Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Gameplay Guide] Rance X: Decisive Battle

Jason Liang

Arcane
Is the Polygon man monster(ポリマン)a scripted capture or is it available from any generic monster enemy?

There's Miracle's VR training mission available right from the start with those polygon men, but I can't capture anything from either regular or autobattles there...

I could capture the Polygon monsters normally from Miracle's sidequest. Didn't have to use any special abilities. Probably try beating them without overkill?

Just to be clear, I don't mean the polygon green dinosaur, but the red/blue/white/yellow floaty polygon creature.

And yes I'm definitely beating them without getting the treasure chest, from low overkill to flat out 0%. Pretty much tried on every single enemy with the helman monster capture unit, both regular and auto-battles...

Strange... I've been trying for close to 5 playthroughs now.. same (no) results... I don't even know how I got my first polygon man.. I'm trying to catch him again to max him. :(

Did you patch your game? It might be glitched from the patch, weird things like that happen.

DrDustCell

Educated
Yes I did, and I don't think I can revert back to version 1.0 and retain my saves :(

Game gives me a version error when I do. RIP. I hope it's patched soon in 1.02..

KingDoofus

Scholar
Alright, so here's a translation of the bonuses that your team can have going into battles (the blue, red, and green terms you can find in the party menu with %s next to them), as well as a brief description of what it is they actually do. These bonuses are acquired either by items or passives that some characters have (the shield with a sword on it and a plus in the upper right). These bonuses are usually 1 or 3 but they will occasionally be as high as 5 or even 10. To have these bonuses applied to your group, someone from that faction must be in the active party (so to get Leazas' bonuses, you must be using someone from Leazas). The translations of these terms are taken from google translating the online manual, so they are not likely to be official (or even good).

• (Blue on Top)
  • Physical Resist: All physical damage (from sword or bow) done to your party will be automatically reduced by this percentage.
  • Magical Resist: All Magical damage (from wands) done to your party will be automatically reduced by this percentage.
  • Abnormal State Resist: Any status effects any enemy attempts to inflict will have their chance to inflict reduced by this percentage. Enemy status effects aren't plentiful, but they're out there and can be rough in boss battles.
  • HP Magnification: The party's total HP will be increased by this percentage. This stacks with the "HP Bonus" medal perk.
  • (Red in Middle)
  • Physical Magnification: All physical damage (from sword or bow) that your party does will be automatically increased by this percentage. This will not be reflected by the damage amount displayed under your characters - you just have to know it will happen, and can do a calculation in your head if you want to know the actual damage. This stacks with the "Attack bonus" medal perk, as well as any party buffs or buffs from skills.
  • Magical Magnification: All magical damage (from wands) that your party does will be automatically increased by this percentage. This will not be reflected by the damage amount displayed under your characters - you just have to know it will happen, and can do a calculation in your head if you want to know the actual damage. This stacks with the "Magic bonus" medal perk, as well as any party buffs or buffs from skills.
  • Auto-Battle Magnification: The Amount of damage done by your team in Auto-battles will be increased by this percentage. Attack value in Auto-battles is derived from the total attack of all members chosen for the auto-battle. There is a variance on that damage (I think around 10%). This value is derived from your active party, not the factions participating in the auto-battle.
  • Death Rate: The chance for 1 random member of your active party to acquire Death Rate status. Some Japanese characters flash on their card in the upper middle with red border to show they have achieved it. Any attack they perform will do double the damage for that turn. If they have a skill that attacks multiple times, the bonus will only apply to the first attack (subsequent attack will hit at normal damage, so it's better to use on one big attack if you can). This can occur multiple times in the same battle.
  • Continuous Shock Occurence Rate: The chance for 1 random member of your active party to acquire Continuous Shock status. Some Japanese characters flash on their card in the direct middle in bold black lettering to show they have achieved it. Any attack they perform will occur twice for that round. If they have a skill that attacks multiple times, the bonus will only make them attack one more time - a 4 attack skill will become 5 attacks, not 8 (so once again, better on one big attack if you can). This can occur multiple times in the same battle. The bonus can happen on the same round as the Death Rate bonus - in fact, they can both occur on the same character, in which case both bonuses will apply to their attack.
  • (Green on Bottom)
  • Increased Exp rate: All experience you acquire in battle will be amplified by this percentage. This stacks with the "EXP bonus" medal perk. I think this applies to Auto-battles but I'm not sure. This does not apply to Meal tickets.
  • Automatic Recovery: The percentage chance that your team will activate "Auto Recovery" at the start of a round. Auto Recovery restores 10% of the party's total hp. Auto Recovery will only activate from the 4th round on. It will never activate in consecutive rounds. It will only activate 3 times per battle. There are numerous character skills that can increase this percentage.
  • Treasure box discovery rate: The percentage bonus added on to getting a treasure after battle. So if a new character kills an enemy at 40% overkill and this bonus is 10%, chance to acquire treasure chest is now 100%.
  • Interrupt Generation rate: The percentage bonus that 1 character at random will have someone from their faction get a free attack at the beginning of a round - the character will appear above the active party member and apply damage. This can occur multiple times in battle. Many characters have skills that increases this percentage (usually for their own faction). Often these skills work independently from the group interrupt rate - meaning it's possible for a bonus attack to occur twice (or more if multiple people have the skill).

These bonuses can reach as high as 49% before they change to a red color, meaning they can't be raised anymore. To raise them higher, one of the Medal perk "Stat Limit +25%" bonuses must be chosen, which will raise that limit to 74%, then 99%, which is the limit.

That's it! And hopefully reasonably accurate.

I haven't heard anything about this patch yet. Can anyone tell me where to find it - or (more importantly) what it actually does?

Last edited:

DrDustCell

Educated
KingDoofus,

The v1.01 patch may be found here: http://www.alicesoft.com/support/rance10.html
But if you don't have a JP VPN, download it from here: (61.03 MB) http://www.mediafire.com/file/hg3u3mggy9nb6nj/rance10_updater_ver101.zip

v.1.01 changelog
Features
- Increases save slots from 100 to 999
- Lv86 Shizuka status change
- 勇者斬り skill changed to 3AP 攻撃(3倍)

Bugfixes
- Wrong monsters were being hatched from holy galmon eggs
- When quitting a mission with an unselectable character, that character remained permanently unusable
- Cases where naked card events were not triggerable
- In the Achievements menu, "XXX is your Best Friend" displayed a CP+1 reward
- Holy galmons would sometimes turn into adults without the scripted dialogue afterwards
- Some cumulative AP skills did not work properly
- Other typographical errors

DrDustCell

Educated
Jason Liang,

I FINALLY CAUGHT ANOTHER POLYMAN!!!!

It was in the Helman mission 2 loop I detailed in the 2nd page of the thread:
mKxRm88.jpg

WEW BOI, FINALLY.

Even *if* that 1.01 patch removed the monster capture chance in the VR mission, at least the situation is salvageable. I found the polysaurus here as well.

I did do the VR mission on turn 2 prep phase though, to be sure.

quartzal

Barely Literate
Can anyone tell me how to evade bad ending.. OP boss. How to save Miki??

DrDustCell

Educated
On turns 4-6 you will get a battle phase mission called 魔王探索, you have to complete that by turn 6 at the latest, or you'll get the OP boss.

KingDoofus

Scholar
DrDustCell, thanks a lot for the links and info on the patch. This is the only English Rance resource I've been able to find without massive spoiler dumps in plain view (I'm still working through the game), so it's much appreciated.

Alright! I'm gonna talk a little bit about Monsters and the Monster Faction of your army, for the benefit of people who may be a little confused by them and have avoided getting/using them.

There are three ways to get monsters for your army:

1) Randomly show up from a treasure chest (very rare).
2) Use a generic Helman Monster Tamer - guys with white sheets on their heads - in battle (normal or auto) and there's a chance after battle (50% maybe?) that you will get them as a reward. You will get them in a treasure chest or automatically rewarded if you miss the treasure chest (or from auto battle since there are no treasure chests).
3) Use a unit with the "Capture" skill, such as Ruberan Tser or the Rance alternate card where he's jumping (there's a couple other units with this skill too). If the skill connects, a buff will appear over your team (that can be dispelled). Now you have the same odds as if you were using a Helman Monster Tamer.

The monster unit you get as a reward is decided by who you are fighting. Hannies will give you Hannies. Monster army gives monster army units. Random monsters give random monsters. Gal monsters are unique, in that you will always get that specific gal monster and if you use the capture command/Monster Tamer you will always get them; this is the only way to acquire gal monsters, they won't show up from fighting other enemies.

The monster faction is fairly unique as units. Generally, they stink. However, you'll want to be taking steps to periodically grab them and adding them to your army as well.

Here's why they stink:

-They have no element (like Rance) so they will never have an element bonus.
-They only have one attack. Their other skill is a passive.
-Almost all of their attacks are generic. They rarely ever have any kind of bonus to their attack.
-Their attacks use AP poorly. Almost every monster has a 2AP attack that hits for 1 strength. Generally your units will be hitting at a 1AP:1Strength ratio (and your better units will have a higher strength ratio). Hannies have a 2AP attack that hits for 1.5 strength (and always hits) but they have some of the weakest stats in the Monster faction to compensate.

So because of the AP restrictions, a monster unit would need twice the strength of another unit to match their damage output - 4 times the strength if you're using element bonuses well. For damage output they're terrible.

However, there are a few reasons you really want them:

-Depending on how your run goes, you may get some monsters that manage their AP well and have good attack skills. I won't spoil who, but if you get them the Monster Faction suddenly becomes very reliable for good damage output (though it'll be later in your run).
-They're excellent in auto battles, where stats are used independent of AP. Their raw strength is a great boost in these.
-Most importantly, as I mentioned before, they only have one attack skill. Almost every monster has a passive bonus to your percentages on the side as one of their skills. It's almost always a bonus of 3% too, when most human bonuses are 1%. If you're collecting a steady number of them, this becomes a massive bonus to these percentages, almost certainly more than any other faction. These bonuses are spread out nicely and in areas other factions tend not to boost, like EXP, Treasure finding, Double damage boosting, and double hit boosting.

Basically, you're usually not using Monsters for fighting. If you've opened all 7 slots and you've got a slot you're not sure who to put in, Monsters are an excellent option. They'll boost your party's experience, their treasure chances, the damage they put out, and the bonuses they receive in battle. They may not be worth it in boss battles (though they definitely are against enemies like Stone Guardians), but for normal battles you may notice that low percentage bonuses are suddenly happening much more often.

Maybe I didn't need to write all that on a non-essential faction. But for a while I didn't understand Monster units at all and didn't see the purpose in them beyond collecting. Thought I'd share a little bit about how they actually function.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
I'll just add that Monster faction units probably aren't worth investing in unless you have +10 level cp bonuses. Most of them don't have meal ticket events so if they're starting off at level 0 the faction will never be worthwhile (in combat).

A special type of Monster worth mentioning are the Lewd Gal Monsters (they have a special character in front of their name). Rance can H these, and there's a useful achievement to unlock if you H enough of them.

DrDustCell

Educated
Also the chance of capturing monsters in regular battles with those Helman whities is either 0% or 100%, the only factors involved are:
1) Does this encounter have capturable monsters?
2) Did you FAIL to get a treasure chest?

If the answer is yes to both, the you'll 100% capture a monster! (even dupes)

Last edited:

dustyturkey

Barely Literate
I'm currently farming monster girls, I found that in the second Helman mission vs Kesselring (not one-turned earlier), there's a section which teleports you back over and over:

mKxRm88.jpg

The trick is to save right before the encounter, since the game remembers which enemy it spawned. Warping back rests the enemy to a random one. I've farmed 11 monster girls so far within the past hour lol..

Disclaimer: I'm using cheat engine for infinite hp for this trick. I'm at 795 cards, and if the OP is accurate, I've ~400 more cards to go...

How did you get infinite hp cheat? Do you have a link for the cheat engine table for Rance X?

DrDustCell

Educated
I'm currently farming monster girls, I found that in the second Helman mission vs Kesselring (not one-turned earlier), there's a section which teleports you back over and over:

mKxRm88.jpg

The trick is to save right before the encounter, since the game remembers which enemy it spawned. Warping back rests the enemy to a random one. I've farmed 11 monster girls so far within the past hour lol..

Disclaimer: I'm using cheat engine for infinite hp for this trick. I'm at 795 cards, and if the OP is accurate, I've ~400 more cards to go...

How did you get infinite hp cheat? Do you have a link for the cheat engine table for Rance X?

Sure, here you go http://www.mediafire.com/file/rtfpe25f5avccqw/Rance10_Release0802281.02.CT

Menu translation:

生命最大 MAX HP
见面秒杀 ALWAYS CRIT
掉落率最大 TREASURE RATE 100%
经验最大 MAX EXP
食券/金块最大 MAX MEAL TICKETS/GOLD BARS
徽章最大 MAX MEDALS (turn off immediately after starting new run, else get stuck in a loop)
友情值最大 MAX FRIENDSHIP POINTS
Point最大 MAX GAME SCORE

dustyturkey

Barely Literate
Thank you!

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I started the game, then opened cheat engine, selected Rance X then opened the cheat table and enabled the options you translated for me. It doesnt work for me.

I got it to work thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Milten20

Barely Literate
Awesome guide! Though one question, how did you manage to configure Visual Novel Reader to work with Rance X? I can't do it, it seems to not accept H-code.

fahru999

Barely Literate
Does anyone have some tips for me on defeating the thorned plan mob that you fight many times in Demon World easily? My health keep drained to half or less fighting a single of them, it keep cockblocking me for trying Breakthrough ending.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Awesome guide! Though one question, how did you manage to configure Visual Novel Reader to work with Rance X? I can't do it, it seems to not accept H-code.
Just use online translation, either google translate or baidu translate. The point of using VNR instead of a traditional text-hooker is it doesn't need h-code.

At least that's my understanding.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Does anyone have some tips for me on defeating the thorned plan mob that you fight many times in Demon World easily? My health keep drained to half or less fighting a single of them, it keep cockblocking me for trying Breakthrough ending.

Those mobs are generally not considered boss fights so the easiest way to deal with them is to assassinate them, or if it's the last map anyway you could just use an escape ability.

Characters with Assassinate abilities:
Freya: 3AP, 30% chance, repeatable
Katyusha: 3AP, 30% chance, repeatable
Don Dossky: 2AP, 70% chance, once per recovery
Pastel Kalar (fated): 5AP, 100% chance, once per recovery
Kanami (fated): 2AP, 30% chance, repeatable

Characters with escape abilities:
Silbarrel: 2AP, once per recovery
Elena Flower (sane)
Nelson Server: 6AP
Asakura Yoshikage

You can also fight them normally, you just need to deal with their healing ability. Either use ninjas or other characters with ability cancel, or use a character with healing seal debuff.

Characters with healing seal:
Sheila Helman (60%)
Am Isuel (50%)
Serachloras (80%)
Kaoru Quincy (nude) (100%)

We also have a general Rance thread in the jrpg forum on RPGCodex, here. That's where we discuss more spoilery strategy for Rance X and other AliceSoft games. This thread is meant to be spoiler-light, general gameplay and translation questions. So if anyone needs advice about specific missions, fights or boss fights, that's a better thread to ask.

Last edited:

Milten20

Barely Literate
Yes, but it's still seems to just not work. Simply having difficulty with hooking anything coherent. Can you show your VNR's text settings in Rance X?

Jason Liang

Arcane
hello and sorry for the inconvenience, but someone could tell me what I have to do here to save hornet, I can not pass by the last guards
rance_x.jpg
As Reinhardt said, you have to defeat all 4 guard encounters in 7 rounds total, so basically the first enounter in 1 round and the three following encounters in 2 rounds each.

Hints:
The simplest way to do it is to level up Kentaro as soon as you get him (by giving him 1 or more meal tickets). A pretty basic team that can get the job done is
R: Rance (lvl 45) the one with two 0 AP attacks
L: Rick (basic)
D: Kentaro (basic)

Either J: Torako (basic), FC: Shizuka (basic) or FC: Mill York (basic) with 1 AP light-type attack. Shizuka has higher attack power, but Torako has a chance of debuffing weakness which makes up for it.

Fill the last three slots either 0 AP attacks like Aegis or Rolex (or Krutche if you got her) or a character with a passive that increases damage like Cafe Artful, Modern Kalar, etc...

Krutche is always in the chests from the prep phase free chests event.

These characters at ~ lvl 30 is enough to beat this challenge at 10 difficulty.

darkcross852

Literate
thanks to all, I honestly had a hard time doing it since I only had rance level 45, but fortunately on trial and error I managed it.

My only problem with the game is that I do not understand exactly how to completely conquer a country as much as possible.
"(l l l <<<<<<<)"i cant do more

even if I keep learning and the game seems very fun (and fucking challenging)

Reinhardt

Arcane
You can kill general in operation phase and win or they will liberate themselves if you removed both majins.

darkcross852

Literate
You can kill general in operation phase and win or they will liberate themselves if you removed both majins.

generally I can only kill 2 of the commanders in the operation phase and after that I can only do two short routes through the country, I do not know if I do something bad

Jason Liang

Arcane
Starting from turn 9 you can do a Operation phase mission to kill the Monster General, which will liberate the country.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom