Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

KlauZ

Educated
Hey, I'm open to something to take its place.
Drain player energy for stealth kills instead, but show them an awesome cutscene!

DavetheGrave

Literate
Oh man, Ash, that shotgun model looks really nice. It actually looks like an actual gun that could work in real life rather than the one we got in Vanilla, or the future fancy art department things that were passed off as actual weapons in DX:HR and Mankind Divided. And it has actual reloading animations too which is also really cool! Will the iron sights effect every weapon or only some?

Ash

Arcane
Only weapons that have iron sights that aren't overridden by a scope. So no mini-xbow, Gep, sniper rifle etc. But these all accept or come with scopes by default vanilla anyway. The prime intention is just for it to behave like scopes but without the zoom. May need some fine tuning though as the scope sway is pretty rough.

Last edited:

---

Arcane
The reload animation is very nice.
Saying it may be redundant at this point, but... Good job, Ash :salute:

Black

Arcane
Hey, I'm open to something to take its place. There must be one new arm aug as combat strength and combat speed have been split. It's not awarding something as valuable as xp and the benefits are very minor so it shouldn't hold notable influence over playstyle and moment to moment choices. That said, I'm still not comfortable with it and am open to changing it for something potentially better/more fitting.
Increased inventory space by 4 (or so) "blocks" per level?

Ash

Arcane
No. Inventory upgrades/strength stat is almost always go to. In Deus Ex's case, that's potentially 10 LAMs, 10 gas nades, 10 scramblers and 10 EMP grenades it enables you to carry. forty grenades or the rival aug that makes melee strength better...no brainer.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
IMO I feel if the sight's gonna be all shaky when your arms are blown off and you're about to die, this should also be communicated through your normal weapon viewmodel bobbing up and down as well in order to show you have trouble staying steady. It's kind of silly if you can keep your hands still when you're not looking down the sights, but JC behaves like a spastic when he holds the weapon closer to his face.

Ash

Arcane
Any criticism you may have in that regard is also of the vanilla design. It hooks right into the vanilla code for scopes and functions exactly the same, albeit with a bit more sway magnitude. It basically is vanilla scope behaviour minus zoom.

The crosshairs represent inaccuracy/tremble when not aiming sown scopes/sights, as they always did. A wobbly gun would probably just be distracting.

Edit: also, just fyi that spastic level of sway is with

Left Arm = 0 hp
Right Arm = 0 hp
Torso = 1 hp
Head = 1 hp
Skill level = untrained
Accuracy mods = 0
Targeting Aug = None
Perfect Stance perk = None

Should be very rare to encounter sway that intense.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
If you're playing v8.0 or v9.0 beta and want some snazzy custom color themes made by the community using GMDX's custom color theme creator: Link

Ash

Arcane
New Radar Transparency Augmentation Effect:

2RBkxj.gif

Yes, it should only make you transparent to radar systems, not the naked eye, but [insert technobabble or pseudo-science to justify the effect because otherwise cloak would just be that much more appealing].

Last edited:

Momock

Augur
Meh. Doesn't make sense. And I don't see how this is going to make this mod more appealing (for this result just make cloack more expensive to use or something).

Ash

Arcane
Meh indeed. You don't understand, and that's OK. I've not exactly gone in to detail about the reasoning behind this change.

Ash

Arcane
http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx/news/enhanced-artistic-direction-update

Less than a month until GMDX v9.0 release!

This article shall be covering a sneak preview of the latest work done on the Enhanced Artistic Direction, which pertains to the faithful updating of Deus Ex's visual look.
Note: it's all a work in progress and subject to change (and improve), but still feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.

NEW WEAPONS

Various new faithful weapon updates are underway by the talented artist 'Clyzm'.

Check out his Stealth Pistol update (WIP - unskinned):

stealthpistol.png

I don't know about you but I for one am infatuated by this inanimate object.

NEW EFFECTS

First we have a new Effect when using the Radar Transparency aug:

2RBkxj.gif

Note: I will be looking into making the effect appear more subtle and believable, even though in reality there would likely be no visual effect whatsoever...yet it would not be good game design logic that cloak gets a visual effect but its rival does not, as this alone can influence player choices for a number of reasons.

----

Sometimes it's the little things that can have the biggest impact: Jock's helicopter now has a hover movement effect rather than sitting there static. Keep your eyes peeled or you may miss it!

k541wr.gif

NEW TEXTURE UPDATES

Updated stained variation of the canal wall to signify a difference in water levels over time, and generally add a bit of detail:

aNews1.jpg

Fixes to various New Vision typos and oversights are underway:

aNews3.jpg

New Vision above
GMDX edit below

aNews2.jpg

Note: no work is perfect. New Vision is a very nice mod regardless.

New Decals that represent environmental damage:

Desktop_09-05-2017_15-07-38-64.png

A number of these will be drawn when bashing walls and doors with melee weapons or shooting them, based on what surface it is you are hitting.

Keep an eye out for the latest news here on moddb, the official GMDX website, or over at reddit on r/GMDX.

Black

Arcane
Sad that people like me, with below average PER, won't see most of these differences until someone points them out.
:negative:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Finished GMDX 8.0, what a wild ride.

Tantalus_Denton
Jun 2 2013
Interesting tendency in naming DX mods: the Nowhere, Nihilum (latin for nothing), And the name of the city in Deus Ex: Frozen Hell is the Middle of Nowhere...Reflects the spirit of Deus EX.

That remind me something...
I played v8.0 some time ago with UMP enabled. I started using it instead of basic assault rifle for one reason - shorter bursts. Still ammo run out fast but not as fast when default rifle fired in the similar combat scenario...

Now here is idea - is this possible to make assault rifles firing random bursts, with larger chance for longer bursts (plus large kick when fired) when you got Training level or lower?

edit
I always preferred Sawed-Off instead of combat shotgun because it take one inventory square less :]

Another feature noticed in NanoMod (Shiter+Biomod+else) - with high enough hacking you can gather more credits. There are ATM accounts in Unatco HQ, worth around 750 credits. Usually you get logins and hack only one. With NanoMod you get content of all accounts with single hacking.
These kinds of mods (Shifters mutations) were never balanced so yeah...

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Meh. Doesn't make sense. And I don't see how this is going to make this mod more appealing (for this result just make cloack more expensive to use or something).
Since JC has augmented eyes, radar transparancy might fuck with his IFF or something, causing the blur :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom