Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Glorious Blood Bowl League of Codexia Makes Great Return - LAGOLE GON IS CHAMPION HUZZAH

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
ALL HAIL GLORIOUS CHAMPION Lagole Gon MAY HIS OTHER HONOR ALWAYS BE SMOOTH AND FREE FROM HAIR

Participant Info:

table.PNG

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Tentatively interested.

Ingame name: Fucked if I know, I'll have to buy this shit first.
Team race: most likely d0rfs
Timezone: +1

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
FFs grunker you forgot to say this:
New blood is welcome, you do not need to be a blood bowl expert to play. It's fun anyway (assuming you are the kind of person who doesn't get mad when their team dies).
Also you can reconnect to matches after a crash or net dropout within a 5 minute window which has been in every other multiplayer-game for a decade but since it's Cyanide I suppose we should rejoice.
Praise be nuffle. Is the general league interface any better or is it still ass? Wots stadiums do?

I'm interested (will buy game if we get enough people to play).

Ingame name: Jaedar assuming I can choose that.
Team race: something no one else has picked
Timezone: CET (+1)

FFs grunker you forgot to say this:
New blood is welcome, you do not need to be a blood bowl expert to play. It's fun anyway (assuming you are the kind of person who doesn't get mad when their team dies).
It's not when you play against me :smug:

Can't do details right now, but I'd suggest randomising teams for the veterans - make it more humiliating welcoming to newcomers when you stomp them with Halflings.

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
I'll throw my hat in.

Ingame name: I'll edit it in at some point, I've forgotten.
Team Race: Khemri, most likely
UTC -5 or 6 (CST, will be moving into EST if the league last long enough)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Sounds good men.

And ye Jaedar is obviously right, everyone is welcome since those of us who have played in earlier Codex leagues love easy competition pretty much suck ourselves and UndeadPhoenix's gonna win anyway.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Is the general league interface any better or is it still ass? Wots stadiums do?

1. League interface has somehow gotten worse.

2. Stadiums are upgrades you can buy with gold that enforce game-wide rules e.g. "+1 to all GFI armour break rolls" or extra fan factor for teams playing there. They're a minor money sink in other words.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
I'm tentatively interested, but I still don't know if I want to shell out 45€ to the jews at Cyanide, watching thread.

Andnjord

Arcane
I'm tentatively interested, but I still don't know if I want to shell out 45€ to the jews at Cyanide, watching thread.

meanwhile base BB2 in potato internet shoppe costs just 35 potatos (i.e. barely 10 USD)

Care to give me a link for that? I happen to be in Potatoland at the moment but I don't speak the language of Bolesław I the Great, so I'd probably join in the fun if I could get the game for a 35 złoty.

Andnjord

Arcane
All right sign me up!

Ingame name: I'll probably use this username, will confirm once I've bought the game and signed up and everything
Team Race: Necromancers
Timezone: 0 normally, +1 for this week.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Alright. Looks like this will definetely be going down. I propose we leave the sign-ups open for one week to let people decide.

However, what do people think about allowing Custom Teams with something like 1200TV? I kind of dig the idea, but I don't think I would support much higher than that (maybe 1300 tops) since 1200TV custom team is theoretically more powerful than just a random TV1200 team since you get to pick the level-ups. Also I suggest that if we allow it, it's normal rolls on level-ups only for the starting TV.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I would prefer vanilla rules. Nothing extra.

Or stunties only (maybe with limited underworld team).

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It will be vanilla rules of course (well, except stadiums). The question is whether we allow a little gold or SSP at start. We have done so in 1 or 2 leagues prior, it's just easier now than in Chaos Ed.

Andnjord

Arcane
I'd prefer a vanilla start too to be honest, it's the first Blood Bowl 2 Codex league, let's leave it simple. Also, do you really want people to get all double dice rolls level-up they want?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I think id prefer no stadiums, and i would be ok with custom teams (no doubles, no statups) at lower tv than entry cap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom