Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 5 - set in the exotic open world of MONTANA

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAJ9AAAAJGE0MjVhNDFiLTg4NGItNDJmMC1hODA5LWE4YTIwN2ZmZGUxMQ.jpg

Rare photo of Far Cry 5 petition coverage by game journos, circa 2017 (colorized)

Lmfaoroflmaolol

Self-Ejected

Pariah Dog

Self-Ejected
Patron
I shall not yield, and will continue as before.

Winners never quit, and quitters never win, but those who never quit AND never win are idiots.

You know, it's funny how he accuses us of being some kind of echo chamber, and yet he's ignoring at the bare minimum 5 other posters here. SJWs always project, SJWs always double down.

This is all very cute. know tho that some time ago I wrote how you maintain your echo chamber - not with bans or post deletions, but thru such underhand methods like tags and mocking ratings, thus discouraging voicing of dissenting opinions.

I feel the need to respond to these allegations a bit more strongly, in retrospect.

The use of tags and mocking ratings certainly hasn't discouraged YOU from continuing to shit up the Codex, Mynon - indeed, it really hasn't seemed to stop anyone. Now, I'm sure you'll say that this is because you are a True Keyboard Warrior who cannot be deterred by such things... but the fact of the matter is that you really don't have SHIT on some of the people I've seen slither their way through the Internet. Your idiotic opinions and inane posts aren't threatening to our worldview in the slightest. Your "strongest" weapon so far has been, of all things, perceived "consensus" (and it's not even that, really) among groups of known IDIOTS on the Internet.

Really, the only reason you're getting attention at all is because it's pretty much always fun to mock retards on the Internet. You are an only-marginally-interesting ideologue with clearly very limited mental faculties, a gigantic hypocrite, and an obvious coward. You're the lamest troll I have EVER seen. You're here supposedly hunting a white whale, but you're pretty much just a lunatic in an inflatable raft wielding a foam pool noodle.

If the mods ban you, it will be not because you posed some kind of threat to our alleged "echo chamber", but rather because even retarded lunatics stop being funny after a while.

Last edited:

Santander02

Arcane
Is this really worth the hill to die on?

This, so Mynon wants to take the fight against white conservatives and the battle horse he chose to ride on to accomplish this thankless endeavor is...the next copy paste entry of a bland, insipid, dudebro shooter series made by one of the most uncreative and passionless game companies in the industry :roll:

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
This is all very cute. know tho that some time ago I wrote how you maintain your echo chamber - not with bans or post deletions, but thru such underhand methods like tags and mocking ratings, thus discouraging voicing of dissenting opinions.

Lol he actually cares about post ratings

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
I've seen posters getting the shitposter tag for many reasons, massive butthurt, autism, Xtreme meltdowns or just ole retardation but for defending a shit popamole game, worse, popamole from Ubi shit is the first time. The same company that is so mercenary and cynical that reused the same map from Farcry 4 into primal, the same company that claimed that PC users are filthy degenerate pirates, the same company that is pushing hard always online even on its single player games, the same company that copy paste the same creatively bankrupt garbage every year and that is pushing for the death of the single player games.

This is obviously a cynical controversy bait to keep people talking of a terrible watered down FPS game that nobody would give a single fuck otherwise.

Self-Ejected

Pariah Dog

Self-Ejected
Patron
New screenshot released.

1496228962551.jpg

Yeah, about that

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...ts-apology-for-gory-1496190312-htmlstory.html
After widespread condemnation, comedian Kathy Griffin issued an apology on social media Tuesday for a photo of herself holding a severed head in the likeness of President Trump.

"I beg for your forgiveness," Griffin says in a 30-second video posted on social media. "I went too far."

That didn't smooth things over with Trump, though, who responded to the stunt on Twitter Wednesday morning, calling it "sick!"

UPDATE: CNN fires Kathy Griffin from New Year's Eve show

Griffin's “New Year's Eve Live” co-host Anderson Cooper tweeted that he found the display "disgusting," and CNN released a statement as well, saying: "We found what she did disgusting and offensive. We are pleased to see she has apologized and asked that the photos be taken down. We are evaluating New Year’s Eve and have made no decisions at this point."

Update, May 31, 8:10 a.m.: Story added information about Trump's reaction Wednesday morning.

Oh. Oh dear. So Griffin now goes from D-List to, what... E-List? F-List?

JCDenton2.png

What a shame.

But wait, there's more.

876fa12e644f2ec7596569d2642f5e42930d2097f291f94b1c87bc7a1cd35919.jpg

Hope it was worth it, Kathy.

Last edited:

Santander02

Arcane
I've seen posters getting the shitposter tag for many reasons, massive butthurt, autism, Xtreme meltdowns or just ole retardation but for defending a shit popamole game, worse, popamole from Ubi shit is the first time. The same company that is so mercenary and cynical that reused the same map from Farcry 4 into primal, the same company that claimed that PC users are filthy degenerate pirates, the same company that is pushing hard always online even on its single player games, the same company that copy paste the same creatively bankrupt garbage every year and that is pushing for the death of the single player games.

This is obviously a cynical controversy bait to keep people talking of a terrible watered down FPS game that nobody would give a single fuck otherwise.

Also fucking this. Forget about the political leanings of the shitheads making this turd, forget about rural America, forget about about whether you are an alt-righter or a shillbot. This is a painfully obvious marketing ploy by an opportunistic, money grubbing corporation taking advantage of the current cultural climate. If you even think of supporting, promoting or buying this brain dead propagandist "fuck conservatives" bait of a game then you're a fucking tool. A tool that's being taken advantage of to continue the decline advanced by the consoletard loving game industry we all used to bitch about in full unison before this damn ideological war blew up all over the interwebz years ago. You think Ubisoft gives a flying shit about promoting your ideals and stopping the spread of right wing ideologies? Get a fucking clue Mynon you eternal 'tard!

Self-Ejected

Pariah Dog

Self-Ejected
Patron
Here's another
trump+paiting.JPG

"Let's paint a nude Chris Evans holding Trump's severed head."
"But blur out his cock, we wouldn't want to seem like we're doing this just for the shock value."
"Can we add a Watergate-era Hillary Clinton in there too, apropos of absolutely nothing?"

God, the left really has actually lost any claim it had to being artistically inclined. This is seriously such a clusterfuck of retardation that only the postmodernists could have come up with it and thought of it as anything but self-parody.

No, seriously, let's go over this absolute mess.
>dead bison with "Make America White Again" on it
The bison is a commonly recognized symbol of a lot of things - the American wilderness, mainly, but also the native Plains tribes considered to be the archetypal "Indian". Contrary to popular belief, the bison was well on its way to being in serious trouble even before the US Government put bounties on bison herds - natives had no concept of conservation (for all that talk about being one with the land), and were known to kill off entire fucking herds of bison using jumps even before firearms became prevalent amongst Plains tribes. The symbolism of this dead bison with a seldom-used "huwite nationalist" paraphrasing of Trump's campaign slogan is so confused it's hard to imagine what the fuck the artist thought they were accomplishing with it.
>Watergate-era Hillary Clinton clinging to Chris Evans' leg like some sort of waif
The ridiculousness of the very notion of one of the most unctuous and dishonest women in American politics, EVER, occupying this position in this painting cannot be understated. Also, not very properly feminist of them to put a stronk wombyn like Killary in such a position relative to a CISHET MALE.
>the sign Evans is holding
Aside from being typical leftist feely-feels bullshit, it would logically follow that the act of decapitating Trump would be tantamount to decapitating one's self or anyone else, if the artist actually takes the message on the sign seriously. Then again, these people are notorious for "un-personing" people they have decided they do not like, so this is probably just a matter of the artist communicating the usual "It's ok, guys, he's not a real human being, he's just an evil huwite supremacist Nazi fascist misogynist" drivel.
>the pedestal
"Everything" means exactly jack and shit without some sort of meaningful, understandable context (and it looks like Jack has left town).

If the left wants to know why they're probably going to eventually lose the culture war, well, let's start with their complete inability to articulate a coherent message in anything they do.

Last edited:

decaf

Learned
New screenshot released.

1496228962551.jpg

Here's another
trump+paiting.JPG
Not surprising tbqh.
What's surprising is Kathy didn't get a raise and lots of clapping.

She said she had asked the photographer to pull the images. “I beg for your forgiveness,” she continued. “I went too far. I made a mistake and I was wrong.” She did not address Mr. Trump specifically in her video.
lel

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
One is one again getting an impression how there free speech activists from the far right are actually really easy to offend and get censor-happy...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom