Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gangs Of Glasgow: Massive Slash

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
This Mod places Calradia firmly in modern-day Glasgow, Scotland, where it's medieval massed melee combat is still widely practiced.

:lol:

Needs some screenshots though.

Korgan

Arbiter
Yeah, will post tomorrow. Can't be arsed now, just got back from a 12 hour shift and need a good long fap desperately.

Korgan

Arbiter
Here ya go:
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
'
Horrible screens but I don't give a shit. Just get the mod.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Holy shit.

I've been playing some Prophesies of Pendor lately, but so far I'm disappointed in how close it is to vanilla M&B, I think I need a truly different experience (as truly different as you can be within the framework, obv)

Downloading now. Looks awesome. And hilarious.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Hahaha.... Someone should make a Polish version of this!

The world map looks strange though, with that fading street. But it doesn;t matter, it's really lulzy :D

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Played it for a bit. It is pretty lulzy, but the world map is pretty small, and there seems to be even less to do than in M&B. So basically you just run around looking for people to beat up...just like in the real Glasgow.

It adds guns which are deadly but weirdly enough seem only to work at close range.

Anyway, good fun

Flanged

Scholar
Faint praise of my character creation and dialogue? On The Codex?!

It can't be real... It's not in nature...

And no one's pointed out that it lacks C+Cs. That's just dedication to the setting, though. No real choices, and all consequences are bad, and as inevitable as death. Welcum tae Glesga!

Glad yous are liking the mod guys, and I'm working on a patch that will add in some new daft stuff and fix a lot of issues, like with the guns and some sieges, and with big armies in the streets, all of which are a bit bollixed as it stands at the moment. Shouldn't be long till it's out.

It's still a work in progress, and has been for a ridiculously long time, now that I think about it. And it's true, my texturing and world map skills aren't much to write home about.

My video editing is ace, though. Check out the editing software watermark and poorly concealed Fraps logo at the top of this promo vid. It doesn't get classier than this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFouobBCDmE

Enjoy yoursel's lads. And don't forget to check out the abandoned power station for some dungeon fun.

Korgan

Arbiter
Hey Flanged, is the cult hideout in the abandoned power station already in? I talked to the watchman there, but can't find a way to get inside.
EDIT: Ah, got in, but couldn't cross the turbine pit. Also, my men eat valuable cartridges.

Flanged

Scholar
Hiya Korgan, I'll give you a hint about the turbine pit... Remember the dozy riddle the Watchman tells you? It ends with -"I spun, and by this spinning found my path..." This is meant to hint that the walkway/propeller thing in the turbine pit revolves, although I admit it's a bit of a stretch in terms of lateral thinking. Or it's maybe just unfair.

Like ever other bit of machinery in Glesga, though, the walkway can only be triggered by chucking a brick or a Buckie bottle at it. :D

For anyone playing this who hasn't read the Taleworlds thread, remember NOT to talk to Klepto if you see her in the towns. She's only meant to show up in the power station, but you know what these folk are like... I can't seem to keep her out of the pub.

The patch will add some new features and an actual reward and resolution to the power station dungeon, as well as making all the towns fully siegeable.

Flanged

Scholar
Der Patch is out. Not savegame compatible, alas, but it fixes a lot of problems and adds some stuff. Still couldn't get a handle on the presumably basic mechanics of making a chest give loot, so they just give XP and money instead, but it still adds a lot, especially when you get to the sieging stage.

DOWNLOAD FOR PATCH:

http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/PDd ... 1&lid=1397

Forgot to say, it's not savegame compatible. Requires restart and the building of a new gang. New gang and Workie pubs should help with that, though.

Flanged

Scholar
When you said they were eating cratridges I thought... well, I dunno what I thought...
But I never thought they were literallky eating cartridges. Seems wrong in a mod where bags of smack and coke can be carried about without anybody taking a taste. Because it is.

Sadly, I've done nothing to change it in the patch... first I ever heard of it.

But the guy who done the music for the mod has just made a new video for it. This video points and laughs cruelly at the one I made. But damn, it be good. First he made Glesga sound good, and now he makes it look good.

I'm allowed to say that, on account of how I'm drunk, and it's true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmIz-vPaxPw

That's a beauty. If I say so myself.

Bullets will not be food items in subsequent updates...

That's like something from the Boiling Point Readme.

Flanged

Scholar
Don said:
They got any footba teams?

:lol: looks class

I've added some, kindae. This mod is designed to build bridges between the Prods and Papes, though, so I have them fighting alongside each other, shoulder to shoulder, arm in arm, hand in hand. My original aim was to keep the whole sectarian thing as pure subtext, but it wasn't realistic. It's better to just offend both sides.

Here's a vid of a new feature (basically an integration of the Bar Brawl Mod) that will give anybody from Glesga a laugh, and hopefully others too. It's all in the dialogue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa9R_SB3J4Q

The ending does be showin' the consequences of a choice.

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
Hahaha, I remember finding this last year :lol: Always meant to download it, thanks for the reminder.
I've been playing Prophesy of Pendor over the last couple of weeks as well, but it's... just vanilla with even worse dialogue and some cool other parties/armies, which do add to the fun immensely. But still.

And yeah, I'm from Glasgow as well, go figure.

Flanged

Scholar
Admiral jimbob said:
Hahaha, I remember finding this last year :lol: Always meant to download it, thanks for the reminder.
I've been playing Prophesy of Pendor over the last couple of weeks as well, but it's... just vanilla with even worse dialogue and some cool other parties/armies, which do add to the fun immensely. But still.

And yeah, I'm from Glasgow as well, go figure.

Well, I can't praise me own mod, certainly not as it currently stands - but it's definitely a change from the Native game, and a very different experience from the more polished and professional Big Mods. In many ways, it's a worse experience. But since you're actually frae Glesga... well, that makes all the difference. You might like it.

@ Gragt: SMELL YERMAW!

@ thesheeep: I know, I'll miss those bugs and oversights too. But don't worry, I'm probably putting in plenty of new ones as we speak. Ragged Sunglasses, Rusted Planks - they'll probably all still be in there for the next release. Don't worry about it.

Here's one of the new Arenas, which are based on Tron, and designed to run on Voodoo-era graphics cards:

mb12.jpg

mb11.jpg

You needn't fret about the improvements I'm making. It'll never be any good.

:lol:

Flanged

Scholar
A small video update, showing off some new features (not just new to this mod, but pretty much new to M&B altogether) including aerial dogfighting and decapitation/dismemberment.
Most of these features still need a bit of work, and the new version's coming along slow as
fuck, but for anybody who's still interested, have yersel' a wee swatch o' this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od7ZHtNo7AQ

Korgan

Arbiter
Oh, and Flanged, maybe they weren't eating bullets after all. I stringly suspect that it was just me firing them.
:oops:

Flanged

Scholar
Haha! I figured that. There's no way the bullets were set to be edible. They also don't reduce in number except during battles, though, so if they were disappearing from your inventory then... it's probably the highly complex and detailed "Thieving Bastard Companion" code I implemented, during months of unheralded and unbilled hard work.

Or, like, a bug.

Wait, though... In Native, have you always thought your troops were eating yr arrows?!? :lol:

I can imagine a Warlord giving an after-battle speech accusing his troops of eating all his javellins, and them all looking at each other like... "wtf bbq?!" Only more medieval.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom