Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Felipepepe's Top 15 Cancelled RPGs

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Does anyone remember the name of the game that got cancelled and we instead got Neverwinter Nights? Something short and snappy but fuck me if I can remember it still.

Not sure exactly what you're referring to, since Bioware had been planning to make Neverwinter Nights since the very beginning. There are NWN references in Baldur's Gate 1.

EDIT: Torn, possibly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc2VJlmJzcM

:mca:

Rpgsaurus Rex

Not sure exactly what you're referring to, since Bioware had been planning to make Neverwinter Nights since the very beginning. There are NWN references in Baldur's Gate 1.

EDIT: Torn, possibly?

Yes. Torn. Motherloving Torn.

pippin

heh. the icewind dale music was used for the original nwn trailer as well.

TripJack

Hedonist
top 15 pieces of shit we are better off without and also grimoire would be a more accurate title here

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The Apple II had programs to make screenshots
Are you sure? Then why magazines and even official ads all used phographs from monitors? Here's a Ultima V ad from 1988, with screens from the Apple II, and they are clearly just shitty photographs:

zMKRdGF.jpg

Not to mention the chances of a .gif from a canceled game surviving 30 years...

Also, no Torn or Stonekeep 2, but 2 lame JRPG remakes? And I thought jumping in Lie Alexander's sack was Felipe's lowest point...
Torn looks popamole as fuck, and Stonekeep 1 was already mediocre... I really don't think they would be any special. And there's very little to talk about them as well.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
That TORN trailer reminds me of the Descent trailer that was on the Baldur's Gate Disc 1 for some reason.

Rpgsaurus Rex

Torn looks popamole as fuck, and Stonekeep 1 was already mediocre... I really don't think they would be any special. And there's very little to talk about them as well.

Torn was the sort of game that my local game mags kept hyping up for MONTHS. "You liked Fallout? You liked Baldur's Gate? Here's the next great RPG coming soon (tm)!". It was a huge letdown to hear it got cancelled.

And then we got to play NWN OC :troll face:

Stompa

Arcane

Sergei Klimov: We're one of the oldest Russian teams on the East European games scene and we've been working on a way to mix strategy, tactics, RPG and adventure since early '97 when we started developing our own Chronicles of Time universe and the corresponding RPG set. The first multi-genre game from the Chronicles, Warlord Vseslav: A Hero's Tale, should ship next spring. It's set in a totally accurate XI century, but the Highlander series and Lord of the Rings and the Eternal Champion novels have been great inspiration since we've read lots of sci-fi and fantasy in our days - still keep reading!

Hahaha, oh wow. Warlord Vseslav: A Hero's Tale was also canned after multiple delays in 2003. I suppose they wanted to use its engine for Stormbringer, but, since it wasn't finished, they were left empty-handed.

throwaway

Cipher
[There are NWN references in Baldur's Gate 1.
Mind elaborating?

Also, I never got past 55% of the Why did Sirotech go bankrup thread. Damn shame those mockups were the only thing we got, cancelling the auctions was a crime.
So a couple of Qs : Is that why Brenda gets so much flak here? Just how much of Cleve's ramblings were confirmed?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Wait... did the city of Neverwinter only get added in the 3rd ed book of Forgotten Realms?

No, of course not. The dialogue is just weird because they wanted to insert that reference. There was a Neverwinter Nights MMO in the early 90s, remember

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
felipepepe

8 Bit Weapon said:
Hi Infinitron, nice to meet you! I created these images my editing the UI & Portraits from the Apple II version of Wasteland, since MT was to be the spiritual sequel before being dropped.

also check out my work on this apple II game that is inspired by wasteland & bard's Tale. https://www.facebook.com/LawlessLegends
Lawless Legends

Mystery solved. And all these years these images have been passed around as genuine screenshots...

A user named cat

Why there are no super-hero RPGs? Hero Games tried to answer that in 1992… and never made it.
A couple years later there was this if you want to count hybrids (which reminds me I need to catch up on a million DOS games):

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Why there are no super-hero RPGs? Hero Games tried to answer that in 1992… and never made it.
A couple years later there was this if you want to count hybrids (which reminds me I need to catch up on a million DOS games):

Yeah, a lot of people pointed me towards it. Hoboken will be on the book and all that, but I don't think it counts... it's a parody, not a actual super-hero game. I mean, your character's power is to organize flowcharts. And aside from the combat, the rest plays like an adventure game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom