Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Feargus Urquhart and Josh Sawyer talk about upcoming Obsidian games at Gamepressure

Our goal was to make a spiritual successor to the Infinity Engine games and I feel that, for the most part, we accomplished that.

:smug:

Smug about what? That he "thinks" he accomplished that? You do realize you're not the same person as him, right? Or...

I'm using the smiley because he's outright dismissing all the complaints of the grognards who said he made something that felt nothing like an IE game.
It wouldnt be the first time when he lost touch with reality:smug:

Mustawd

I'm choosing to interpret Feargus, when he invokes "Tim Cain, Game Director of the original Fallout", that Obsidian has accepted to make the next Fallout game. That's highly optimistic of me, borderline delusional, but I'm sticking to it.

:retarded:

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
If it's crowdfunded, it certainly won't be anything Fallout-y.

Something connected to White Wolf/Paradox seems more likely.
Enough nostalgia and rabid fans to get lots of money through kickstarter fig.

Telengard

Arcane
It will be...a turn-based RPG set in the POE world with romance match-3 gameplay - a la Hunie Pop, but with POE females and a character doll that you can put equipment on.

M0RBUS

Augur
Wonder if Tim Cain can bring Jason Anderson and Leonard Boyarsky similar to Avellone working on other Kickstarters. Maybe even Brian Mitsoda and George Ziets to make the next RPG greatness.
Boyarsky out of Bioware? They'd have to bring out the big bucks, I believe. And JDA out of inXile? Hum...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wonder if Tim Cain can bring Jason Anderson and Leonard Boyarsky similar to Avellone working on other Kickstarters. Maybe even Brian Mitsoda and George Ziets to make the next RPG greatness.
Boyarsky out of Bioware? They'd have to bring out the big bucks, I believe. And JDA out of inXile? Hum...

Uh. Boyarsky was never at Bioware and Jason Anderson hasn't been at inXile since 2011.

Mech

Cipher
I'm choosing to interpret Feargus, when he invokes "Tim Cain, Game Director of the original Fallout", that Obsidian has accepted to make the next Fallout game. That's highly optimistic of me, borderline delusional, but I'm sticking to it.

That reference was extremely obvious in my opinion. Obviously an Obsidian Fallout game.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Obsidian found a lifehack apparently. They can release tasteless casul games for retards, which will sell well because the general public is retarded.
And at the same time they can milk people who liked good RPGs by saying "trust us on this, we'll settle for nothing less than a brilliant spiritual successor". And this second category of players is really the most pathetic one because they don't learn.

Doktor Best

Arcane
You know guys, Obsidian could make another Fallout game any time... they just wouldnt get to call it fallout and they'd have to change a few things so Bethesda doesnt copyrightsue their asses.

Severian Silk

Obsidian found a lifehack apparently. They can release tasteless casul games for retards, which will sell well because the general public is retarded.
And at the same time they can milk people who liked good RPGs by saying "trust us on this, we'll settle for nothing less than a brilliant spiritual successor". And this second category of players is really the most pathetic one because they don't learn.
QFT

Xeon

Augur
Boyarsky is in Blizzard, I just meant since they are probably close friends with Tim, they probably can take a side project for smaller money similar to what Avellone does or did when he was in Obsidian.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So, Tim Cain is the next to leave Obsidian.

A new Josh Sawyer led project with Legendary Tim Cain as a guy who gets to say something once in a meeting but gets totally disregarded

Ninjerk

Arcane
So, Tim Cain is the next to leave Obsidian.

A new Josh Sawyer led project with Legendary Tim Cain as a guy who gets to say something once in a meeting but gets totally disregarded
That's a good tagline. They should run with that.

Xeon

Augur
Am I missing something? I thought Tim Cain will be the one who will lead the next project. I think he lead Fallout 1, his Kickstarter update about strongholds was the best update for me and also in his talk about Fallout, he pushed for evil ways to do quests, and wanted the mob guy or something to rule Junktown at first. Kinda doesn't shy away if it makes the game interesting.

Also Avellone was one of the owners of Obsidian, he could have simply told Fergues to fuck off if he didn't want to whore himself but he just did and spent most of his time working on this and that for other people. He even did the same for InXile.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The reason he mentioned Tim's pedigree is probably because he wasn't sure people would know who he was.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
All Feargus said is that he's been talking to Tim about ideas for some upcoming project. Doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be a project director.

Last edited:

Xeon

Augur
:hahyou:

:rage:

Man, I don't hate Sawyer but really wanted a game similar to Arcanum and Bloodline. Still hoping tho.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Sweet donkey balls, you people are so delusional sometimes. Its a fucking PR piece, what do you do to create hype for the project you're not allowed to discuss yet? Hype the credentials of people working on it.

It means exactly fuck all on what kind of game this actually is. May as well be Hello Kitty The RPG for all we know.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I'm using the smiley because he's outright dismissing all the complaints of the grognards who said he made something that felt nothing like an IE game.

Ah, dismissing it means he's right.

Autists gonna autist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom