Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Fallout 4 Far Harbor DLC contains quest stolen from Codexer-developed New Vegas mod

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Alright, so it does in fact seem like even in an European court Zenimax would prove successful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idea–expression_divide

The European Union Software Directive, Article 1.2, for example, expressly excludes from copyright ideas and principles that underlie any element of a computer program, including those that underlie its interfaces.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Well, look at that, the shill is a law expert too.

I'd expect if someone was to copy paste a Bethesda plot and just change some things here and there then they'd totally be fine with it and they wouldn't instantly send their hounds on them and you'd also shill like a moron for those people as well.

Also:

fanboy.png

Severian Silk

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Alright, so it does in fact seem like even in an European court Zenimax would prove successful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idea–expression_divide

The European Union Software Directive, Article 1.2, for example, expressly excludes from copyright ideas and principles that underlie any element of a computer program, including those that underlie its interfaces.
So they could rip off GTA5 if they wanted to?

Yes:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
It's funny how the shilling went from "lol they dindu nuffin" to "they can do whateva' they want with the mods" to "haha the law is on their side".

Yeah, they certainly didn't steal anything, even the shills are hanging on the laws now.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't know if I should laugh or get angry with those Bethesda retards anymore :lol: Their fanboys too. Why aren't they prosperized?

This is absolutely outrageous plagiarism. I will take it as my moral obligation to promote the boycott, piracy and ridicule of Bethesda games, not that I haven't been doing it so far.

Thankfully, I have an NV installation with Codex-recommended mods set up and will get to play AL at some point. Apparently Chateaubryan has done outstanding work, so it was noticed by some drone at Bethesda.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
A case for Ryan if ever I saw one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom