Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Oracsbox

I think it would be nice to aggro a creature to attack a nearby player make no effort to help and then finish off the player before he can get any reward from a hard fought battle and then obviously leave.
Don't touch the player or you will end up with the tag.

The obvious answer is to lead another creature to the fight before he was done killing the first one. And repeat as required.

Sometimes it's nice to just do the job yourself,and don't forget to teabag.
Nah. It is always better to be efficient and get to the goal in the best possible method (which in this case includes not getting a Griefer tag). You can goof off and teabag his corpse afterwards.

I need him to know I ended him to stand above him and despoil his corpse

Jesus if I didn't have to pay for this shit and install a crappy launcher I'd play 76 just for this.

Cael

Arcane

Jesus if I didn't have to pay for this shit and install a crappy launcher I'd play 76 just for this.
That is what the chat is for ;)

That is assuming he doesn't have to run back to his corpse to grab his gear, which just about every other MMO insist you do.

Oracsbox

That is assuming he doesn't have to run back to his corpse to grab his gear, which just about every other MMO insist you do.

Would it be possible to build turrets around his corpse to stop said retrieval?

Cael

Arcane

Would it be possible to build turrets around his corpse to stop said retrieval?
No idea, but if you stay away, that's what the still alive creatures are for.

Astral Rag

Arcane
fallout_76_mutation-600x427.jpg

:flamesaw:

Last edited:

Aim1ess

Novice
-We want an element of danger without griefing." When player engages you for PvP, he'll do a limited amount of damage until you engage back.
-When a player kills another player who did not engage in PvP, that player will become Wanted.
-Killing another player who does not engage in combat yields no rewards (I believe when Todd said this, he meant a cap's reward. I believe you'll still be able to take the other players Junk.
-When you die, you'll drop your Junk (crafting mats)
-Can choose to Ignore a player, which will then hide your location on the map to that person.
-Pacifist Flag mode (won't accidentally pvp)

I'm literally laughing out loud. This shit is going to be legendary on release. I have no doubt now that the designers and programmers are going insane making this game because it just gets crazier and more nonsensical as time goes on.

You can't be griefed!
But there are penalties for killing people that "did not engage in PVP"
But theres a pacifist flag mode!
But theres still danger because people do "limited" damage to "non PVP" players.
But dont worry people killing you wont get any money so why would they do it? We don't want death to be a big deal.
Also you lose craftables on death.
But you can ignore people so they cant see where you are so they wont find you.
But they can ignore you so you cant see them coming.
Dont worry its not like its a crafting game where you have a large player created base that will be easily visible, or that the ONLY HUMANS are all PCs, or that theres fast travel to shoot from area to area and get to high ground and find people! O wait I shouldn't have said that part out loud.

Just fucking preorder on Bethesda launcher where there no refunds you gullible dipshit!

:imokay:
:bounce::kfc::bounce:
We need the Micheal Jackson Popcorn gif.
giphy.gif

Aim1ess

Novice
Mark my words, Fallout 76 will be the next great thing, first was ultima online then World of Warcraft and now it will be Fallout 76.
Now I am starting to doubt your sanity. Comparing it to WoW in any way is absurd. We have NO SIGNS of a meaningful story aside from all the typical Beth fuckery.

You will see......you will see......

If I see a story that is not total shit I will admit it. I don't see that happening without NPC's. We are looking at the reason Bethesda actually bought Fallout right here. Not because they cared about the RPG side of the picture which should be obvious by now. They only needed the setting to plop down on whatever new shitty idea they think up. Fallout fans (even ones that have RAGED about Bethesda) will still buy this shit because it has Pipboy, Mutants/Ghouls, Power Armor, and the now overblown 50's retro future aesthetic. If more people here and at NMA voted with their wallets instead of buying this crap, we might actually be worth paying attention to. Problem is too many are hypocrites. I will shame those who cry about THE DECLINE and buy this game. Be warned.

I mean, what percentage of the 13 or 14 million Fallout 4 purchasers do you think are on these 2 forums of a couple thousand people? I guess I don't know the real numbers for these sites user bases but its not even a drop in the bucket, its like a couple molecules.

Big Wrangle

Keep in mind that Fallout 4 sold even more compared to the last ones. It's not a matter of people not voting where their mouth is (though, there are many cases like that), and more like new people flooding the oldfags. You get buried either way.

FeelTheRads

Arcane

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Keep in mind that Fallout 4 sold even more compared to the last ones. It's not a matter of people not voting where their mouth is (though, there are many cases like that), and more like new people flooding the oldfags. You get buried either way.

I think the massive amounts of people that bought Skyrim here (with their various justifications for doing so) speaks to the "putting your money where your mouth is" message and is quite valid. I stopped buying Elder Scrolls games at Skyrim. I couldn't buy it. I gave them a rental to see how much fun I could manage since everyone I knew kept blabbing about it. 20 hours was about it.

When the only forums on the internet that really stand against "Decline" end up all buying the game only to bitch and moan incessantly about it? Something is wrong there. Yes, we have tons of under 23 year old edgelords that are fresh off the tit, stumbled upon the coolest place on the internet, and now they make up more of the population than the older members. That being said I see oldfags jumping in on these nostalgia grabs too often now. There are over 250,000 members in the forums I am talking about combined. It's something at least. Granted half of them are dead or duplicate accounts. Haha.

Risewild

Arbiter
Uh..wat , the perk gained are random? :lol:
Of course, then you can randomly, maybe make the character you want.
If you got all the perks you wanted when leveling up, then you would get bored fast. Now you have to level up over and over to get the perks you want, so you won't be bored.
:hahano:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Of course, then you can randomly maybe make the character you want.
If you got all the perks you wanted when leveling up, then you would get bored fast. Now you have to level up over and over to get the perks you want, so you won't be bored.
:hahano:

That is actually the hidden rational behind the thing: KEEP BUYING MAGIC THE GATHERING CARDS UNTIL YOU GET THE ONE YOU LIKE!

Except: WE WON'T CHARGE FOR THE CARDS! ONLY ALL THE DUMB SHIT YOU HAVE TO BUY TO KEEP ENTERTAINED LIKE DESTINY EMOTES AND A NIFTY HAT!

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Not realy, every level you get a SPECIAL point and a perk unlocks where you put the special point...... but once every 5 levels you get a bonus perk pack with a few 'extra' perk cards.

Squid

Arbiter
This shouldn't even be in MMORPGs lmao. It should be in general gaming or some shit. It's an online shooter game playground with RPG-esque influences. Bethesda/Zenimax is the new upcoming EA/Ubisoft/Activision. Don't expect their games to be anything unlike the others in the ways of accessibility, easier to understand, easy to pick up and play, easy to monetize beyond the initial purchase (not even talking season passes), more about feeling special without the game ever really caring to make it mean something (power fantasy done wrong), and ALL THE PROCEDURAL FETCH QUESTS. Also, throw in a lot of illusion of choice that big games get praised for from time to time. Because illusion of choice is so great when the game wants to make you feel like it was a choice either way. Could be done so much better if the game's themes/dilemmas reinforced illusion of choice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom