Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3 was better than Fallout 4

M0RBUS

Augur
Fallout 4 has one choice in the main quest, from what I hear. That makes it better than the irredeemably bad Fallout 3 in my book. Not that I'll play it, mind you, but just my 2c.

Achilles

Arcane
Just wait until Bethesda "pays homage" to a few more mods, then you'll see how good Fallout 4 can be.

Modron

Arcane
Just wait until Bethesda "pays homage" to a few more mods, then you'll see how good Fallout 4 can be.
Haven't they already thrown in the towel? I mean the next DLC is the last one even if every single quest line was lifted from mods they couldn't throw that much at what will probably be a 4-8 hour dlc at most.

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
You could roleplay in 3?

NcF0Uov.jpg

This is why we should keep the prosper rating

Achilles

Arcane
Haven't they already thrown in the towel? I mean the next DLC is the last one even if every single quest line was lifted from mods they couldn't throw that much at what will probably be a 4-8 hour dlc at most.

I honestly don't know, I didn't buy Fallout 4 and I don't think I ever will. It sounds like it's worse than even Fallout 3, never mind New Vegas.

FFJamie94

Novice
I'm going to include the overall package when comparing both games and will say Fallout 3 was the better game.
At least from the standpoint of the overall experience.
Yeah, the story was crap, the characters were uninteresting and the side content was a bit useless (outside of a few quests like the one where you enslave people, the one with the android and the one where you shoot the heads off people) but at least the game worked fairly well as an exploration RPG.
I mean, there were skills, you had perks, levelling up felt somewhat rewarding, the Vaults were somewhat interesting and some of the other Locations were also pretty good.
Simply put, the game needed more work done to it to really be a good game.
Lets look at the DLC, I think it's safe to assume that at least one DLC is very good (Point Lookout) while The Pitt was also decent.
I can safely say that at least 2/5 DLCs was acceptable (while Broken Steel carried on past the ending and Operation Anchorage is passable).

The game is just kind of decent.

Fallout 4 on the other hand, feels really bland.
Role-Playing has completely gone, the characters feel even more uninteresting (some of the Companions are an improvement through), the designs look ugly, the dialogue wheel is so cancerous, it gave our son cancer.
The game is just such a weird thing.
The Locations aren't as interesting as even F3 (and for the record, while I like some of the Locations in F3, they are still below games like F1 &2).
The main story, while it had more potential, was just a rehash of F3's first act with a bit of New Vegas thrown in for good measure.
And then we get onto the DLC, I actually despise the DLC in F4.
For one thing, the Settlement mode doesn't work as it should, it's a broken mess.
You know what sucks, having to build fucking settlements from the ground-up in first person.
You know a game which does the building mechanics better? The Sims.
Why? Because the Sims is fucking isometric. Something which Bethesda would hate to do because it'll remind people of a good game.

So yes, Fallout 3 is better than Fallout 4. The only good things about F4 are the combat, and how weighty the PA feels. That's it.
And even then, they got help from ID Software on how to do Combat properly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom