Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GhostDog's PST UI mod v2.2 - UNEXPECTEDLY UPDATED 3.11.2021

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
All those that have problems with stuttering / bad framerates (which is basically faulty ddraw emulation from modern graphic drivers) should be happy to know that aqrit has released a great fix that removed the issue once and for all :

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/48732-ddraw-fix/

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
New version has been released. Highlights : all movies are now stretched to full screen and added support for the elusive Chinese version of PST.

Happy new year, faggots !

Now, if only I could edit the damn thread title...

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Glad to see this is still being updated! Thanks for your support.

MikeHaggar

Educated
Project: Eternity
Hi guys. First of all I want to say thank you for the mod, and to rpgcodex for helping me discover all these great RPGs. As a kid I was more of a console gamer so I missed out on these RPGs.
When I try to install this, all I get is this:
2v7ylmv.png

I have done the full installation and Ive installed the biggs widescreen mod. I have the DVD version.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Hi guys. First of all I want to say thank you for the mod, and to rpgcodex for helping me discover all these great RPGs. As a kid I was more of a console gamer so I missed out on these RPGs.
When I try to install this, all I get is this:
2v7ylmv.png

I have done the full installation and Ive installed the biggs widescreen mod. I have the DVD version.

Could be one of those weidu version conflicts. The widescreen is probably using a newer version. Here's what you can try :

- Copy setup-widescreen.exe to desktop and rename it to : Setup-GhostDog's-PST-UI.exe
- Then copy it back into your Planescape Torment folder and replace the old one.
- Run the mod again.

MikeHaggar

Educated
Project: Eternity
It worked! Thank you.
Man, I can't wait to finish IWD2 so I can start playing this one.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Have a good one.
I don't know how to put this....but don't you want to make an UI mod for the other IE games, like PST? :D So they have a nice UI with the widescreen mod. That is if there aren't similar mods already of course.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I don't know how to put this....but don't you want to make an UI mod for the other IE games, like PST? :D So they have a nice UI with the widescreen mod. That is if there aren't similar mods already of course.

The widescreen mod works fine with the BG and IWD games. It's nothing flashy, but everything is centered and functional. It has big problems with PST though, the menus are cropped and everything is stuck in the upper-left corner, so that's why I started working on this mode. I just wanted to play PST in HD, mang !

If you want bigger fonts for BG2, a made a little mod which you can find here

Short answer : It's not necessary.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh OK. It worth a try. :) I know that the other games center the menus, and it looks OK, but a mod similar to your PST mod would make it so much nicer to look at. Any chance that there are bigger fonts to IWD1-2 and BG1?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I don't have the IWD games installed , but they probably also have a "normal.bam" file for the dialog window fonts like BG2. If that's the case, you can simply drop the normal.bam file that can be found in the BG2fonts mod, into the ovveride folder of the IWDales.

As for BG , you can probably do the same (haven't tried it) or use BGT/tutu to import it to the BG2 engine and use the font mod.

Marsal

Arcane
What is this? Prompt and helpful answers and no drama? You may make mods, Mr. ghostdog, but you are no modder!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Many modders are drama-free actually, it's just that the drama-queens get the spotlight.

Marsal

Arcane
Many modders are drama-free actually, it's just that the drama-queens get the spotlight.
Those spotlight hogging bitches! Doesn't that just make you want to delete all your mods and call us fags? :troll:

In every modder there is a little drama queen, just screaming to get out. Let your drama queen out, ghostdog! Let us hear her beautiful song of rage and butthurt!

More seriously, you did a great job :salute:

xPZha.gif

foxford

Novice
Hi, recently i downloaded ur mod, however it doesn't install on my pc. It says that there was an " error override-guicache.mos -- patching error" and that extend mos cant shrink, and then that it saysys, changing to previous state. If there was such a question im sorry, however i couldnt find it, and definetely not an answer to that problem. Help will be greatly appreciated.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
About installation problems :

• If you're using Vista or Win7 don't install the game in the Program files folder. These OS have restrictions in program files that are not weidu mod friendly.
  • If you're having problems installing the mod, disable your Antivirus and try again. Some AVs (especially AVG free) will not let the installation finish.
  • In some random cases when you install multiple weidu mods that use different versions of weidu, the automatic update during the installation gives an error. To fix that, you can copy the .exe with the most recent version over the other ones (rename it accordingly and replace the other mod executables)

A comprehensive guide about installing a modded Torment :
http://thunderpeel2001.blogspot.gr/2009/01/planescape-torment-fully-modded.html

Maiandros

Learned
Possibly Retarded
I never registered on ShS, but since i find you here...even after all this time..
/biiig, big bow to you ghostdog
My humble thanks. For all the countless hours of (re)playing PST with this..thank you

foxford

Novice

• If you're using Vista or Win7 don't install the game in the Program files folder. These OS have restrictions in program files that are not weidu mod friendly.
  • If you're having problems installing the mod, disable your Antivirus and try again. Some AVs (especially AVG free) will not let the installation finish.
  • In some random cases when you install multiple weidu mods that use different versions of weidu, the automatic update during the installation gives an error. To fix that, you can copy the .exe with the most recent version over the other ones (rename it accordingly and replace the other mod executables)

The thing is that i already tried did all of the above and i still encounter the same problem. The i installed all these mods with guide in front of me and all of the other mods seem to work, beside the UI mod. I found that some people had similar issue as me , however, there was no solution to our problem i could find.

I just realised that the game requuires me to to insert disc 2 despite copying gamefiles into CDALL folder in step 2 of the guide. Is that normal? Or is it a possible reason for UI mod not working? I point out that all the other modes have been working fine and got installed as far as isee.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron

The thing is that i already tried did all of the above and i still encounter the same problem. The i installed all these mods with guide in front of me and all of the other mods seem to work, beside the UI mod. I found that some people had similar issue as me , however, there was no solution to our problem i could find.

I just realised that the game requuires me to to insert disc 2 despite copying gamefiles into CDALL folder in step 2 of the guide. Is that normal? Or is it a possible reason for UI mod not working? I point out that all the other modes have been working fine and got installed as far as isee.

Requiring CD2 is expected, it's for the copy protection.

Which PST version are you using (2CD , 4CD , GOG) ? Some people seem to be having the extend_mos problem, although frankly they shouldn't. It seems it appears, or disappears, when changing resolution. In what resolution did you intall the widescreen mod ? Try installing the widescreen mod in different resolutions and see if it helps. If you haven't installed it in your screen's native resolution, try that one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom