Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper Five Nights at Freddy's RPG (lolwut)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://steamcommunity.com/games/388090/announcements/detail/124202807772796833

Hi everyone, this is a big update! :)

I wanted to keep my plans for a new game secret until Halloween, but while my teasers have created excitement for some people, they have created some confusion as well, mainly because people don't know if the Five Nights at Freddy's story is over or not.

It's very important for me to say again that there will NOT be a Five Nights at Freddy's 5. The story is complete, and the Halloween update and new game will not add to it.

That being said, I wanted to use these characters in a new and fun way because they are so near and dear to my heart, and I was excited to work on a type of game that I hadn't made in a long time.

The new game that I'm working on will be called FNAF World. It will not be a horror game, but a role playing game where you create a party using the huge selection of characters from the FNaF games, including the classic, withered, toy, phantom, and nightmare versions. I've been working steadily on characters and hope to start on enemy models next week.

The bad news is that it's unlikely that a demo will be ready for Halloween like I had hoped, since this game's scope is significantly larger than previous games in the series. However, I will release a free demo, as promised, as soon as it's ready!

FNAF World will be released on PC, Android, and iOS. I don't have an estimated release date yet since the game is still early in development.

I hope you enjoy the new designs of the "adventure" characters, as I call them. Stay tuned for more updates!

Black

Arcane
What a time to be alive as an rpg fan.
This is what the future is all about, when I played Torments, Fallouts and Arcanums I kept thinking to myself "boy, I wish rpgs had shitty* jump scares in them."

*redundant

V_K

Arcane
Well, I for one could do with a decent horror-themed RPG - especially since there hasn't been any since Legacy, and that was more than 20 years ago.

EDIT: Ok, I forgot SS2, my bad. But still it was a long time ago.

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
The guy behind Five Guys never made a horror game so I doubt he'll start now.

Black

Arcane
NEITHER IS MY ASS

Here we have an actual rpg explaining what horror is, two things which obviously the creator of Five Nights never understood.
WSYhBuk.jpg

V_K

Arcane
VtM is urban fantasy, not horror. It's about as scary as Twilight.
Then again, I haven't played FNaF, so maybe it's on the same level of horrorlessness.

Black

Arcane
Then again, I haven't played FNaF, so maybe it's on the same level of horrorlessness.
You're about as bring as rougey if you think I was saying that VtM in itself was scary.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I'm pretty sure Black posted the screenshot for the horror definition given by Pisha, and not to advocate that VTMB was horror.

EDIT: I was ninjaed

V_K

Arcane
But is a completely unscary (and also full of teenager bullshit, but that's another story) game a good source to rely on for definition of horror?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Yes.

Edit: The haunted house was spookier than any one of these shitty fucking youtube meme games ever could hope to be, and there was no real threat in the haunted house either. No enemies or nothing. Didn't need a physical threat.

Last edited:

Wolfenswan

Novice
Edit: The haunted house was spookier than any one of these shitty fucking youtube meme games ever could hope to be, and there was no real threat in the haunted house either. No enemies or nothing. Didn't need a physical threat.

I think the flying cutlery could kill you if you were particularly dumb or weak.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Real horror is that there's like 5 of those games, not to mention all the slender clones popping on steam every 15 mins

Also this will probably just be a generic jrpg.

V_K

Arcane
The haunted house was spookier than any one of these shitty fucking youtube meme games ever could hope to be, and there was no real threat in the haunted house either. No enemies or nothing. Didn't need a physical threat.
So walking simulators are good if they're made by the right developer?

:updatedmytxt:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom