Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 5 - set in the exotic open world of MONTANA

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
We don't know if they are "Christians." That's what """journalists""" keep saying to drum up the "controversy." They are probably as Christian as those guys from Bioshock infinite. In fact, those were worse because they were specifically designed to be ultra-American and openly racist, but in this game there are also black cultists. The only christian elements we have seen are the cross and the promo image, and both were probably done on purpose to troll and bait people.

Self-Ejected

Pariah Dog

Self-Ejected
Patron
Fucking hell is anyone else having their sides implode the way Mynon is is trying to appeal to authority by linking to this people?:

-Blob Chipman
-Neofags
-Youtube Commenters
-14 year old steam 'tards
-And now some gay furry ( With apologies to Jasede)

:|

It's obvious that Mynon is actually an Ubisoft plant. Joined shortly before the announcement of FC5. He has been training for this moment for months now.

If he's an Ubishill then he's probably being paid far too much for his services. I find it more likely that he does it for free because he's convinced this is "triggering" us rather than simply boring us to tears. He's salty over the spankings he got in the GG thread so he thinks he's smashing the patriarchy sticking it to us by doing this.

We don't know if they are "Christians." That's what """journalists""" keep saying to drum up the "controversy." They are probably as Christian as those guys from Bioshock infinite. In fact, those were worse because they were specifically designed to be ultra-American and openly racist, but in this game there are also black cultists. The only christian elements we have seen are the cross and the promo image, and both were probably done on purpose to troll and bait people.

I'm fairly certain that FC5's big bad is going to be a Christian splinter-sect cult given the prevalence of crosses, the "Last Supper" reference, and the footage of what appears to be a river baptism. If they actually chicken out and say "No, these guys aren't Christians at all, we swear" I'll be mildly amused and surprised.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I find it more likely that he does it for free because he's convinced this is "triggering" us rather than simply boring us to tears.

Pathetic. Corporate shills who don't even realize they're shills and they're not even getting paid.

ciox

Liturgist
People here are blaming Myrnon but they would have no problems with a game about shooting Muslims.

You dont shoot Muslims you shoot terrorists, just like your not killing Christians but Nazis. Religion is never the focus of the games narrative, unlike in FC 5.

I support freedom of speech and freedom of artistic expression. So if you want to make a game about killing evil extremist Christians you are free to do so. But I also support people openly discussing problems in that plaque mainstream media.

Problem is, as mentioned by others, a recurring demonization of Christianity in all media by the liberals. Same people who while attacking and mocking Christianity will defend Islam.

Liberals have nothing but contempt for Christianity and values on which Western civilization has been build upon.

Gaming has been relatively free from this corruption for a long time but its has becoming more and more present in modern games.

Now this was a high point, the awkwardness of people in the theater trying to enjoy this while clearly having some reserve was interesting.

Gerrard

Arcane
People here are blaming Myrnon but they would have no problems with a game about shooting Muslims.
If you have a problem with a game about shooting muslims that's probably because you are a part of the problem.

Self-Ejected

Pariah Dog

Self-Ejected
Patron
If you have a problem with a game about shooting muslims that's probably because you are a part of the problem.

Ahmadiyya (I'm probably butchering the name, but whatever) Muslims are actually not bad. Closest thing to a decent reform Islam has had. Too bad Ahmadis make up like 1% of the total Muslim population tops and all the other Muslims want to kill the Ahmadis for being heretics.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06/03/the-cancel-far-cry-5-petition-continues-to-troll-everyone/
The “Cancel Far Cry 5” Petition Continues To Troll Everyone

Earlier this week we told you about a petition started on Change.org where a group called Gamers United have called for people to sign in support of canceling Far Cry 5. The original text reads like an ill-informed racist post you’d find on 4chan, calling out Ubisoft for putting a religious cult in Montana as the bad guys and demanding that they make Islam or “inner city gangs” the focus and setting it in Canada. Feel free to read it if you’d like.

Since then, the post has been updated with a lot of new text, essentially yelling at everyone for… well, everything. The “update” reads like an angry sixteen-year-old lashing out at the world with a list of problems, complete with grammar and spelling errors that only enforce the idea that this is either a big parody or a serious petition written by someone who doesn’t understand how the gaming industry works.

It reads like an ignorant manifesto from someone who didn’t like the game being set in America and decided to take their outrage nine steps forward. To top it off, they still haven’t revealed what the end goal is to this petition. And probably won’t since the owner increased the signature request to 2,500 after reaching both the 500 and 1,500 goals they previously set. Nor do they talk about what they will do if Ubisoft ignores the entire ordeal, which they probably will.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Only thing this series had going for it was the exotic locales, and that's a stretch.

Pass, I can only take so much climbing vantage points, clearing so many outposts and hunting down so many collectives. Ubisoft are lazy, unoriginal fucks.
No one in this thread can be actually considering paying real money for this shit, right?
Farcry 3 and 4 were good fun, so I'll be getting this one too for sure. I like the setting too, to an urban European like me Montana is about as exotic as it gets.

I didn't give a fuck that a bunch of delicate snowflakes were triggered by FC4, so I certainly don't care that a different set of snowflakes are getting buthurt over FC5 either.

Self-Ejected

Pariah Dog

Self-Ejected
Patron
Muslims are actually not bad.

Reported to FBI
Sorry, they're too busy digging up the dirt to bury your orange messiah.

See, at first I was gonna say "I know you're just having a giggle there with that out-of-context quote there buru5 but Ahmadis are actually pretty chill for an Abrahamic religion" and leave it at that but then Metro opens his big fucking mouth and gives me something even BETTER to poke fun at

There is basically nothing they could hope to find that would impeach Trump. I won't blather on TOO much about how generally incompetent the Feds have proven themselves to be anyway, but suffice it to say that Trump really doesn't have to worry about much in the way of impeachment, and to be honest the Dems and the FBI know this (but will insist on wasting time and money on it anyway simply to try and save face with their alleged constituents). If Hillary had gotten into office chances are we'd be too busy getting embroiled in Cold War 2 Electric Boogaloo and desperately trying to avoid it turning into a HOT war with the only other power on Earth actually capable of kicking our asses in a straight-up fight to actually put into motion any sort of impeachment against Clinton, but Clinton would have been a thousand times more DESERVING of impeachment than Trump regardless.

You and the rest of the Hill-Shill crew are absolute fucking IDIOTS, and Bernie (for all his faults, and there are PLENTY of them) was absolutely the better fucking candidate on the Dem side. You are desperately trying to recover face with the constituency you shat all over by tilting at the Trump windmill, and while some of them are certainly dumb enough to forgive you many of them won't, nor should they. In a way, while you would have deserved the utter ruination Hillary would have brought about, you also deserve the sheer amount of asspain the Trump presidency will give you and will probably KEEP giving you. Your tears are delicious, so by all means keep them coming.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Muslims are actually not bad.

Reported to FBI
Sorry, they're too busy digging up the dirt to bury your orange messiah.

See, at first I was gonna say "I know you're just having a giggle there with that out-of-context quote there buru5 but Ahmadis are actually pretty chill for an Abrahamic religion" and leave it at that but then Metro opens his big fucking mouth and gives me something even BETTER to poke fun at

There is basically nothing they could hope to find that would impeach Trump. I won't blather on TOO much about how generally incompetent the Feds have proven themselves to be anyway, but suffice it to say that Trump really doesn't have to worry about much in the way of impeachment, and to be honest the Dems and the FBI know this (but will insist on wasting time and money on it anyway simply to try and save face with their alleged constituents). If Hillary had gotten into office chances are we'd be too busy getting embroiled in Cold War 2 Electric Boogaloo and desperately trying to avoid it turning into a HOT war with the only other power on Earth actually capable of kicking our asses in a straight-up fight to actually put into motion any sort of impeachment against Clinton, but Clinton would have been a thousand times more DESERVING of impeachment than Trump regardless.

You and the rest of the Hill-Shill crew are absolute fucking IDIOTS, and Bernie (for all his faults, and there are PLENTY of them) was absolutely the better fucking candidate on the Dem side. You are desperately trying to recover face with the constituency you shat all over by tilting at the Trump windmill, and while some of them are certainly dumb enough to forgive you many of them won't, nor should they. In a way, while you would have deserved the utter ruination Hillary would have brought about, you also deserve the sheer amount of asspain the Trump presidency will give you and will probably KEEP giving you. Your tears are delicious, so by all means keep them coming.
Imagine what your face look like if you posted something with no effort at all and an obvious intent to not take anything seriously, as some rando goes all-out trying to seriously debunk your shitpost

Self-Ejected

Pariah Dog

Self-Ejected
Patron
Imagine what your face look like if you posted something with no effort at all and an obvious intent to not take anything seriously, as some rando goes all-out trying to seriously debunk your shitpost

"Ha, joke's on you, I was only shitposting, I wasn't taking it seriously" is a fantastic way to pretend that you didn't mean what you just posted, but pretending to be a fool rarely has good results.

In any event, the longer the Dems pretend that they're actually in any position to impeach Trump, the longer they don't do the introspection they desperately need to do in order to figure out how in the FUCK they thought Hillary was at any point their best fucking option.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I don't really care about Hillary Clinton. But it is pretty funny how Trump played the 'lock her up crowd' saying he'd appoint a special counsel to investigate her. Then day one of his presidency he was all... 'meh, t3h Clintons are okay in my book.' Delicious irony when he ended up the subject of a special counsel investigation.

Doesn't matter if they don't find anything substantive. Impeachment is a political process subject to review by no one. All that's needed is around 50ish Republican Congressman and 20ish Republican Senators who would rather have Mike Pence in the White House. Nowhere near as tall an order as most people here seem to think.

Self-Ejected

Pariah Dog

Self-Ejected
Patron
I don't really care about Hillary Clinton. But it is pretty funny how Trump played the 'lock her up crowd' saying he'd appoint a special counsel to investigate her. Then day one of his presidency he was all... 'meh, t3h Clintons are okay in my book.' Delicious irony when he ended up the subject of a special counsel investigation.

Doesn't matter if they don't find anything substantive. Impeachment is a political process subject to review by no one. All that's needed is around 50ish Republican Congressman and 20ish Republican Senators who would rather have Mike Pence in the White House. Nowhere near as tall an order as most people here seem to think.

The Dems would have to be absolutely fucking retarded to want Pence in instead of Trump. I mean, I get why the Republicans in the Senate and House would want Pence over Trump, but the Dems would have to be UNBELIEVABLY stupid to think that Pence is preferable to Trump.

All the Republican candidates would have to do after a Pence presidency (if it goes south) is point out that Pence was brought to them courtesy of the Dems who would rather point fingers at absolutely anyone and everyone else rather than take a good, hard look at themselves.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron

I've told you to kill yourself before but somehow posts are still made by this account????

CreamyBlood

Arcane
A screenshot from a video game over a year away and a million sensibilities are offended and hurt. Whether intentional or not, Ubisoft, great marketing for yet another one of your useless, boring games. You will make some good cash, I'm sure.

Does anyone remember School Yard Shootout on the Atari ST? No? Good thing because if the general populace had enough brains or money to use a computer back then, they'd be 'triggered' as well. Oh well. It was a shit-game too but it was funny at the time.

People can't seem to laugh anymore.

Drakron

Arcane
Whether intentional or not, Ubisoft, great marketing for yet another one of your useless, boring games. You will make some good cash, I'm sure.

Well as Apple proven, you dont need to make a good product ... you only need to make a good sale pitch.

This is what gaming became, you have games that are overhyped by shills with 5 million shipped and top the sale charts in day 1 ... with 50-60% drop the following week, its being entirely driven up bu hype, Ubisoft is likely going after this angle because how of how polarized things seem to be these days, I suspect the last AssCreed despite having a "we are such a inclusive company" sold like shit kinda made then move away from appealing to the SWJ nutjobs because they talk alright but they dont buy but in this case due the whole "us vs them" that is appearing and more and more desperate jornos they are deliberate feeding them scraps because ... well nobody gave a fuck about Primal because it was just unoffensive and boring, at least this is keeping the game being talked about instead of being ignored.

At least I know the game exist, I might pre-order it ... unlike Primal that I only noticed it when it was on Steam recent releases tab.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
DBm3zIvUMAIIxPQ.jpg

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Only thing this series had going for it was the exotic locales, and that's a stretch.

Pass, I can only take so much climbing vantage points, clearing so many outposts and hunting down so many collectives. Ubisoft are lazy, unoriginal fucks.
No one in this thread can be actually considering paying real money for this shit, right?
Farcry 3 and 4 were good fun, so I'll be getting this one too for sure. I like the setting too, to an urban European like me Montana is about as exotic as it gets.

I didn't give a fuck that a bunch of delicate snowflakes were triggered by FC4, so I certainly don't care that a different set of snowflakes are getting buthurt over FC5 either.
Yup. Previous games provided me with dozens of hours of excellent if brainless FPS action and quality open world exploration. It will be just the same with the new one, plus the additional benefit of this game's very existence making perpetually offended Christians/conservatives rage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom