Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Real-Time Tactics FUCK YOU BULLFROG FUCK YOU SYNDICATE WARS

Heresiarch

Prophet
FUCK YOU ORBITAL PLATFORM LEVEL, FUCK YOU HIGH EXPLOSIVES WHICH BLOW UP EVERYTHING WHICH CAN'T BE PICKED UP EVEN THOUGH I HAVE FUCKING INVENTORY SLOTS LEFT I CLICKED AND CLICKED AND THE FUCKING AGENTS JUST FUCKING STAND THERE WATCHING IT BLOW UP AND I MUST REPEAT THE FUCKING LEVEL

AND FUCK THAT LITTLE YELLOW CAR WHICH FUCKING KEEP BUMPING INTO CROSSFIRE AND BLOW UP THE WHOLE FUCKING PLATFORM AND FUCK YOU ZEALOTS WHO KEEP FUCKING DIE UNDER A FUCKING ROOFTOP, AND OF COURSE THE FUCKING ROOFTOP DOESN'T TURN TRANSPARENT SO I CAN'T FUCKING SEE THE BOMB AND PICK UP EVEN THOUGH IM FUCKING 1 METER NEXT TO IT

FUCK YOU FUCKING DUMBASS GAME AND BUGS THANK GOD YOU GOT DESTROYED BY EA YOU FUCKING DESERVE IT

Tails

Arbiter
Heresiarch, are you playing Syndicate Wars under Dosbox or with new port?

Heresiarch

Prophet
Well, with port. Does it mess up with picking up the bombs?

Even if it's the port's problem, I steal can't help but loathe at some of the ridiculously cheap difficulty designs. Pixel hunting for game-over time bombs? Can't see bombs to pick up because you can't see anything below a wall/roof? Aiming and shooting and moving and picking stuff is teh hard because everything runs and fires faster than the guys in a Contra game?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Finished both campaigns without cheats when I was 11. Guess that means you suck. :smug:

Heresiarch

Prophet
Turisas said:
Finished both campaigns without cheats when I was 11. Guess that means you suck. :smug:

Bah, I finished the campaigns several years ago too. But back then it was a pirated version with no music and broken video and the game straight crashed when I finished the last level.

Now with a workable port but all I can get is fucking bombs which can't be picked up. Don't know if it's the port problem or it's originally there but cheap level design is still cheap.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Yeah some missions were just fucking unfair, but still at its best it was just so much fun that it made up for it. And the weapons, ah the joys of mass destruction.

Tails

Arbiter
Heresiarch said:
Well, with port. Does it mess up with picking up the bombs?
It's quiet possible, I didn't play until this mission with port though. I remember other bug, related to fourth mission with chemical grenade(?) thrown non-stop from Zealot corpse and something else. In other missions I didn't have problem with picking bombs. Still the difficulty of Syndicate Wars is lower then in American Revolt:>

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
There is a syndicate wars remake in the works. The best thing they could do is make a mode where the cursor turned building directly under it into wireframe mode or something (maybe translucent?)

But anyway, i predict you're going to be disappointed with the ending movie.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Heresiarch said:
FUCK YOU ORBITAL PLATFORM LEVEL, FUCK YOU HIGH EXPLOSIVES WHICH BLOW UP EVERYTHING WHICH CAN'T BE PICKED UP EVEN THOUGH I HAVE FUCKING INVENTORY SLOTS LEFT I CLICKED AND CLICKED AND THE FUCKING AGENTS JUST FUCKING STAND THERE WATCHING IT BLOW UP AND I MUST REPEAT THE FUCKING LEVEL

AND FUCK THAT LITTLE YELLOW CAR WHICH FUCKING KEEP BUMPING INTO CROSSFIRE AND BLOW UP THE WHOLE FUCKING PLATFORM AND FUCK YOU ZEALOTS WHO KEEP FUCKING DIE UNDER A FUCKING ROOFTOP, AND OF COURSE THE FUCKING ROOFTOP DOESN'T TURN TRANSPARENT SO I CAN'T FUCKING SEE THE BOMB AND PICK UP EVEN THOUGH IM FUCKING 1 METER NEXT TO IT

FUCK YOU FUCKING DUMBASS GAME AND BUGS THANK GOD YOU GOT DESTROYED BY EA YOU FUCKING DESERVE IT

I remember that. I didn't have the stamina to finish it, unlike the original Syndicate. A turn based Syndicate would be heavan indeed.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I don't think I ever finished Wars; was the ending worse than in Syndicate? because that one had no ending to speak of; you get the usual "mission complete" and then the credits roll.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Fast and furious action? Like in Syndicate being a fast-paced action game? With lots of shooting and stuff?
For fucks sake, what fuck? You're no better than the "TB is outdated" retards, except that you want to genocide action games instead of turn based ones.

If you want a TB cyberpunk tactical game, then do your own, instead of raping good old games.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Sceptic said:
I don't think I ever finished Wars; was the ending worse than in Syndicate? because that one had no ending to speak of; you get the usual "mission complete" and then the credits roll.
Infinitesimally better.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Ed123 said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Fast and furious action? Like in Syndicate being a fast-paced action game? With lots of shooting and stuff?

Gott im himmel.

Because JA2 is so interminable. :roll:
1 JA2 turn would last about 5 seconds in Syndicate.

Ed123 said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
You're no better than the "TB is outdated" retards, except that you want to genocide action games instead of turn based ones.

Awor Szurkrarz said:
If you want a TB cyberpunk tactical game, then do your own, instead of raping good old games.

Ed123 said:
Someone should remake Syndicate...as a turn-based Tactical squad shooter.

lrn

rd
I see. A remake of a good old game in a completely different genre.Yeah, it's totally different from Fallout 3 and XCOM.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Except that a turn-based "Syndicate" wouldn't be a remake. It would be a spin-off or a completely different game set in the Syndicate setting.

nomask7

Arcane
Any news? What happened to the remake?

I loved this game as a kid. Is there anything recent that is like it?

spectre

Arcane
It's up on early access.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/268870

If EA is not your cuppa, there's an older build floating around on the torrents. It has a bit of gameplay to show. Lots of stuff is missing, but it's good enough to form an opinion.
Won't be a straight up remake, but in my opinion it's going in the right direction. Feels as if you mixed Syndicate Wars and a bit of Commandos.

Aenra

don't know, don't care to know about your bullfrog. However, this is for you

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom