Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Get rid of the console crap

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Why the proliferation of console crap on the forums? Aren't there Pleystatiun and Xbawks forums for these faggots?

It's fucking bad enough to have the PC industry buttraped by consolefuckingtardation without having shit about how AWESUM Street Faggot Fight XIII is being deposited in general gaming.

Move all that shit to GD or get rid of it!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
General Gaming - Talk about any games that aren't CRPG , MMORPG, strategy or adventure. CRPG related stuff goes in the General RPG Forum. The MMORPG stuff goes in its forum. The strategy and adventure stuff go in those respective forums.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Jaesun said:
General Gaming - Talk about any games that aren't CRPG , MMORPG, strategy or adventure. CRPG related stuff goes in the General RPG Forum. The MMORPG stuff goes in its forum. The strategy and adventure stuff go in those respective forums.

End of line.

Repaired.

ElectricOtter

Hey, fighting games are one of the only genres that has managed to remain mostly unaffected by the decline.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Merrily playing a selection of high-quality dungeon crawlers, strategy RPGs and Wizardry clones

vs

Playing Dragon Age 2 seven times and weeping hysterically about the decline

Remember, kids, you have to pick the latter, or you're not prestigious enough to be a real RPG fan.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Jaesun said:

I quote from the official RPG Codex mantra:

The RPG Codex is a web-site devoted specifically to PC based role-playing games. It is a place that allows users to freely express their opinions about RPGs, without fear of their view being stifled, particularly when that view disagrees with the mainstream 5/5, A+, "Game of the Year" crappola that developers bribe game "journalists" for these days.

I reiterate: get rid of console crap from RPG sections. Giving a forum for general gaming is beyond the ideal of the RPG Codex in the first place and should be removed as well, or at the very least, console crap should be contracted out to IGN and other faggot sites like Blistered Dicks.

Imbecile

Arbiter
Dunno, regardless of what the RPG Codex mantra is, console games have always been discussed freely, and usually derogatorily :P

Plus, some console games are damned good. Halo for example.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Admiral jimbob said:
Merrily playing a selection of high-quality dungeon crawlers, strategy RPGs and Wizardry clones

vs

Playing Dragon Age 2 seven times and weeping hysterically about the decline

Remember, kids, you have to pick the latter, or you're not prestigious enough to be a real RPG fan.
:salute:

MetalCraze

Arcane
If you will ban all console games from the Codex 95% of members registered from '10 to '11 will leave.

As a result /gd/ will become much less stupid.
And GRPGD where console shooters are being discussed will turn into a normal RPG forum once again.
Maybe even Retardo Land will start getting quality stickies

Of course that will mean much less ad money and that will force Taluntain into a semi-luxurious existence.

ironyuri

commie,

You've been a bro before, so I am going to be straight with you like a bro should:

You've been a little bit decline lately. That post in cRPGD about how Andyman was trying too hard to be edgey, I know it was trolling, but it was lazy. This topic is also lazy. Bro, you had game for a while but you're out of your stride.

Is everything ok at home? I know your wife wanted you to post less, but if you're going to post less at least increase your quality. I'm sorry bro, I just want it to be like 2010 again.

Thanks. Much brofist.

iy

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
MetalCraze said:
If you will ban all console games from the Codex 95% of members registered from '10 to '11 will leave.

As a result /gd/ will become much less stupid.
And GRPGD where console shooters are being discussed will turn into a normal RPG forum once again.
Maybe even Retardo Land will start getting quality stickies

Of course that will mean much less ad money and that will force Taluntain into a semi-luxurious existence.

And you'd still bitch endlessly about how much you hate it here and wish you were allowed to leave.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
ironyuri said:
commie,

You've been a bro before, so I am going to be straight with you like a bro should:

You've been a little bit decline lately. That post in cRPGD about how Andyman was trying too hard to be edgey, I know it was trolling, but it was lazy. This topic is also lazy. Bro, you had game for a while but you're out of your stride.

Is everything ok at home? I know your wife wanted you to post less, but if you're going to post less at least increase your quality. I'm sorry bro, I just want it to be like 2010 again.

Thanks. Much brofist.

iy

What's wrong with the Andyman post? He was being a bit late to the party!

I've been a bit fed up with things indeed though, impatient and snarky. Stress of constantly bashing head against wall of governmental intransigence and insistence on filling out a million forms has worn me down somewhat. I couldn't even muster much rage against DA2. Criticism noted.

Though the ban JP thread of yours isn't all that better....he he wink

:bro:

Sniff, at least Admiral Jimbob and Alexandros understand what I'm getting at here......

Black

Arcane
Admiral jimbob said:
Yeah, come on guys, I see at least three active threads that aren't about Dragon Age 2. Get rid of this shit, you might convince people to enjoy their hobby again.
But... da2 IS console crap.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Admiral jimbob said:
commie said:
Sniff, at least Admiral Jimbob and Alexandros understand what I'm getting at here......

The first option in my pseudo-poll was the one about consoletard crap, tbh

Yeah, reading it again I see the subtle irony as there are some console titles that fit there in those categries and your earlier ambiguous 'get rid of this crap' referring to either DA2 threads or the other 3 non-DA3 ones also hinted at something other than what I was raging about.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
Demon's Souls is the best action RPG I've ever played.

Etrian Odyssey series is great for that first person dungeon-crawl fix.

Valkyria Chronicles, despite its flaws, is a better tactical RPG than anything on the PC in years.

If the form is going to 100% dedicated to proper cRPGs, that's fine. But if you bitch about shit like Demon's Souls or other actual RPGs and don't care that the forum is 80% Dragon Age 2 and Bethesda shit right now, that's pretty retarded. Some of you guys are worse than weeaboos.

BAAWWWW, I'm assuming there's no C&C in these Jap shit banal boring games I don't even own the console for! Not like in my glorious western PC games where I can decide the order in which I absolve my crew's family disputes. Now that's how you do an open-ended game, you dumb Japs!

It's an RPG because you're playing the ROLE of Shepherd Hawke!

I can't wait for Bethesda's next mod platform! TES V is going to be the mod platform where Bethesda really turns it around, I have a good feeling about this one.

oqxfdl.jpg

KRISTALLNACHT! BURN ALL ZEE CONZOLEZ!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom