maybe when you change € to UK pounds, like GreenManGaming did.

Turjan

Arcane
Not anymore after changing currency for them (from $ to €). Shitty eastern european salary with western european prices is one of the worst combos ever... well, maybe when you change € to UK pounds, like GreenManGaming did.
Not sure what the currency has to do with this. You can choose that freely during checkout. Did they have special prices for Eastern Europe?

Wasteland 2
Not anymore after changing currency for them (from $ to €). Shitty eastern european salary with western european prices is one of the worst combos ever...

For the time being the prices for the most of the catalog are still "fair" only displayed in localised currencies and in cases where devs, or publishers don't want to put up with it, they offer store credit for the difference.

"Fair pricing" is by the way an underhanded tactic to buy goodwill of western european customers for GOG at the expense of devs and publishers. It increases customers confusion about the source of the price inequality ( VAT ).
It was one of the reasons that some publishers and more successfull indie devs avoided GOG, or were releasing on GOG with a delay. Anyway, introducing regional pricing is what will actually allow them, to sell cheaper in the second world.

Last edited:

Turjan

Arcane
Anyway, introducing regional pricing is what will actually allow them, to sell cheaper in the second world.
The way they setup regional pricing is actually neutral in this regard. If you are from Western Europe and pay some higher price, you get the difference as account credit.

Wasteland 2
To be completely fair, probably now with the store credit thing, GOG pay for it from their own pocket and give away half of their EU profits. But it's not how it rolled when they started this fair pricing campagain years ago...

Simply, on one hand devs and publishers refused to put up with it for new releases, on the other the backslash from the customers who bought into it was too severe and they've ended having to finance it for new releases themselves.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom