Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper Five Nights at Freddy's RPG (lolwut)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Retard makes millions (or at least hundreds of thousands but probably millions) on shit meme game in 2016. Film at 11.

ColCol

Arcane
As someone who worked (and occasionally volunteers) at schools I can't undersell how much children love this game series. Ages 5 to 18 eat this series up.

pippin

As someone who worked (and occasionally volunteers) at schools I can't undersell how much children love this game series. Ages 5 to 18 eat this series up.

It's because youtubers loved it. Pewdiepie could easily brainwash kids with anything and they'll believe it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If I were a game developer I would absolutely make these type of games because:

1) They're a lot cheaper to produce than something like Planescape Torment
2) Attract a much much wider audience/streamers so they market themselves
3) Probably make more money when all is said and done.

In the words of Brian Fargo: "Would I fucking be here if I made Angry Birds?!?!"

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Yeah targeting children is a recipe for success. For youtube/twitch they are too uneducated to use adblock, and for games they just buy anything they internet idols play.

pippin

Kids have parents who are willing to pay for everything so their kid stays silent for more than 5 minutes straight. That's they key to understand the marketing of products made for kids.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Sorta yeah, at least in the case of the minecraft novels none of them are endorsed by the IP holders. It's kinda odd you can sell a novel set in someone else's IP, apparently all you need to do is put a warning saying it's unofficial.

Norfleet

Kids have parents who are willing to pay for everything so their kid stays silent for more than 5 minutes straight. That's they key to understand the marketing of products made for kids.
Strange of them. For so much less than buying all this stuff, they could just buy my computer-controlled electroshock collars, that will detect when the annoying little shitstain makes a noise and immediately apply painful electric shock, thus conditioning it for silence. I don't buy my kid ANY kind of games, PIRATE BAY EXISTS FOR A REASON.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
Strange of them. For so much less than buying all this stuff, they could just buy my computer-controlled electroshock collars, that will detect when the annoying little shitstain makes a noise and immediately apply painful electric shock, thus conditioning it for silence. I don't buy my kid ANY kind of games, PIRATE BAY EXISTS FOR A REASON.

Yeah kids are horrible creatures..:obviously:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

And yet FNAF is a game whose primary selling point is to scare children, therefore make them scream and make MORE noise.

I am starting to hate FNAF fans more than Ponyfuckers.

Ponyfuckers are a part of the FNAF fanbase.

Let the hate FLOW through you.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Removed from Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/games/388090/announcements/detail/92689497772897600

FNaF World
25 JANUARY - SCOTT

Hi everyone, I wanted to make a post about the fate of FNaF World. Even though the game had a "Very Positive" rating with 87%, I was not satisfied with the reviews and ratings it was getting.

For that reason, I've decided to remove the game from Steam. I've also asked Valve to make it so that the game can be refunded regardless of the amount of the time it has been owned, meaning that anyone can get a refund at any time. It may take them a while to set that up, but it will be in place soon.

I'm still going to work on FNaF World and polish it up. I'm busy creating a fully 3D overworld for the game. When I'm ready to update the game, I will replace the demo currently on GameJolt with the full game. From this point forward, the game will always be free.

I appreciate your support, and I encourage you all to refund your Steam game (even if you enjoyed the game), and download the new version when it becomes available on GameJolt. :)

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Eh, quality of his game notwithstanding, you got to give kudos to the guy for being honest and actually respect his fanbase. Most other indies will just keep selling the game with promises of future patch.

pippin

Scott always appears to be a legit nice guy who happens to be in charge of a legion of cringeworthy shit. He's probably more clever than the usual indie dev though.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
FNaF World
25 JANUARY - SCOTT

Hi everyone, I wanted to make a post about the fate of FNaF World. Even though the game had a "Very Positive" rating with 87%, I was not satisfied with the reviews and ratings it was getting.

For that reason, I've decided to remove the game from Steam. I've also asked Valve to make it so that the game can be refunded regardless of the amount of the time it has been owned, meaning that anyone can get a refund at any time. It may take them a while to set that up, but it will be in place soon.

I'm still going to work on FNaF World and polish it up. I'm busy creating a fully 3D overworld for the game. When I'm ready to update the game, I will replace the demo currently on GameJolt with the full game. From this point forward, the game will always be free.

I appreciate your support, and I encourage you all to refund your Steam game (even if you enjoyed the game), and download the new version when it becomes available on GameJolt. :)

This is a pretty big step - he's admitting that he screwed up on the early release of the game AND is making the game free as a result WHEN it is eventually ready for release.

Let's see ANYONE else do the same and walk away from it in the black.

Beastro

Arcane
So with this going free I wonder how many Codexians will have this on their Steam game list (and how many will rank a few hundred hours on it ala Bethesda games).

Fug

Educated
Seems a bit less complex than his previous RPG's, which is to be expected since he's siphoning off money from dumb kids that like Pewdiepie.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom