Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Looks like she never run away even if one bullet separated her from death - she continue to attack, I shot once - she goes BOOM!11
Is it really possible in GMDX to save both Lebedev and out lovely Russian-Jew Anna Navarre ?

Ash

Arcane
Looks like she never run away even if one bullet separated her from death - she continue to attack, I shot once - she goes BOOM!11
Is it really possible in GMDX to save both Lebedev and out lovely Russian-Jew Anna Navarre ?

As in vanilla, the only way they can both live is by knocking out Lebedev. The story dictates they both have to die eventually though.

As for killing Navarre, a simple LAM/explosive will do the trick. If you don't have one, go right up behind her when she is demanding you kill Lebedev, pull out your most powerful weapon and shoot for a sneak attack multiplier. This will either kill her outright or put her near death depending on the weapon, after which she'll be easy to kill if not already dead. She really shouldn't be too difficult to kill normally though.

PS Almost forgot to ask - is it intended that I can't return to Helipad through elevator if I went through sewers first time?

Should behave as vanilla. Can you not call the lift?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Should behave as vanilla. Can you not call the lift?
I can't. Door is open, I even can jump down to the cabin's roof and survive with Speed Aug.

As in vanilla, the only way they can both live is by knocking out Lebedev.
Hm... I thought that I remember that if you wound her strong enough, she start to run away? Or it is case of false memories?

Also got bug of "Navarre's ghost" a few times. In Gunter conversation JC said that Navarre killed Lebedev, while in HQ I believe all looks like Lebedev is alive, and nobody mentioned her death. OG-bug.

Killng her is not very tough task, also definitely more difficult then in OG (I had bulletproof vest).
I noticed that shots to her legs did almost no damage.

Thing that delights me - after killing my JC, she didn't stop and killed Lebedev. Good old Anna...

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Look, I have already found in couple of guides in Russian, that if you wound Navarre bad enough, she turn on her cloak device and run away.
How it is possible that it exist in Russian version and don't exist in English?

Also, in OG all NPC that was stunned with shocker ot TRC darts counts as dead, was it adressed in GMDX, because you said Lebedev will be alive after shoker?

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Lebedev, if left with Navarre, is always considered dead, even if you just stun him. Her objective is to kill him, so she'll make sure he is dead. if you use a gas grenade she may run back to avoid it but she'll come again, I don't think there is a way to make her run away, except maybe if somehow she glitches and disappears.
If you want Navarre to survive in order to meet her afterwards, either take down Lebedev or let her kill him. You'll have to kill her afterwards during your escape, unless you manage to use the gas-grenade glitch, but even then Navarre will be considered dead by the game.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Lebedev, if left with Navarre, is always considered dead, even if you just stun him.
It is happened automatically?
Because I can barricade her, talk to Lebedev and exit 747 before she get close to him.
Also, I got Lebedev is alive" scenario today even when I saw when running to exit that she shoot at something in a room.
Also in conversation with Ghunter JC told that "Navarre executed Lebedev", while everyone in HQ acted as if Lebedev is alive, Manderley speech including.

I don't think there is a way to make her run away
How about this
if you wound Navarre bad enough, she turn on her cloak device and run away.
I'm pretty sure I did it in one of previous walkthrough.

I just need to know - how scripts consider scenario, when JC left 747 and both hot chick Navarre and Lebedev are still alive?

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Ash is probably the one who can clarify it 100%, but I'm pretty sure that alive Navarre equals a dead Lebedev, as far as the game is considered. C&C.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Ash is probably the one who can clarify it 100%, but I'm pretty sure that alive Navarre equals a dead Lebedev, as far as the game is considered. C&C.
Well, I even heard that there is official script branch when they both are alive.

Also I tried to shoot off her arm, but looks like I lack of needed skills for that in these days.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So.
After conversation with Rentons in Ton Hotel JoJo don't come down the stair, he just stay where he spawned. So you have only one scenario instead of three.
Not a big problem though.
And as mentioned in guide, there is a typo in PIN in Renton's account - not 249087 but 259087. This PIN works and give 200 cr.

Ash

Arcane
As in vanilla Navarre never drops her weapon so shooting her arm is futile. I don't recall her running away either.

"After conversation with Rentons in Ton Hotel JoJo don't come down the stair, he just stay where he spawned. So you have only one scenario instead of three."

Known bug.

GhostDog said:
"Ash is probably the one who can clarify it 100%, but I'm pretty sure that alive Navarre equals a dead Lebedev, as far as the game is considered. C&C."

Yeah, I believe so.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't recall her running away either.
I saw it was mentioned on forums a couple of time, and I myself was sure that after some point she run away.
Actually I even remember ho he do this - in Russian DX community it is famous "toilet run" because she run scared right into it.

Can someone check this in OG without mods and such?

Found this in good guide on gamefaqs:
She'll react much like on Lebedev's plane; you can knock her into stealth mode, and then into stealth-flee mode, then you can kill her.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Everytime you walk from location where you should sent distress signal while crouching, game give CTD.
Very annoying in limited save mode, considering high chances that you want to do this due really acute sences of guard.

Or maybe it is known bug for all locations, dunno.

Battery Park has third Zyme vial and Jock that didn't respond. Also, Sick Man says phrases from Hell's Kitchen.
Also first time was hilarious - Ghunter attacked me, hit robot accidentally, then shootout happened, and Ghunter won. )

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Microfibral Muscle Aug physics update and other stuff:

-Improved Physics
-Better collision sounds
-Drains small amount of bioenergy per throw.
-If no bioenergy, you cannot power-throw objects.
-Corpses can no longer be power-thrown. They behave as in vanilla when it is attempted.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
It was that way to hide a lack of ragdoll physics. Throwing a corpse at someone and watching it bounce off unchanged looked even more ridiculous. Now, it's back as in vanilla where they simply go through whatever object you throw the corpse at and it does no damage. There always was an option to disable it in v8.0 though: see the "realistic corpses" option.

And yeah, I'll miss it too, but it was far too cartoony and a bit overpowered too, and was an easy way to destroy a corpse instead of having to hide it from patrol routes given that GMDX AI raises the alarm if they spot a corpse.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Sometimes I start to think that mobs have too big ears.
Those from Command Center heard how gas grenade exploded before Medical Lab doors, and came to me.

Ash

Arcane
Hardcore uses a different method to determine hearing levels and yeah, it seems I overlooked something on that map. Fixed.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Ash

I'm at work and can't check it myself, but I just recalled something and I do not have the patience to wait to get home to test it!

In GMDX, can you press both lean buttons (Q and E) to lean upwards? Or did I dream that?

Ash

Arcane
Yeah. Do so from standing to go on tiptoes, or you can do it from crouched to stretch up half way between crouched and standing to peek over cover or whatever other situation calls for your head to be at that level.

This mod is packed full of content that expands upon the vanilla design with no detraction.

Ash

Arcane
Can't be sure. Won't be any time soon though. A year perhaps. There's no rush, the current version is a complete experience of course, some very minor flaws aside.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I never got the complaint about OG Deus Ex feeling "clunky" when movement feels much better than HR and you get freedom to use augs whenever you want instead of just contextual bullshit. Also lol at the poster that says Thief and Splinter Cell are primitive. Compared to what, Thief 2014 and Conviction?

Last edited:

Cassar

Savant
"Going from HR to the original is near impossible for me. The controls feel terrible, in a way I can't quite explain. They just feel worse than HR. The stealth is also very primative, which makes it extremly difficult, same with the original Theif and Splinter Cell games."

sweet mother of god.

Ash

Arcane
I never got the complaint about OG Deus Ex feeling "clunky" when movement feels much better than HR and you get freedom to use augs whenever you want instead of just contextual bullshit.

Some aspects of the game are clunky, but that is absolutely trumped by the general intelligent design across the board you won't get from modern garbage.

For movement in particular:

The headbobbing is primitive.
There is no running animation, moving around feels like you're a robot with gyroscopic stability. Even Doom had a running anim.
Jumping makes a "Hmph" sound effect every time.
The default concrete footstep sound effect sounds like JC wears clog shoes.
There is no feedback when landing from height.

All of these things are addressed by GMDX:

v9.0 in development adds a nice (optional) new headbobbing effect.
Running animation is available in v8 and adds a natural feel to movement.
Jumping sound effect plays with a 33% chance per jump.
GMDX adds five new groups of footstep sounds, and the "clog" sound effect is no longer the default sound effect and only plays for a narrower texture group.
New audio and camera effects when landing from height feel great.

There's other things too, yet it's all window dressing. Important nonetheless, and a big improvement to how the game feels, but a lack of these things is not a good enough reason to put the game down. At all.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom