Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TBS Flamberge

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It is a tactical RPG in early access (10 $ or something like that). It plays in wego. The least I can say is that it is a very difficult task they have undertook (I had considered going wego for my game, as it makes multiplayer flow much better, but I eventually gave up because of all the headaches it would cause design wise).I think the last attempt at med fan wego tactical RPG was knights of legends.
The content is a bit weak atm (4 missions and 4 small encounters + MP). The UI is not as good as in Frozen Synapse (no way to simulate opponent actions for instance). I have not played enough to be able to judge the game.

walmott3.png

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
I found the system a bit weird at first : You try to guess where the opponent will move, get away from the resulting charge radius, and come back to charge him in the back. I thought it was a bit gimmicky at first, but it is a bit like manuall sidestepping. But this kind of battle of wits is more interesting against a human opponent. The AI just B-line to your warriors (well, it is hardly optimal, but the optimum for the AI would probably to chose a random position among several reasonable estimations for your warrior locations, get there, and charge.

The thing is that if you end your turn too close from the AI, you cannot really sidestep.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
It's phase-based, everyone puts their actions in, and then everyone's actions execute at the same time.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
I have finished the 4 levels available now. The system is quite interesting actually : you have to choose for each attack between manual aiming (the character will aim directly where you point once he has finished all previous actions. Increased damage), adjusted (your character will attack one target present at range x of the initial target), and automatic (the character attack one target in a given radius around his position).

The game feels more like a demo right now (I finished it in one hour), and some UI elements are missing (option to wait some time, and to plan enemy moves for simulation), and setting up moves and attack vectors before hand seems a bit gamey (a lot can change during one turn, I doubt RL fighters could miss their target by 5 meters), but it works rather well given the task at hand (as I said before, it is very hard to do simultaneous turn with separate planning and execution phase with melee weapons, as their range will usualy be quite short compared to character movements).

There is a demo there btw.

Last edited:

Ranarama

Learned
Whats wego?

It appears to be a travel booking site, a brand of heart rate monitor, a linux cli weather app, and and the name of a DJ mixer controller

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom