Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Expeditions: Viking Release Thread

Discussion in 'Expeditions' started by Infinitron, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Jrpgfan Learned

Jrpgfan
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Dual wield is op aswell. I maxed gunnar's dual wield and a strategy I use on "tougher" fights is put him between two enemies, use berserk potion and then use the one-two skill. It usually 1-shots two guys at once(once I put him on flanked position and he decapitated both guys, was pretty cool).

Sword has the execution skill which guarantees a kill if hit which is pretty good.

^ Top  
  2. Jimmious Magister

Jimmious
    Parrots:
    Getting continuous crashes while trying to load my game now....

I'm that "temple" area.

^ Top  
  3. Jrpgfan Learned

Jrpgfan
    Parrots:
    On Nortumbria capital? Happened to me aswell inside the church. Had to load a previous save.

^ Top  
  4. Jimmious Magister

Jimmious
    Parrots:
    I don't think it's this area, it's this tomb place where Eydin or what's her name said we can find stuff.
    Fucking hell, Battle Brothers spoiled me. I forgot how it is to get a "normal" game at release...

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Jimmious Magister

Jimmious
    Parrots:
    Here's the last stack trace if any devs are interested:
    Show Spoiler

*After 4-5 times every loading crashed, restarting the computer fixed the issue. Seems like some kind of weird memory leak? Can't really say

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    ^ Top  
  6. Jrpgfan Learned

Jrpgfan
    Parrots:
    Didn't experience any issue there other than getting stuck before battle started after killing the farmers at the tomb's exit.

Couldn't leave church in Nortumbria capital though without game crashing. I hope devs are aware of that and will fix it.

^ Top  
  7. Make America Great Again Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    If I bought this with some serious discount I wouldn't mind so much, but the main issue I have with the game is that I payed full price to beta test. So tired of that shit, even gave the game a not recommended review on Steam because of it. Makes me bitter as fuck. I do see potential in the game though.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Jimmious Magister

Jimmious
    Parrots:
    Yeah exactly. Full of bugs at the moment. Just now the game froze as all the party went into "cover" without being in battle. Just like that.
    Reminds me a lot of Wasteland 2 to be honest, the amount of bugs on release and the graphic style too

*And again now I can't load as the game crashes on load. It's getting pretty damn annoying to be honest. :mad:

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Jrpgfan Learned

Jrpgfan
    Parrots:
    I bought the deluxe edition, if that makes you feel better about yourself.

• Despair Despair x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Make America Great Again Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Parrots:
    A little hehe.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Urbanolo Learned

Urbanolo
    Parrots:
    Eh I still like it (a lot actually), but the bugs really run rampant. I'll wait for 1.02 patch till I continue with the game.

Is there any rule wether my team or enemy team starts first? My PC usually just gets raped by enemy archers, since I've made him a glass cannon archer and he starts at the front.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Jrpgfan Learned

Jrpgfan
    Parrots:
    I don't think there's an initiative roll. It's most likely scripted and/or random(in random encounters).

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Belegarsson Learned

Belegarsson
    Parrots:
    Bow is great but in late game where you encounter a lot of enemies with shield, it can be a pain in the ass since those cunts block EVERYTHING from your archers. So make sure to always have two axe wielders so they're always ready to pull shields away and let your archers clean up.

^ Top  
  14. Jimmious Magister

Jimmious
    Parrots:
    You must be a very patient man to reach the late game with the game in this condition... I will wait for some patches, I'm too old for this shit

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Quillon Learned

Quillon
    Parrots:
    Is there more than one solution to "Kill the Rats" quest?

Show Spoiler
    Seems like I'll have to kill da children to resolve it...

• incline incline x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. oasis789 Arcane

oasis789
    Parrots:
    Show Spoiler

You can move them to the intro farm, provided you either killed or exiled them.

^ Top  
  17. Quillon Learned

Quillon
    Parrots:
    Show Spoiler
    Should have but didn't kill or exile them...

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Starwars Arcane

Starwars
    Parrots:
    Meanwhile, people on the STEAM forum are going fucking crazy over the time limit...

:negative:

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. Make America Great Again Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Jimmious Magister

Jimmious
    Parrots:
    Yup that is me after the 5th fucking crash :P

^ Top  
  21. Jinn Augur

Jinn
    Parrots:
    By doing this you're possibly limiting this developer's ability to be able to one day release their games without bugs. Do you think they wanted to release in this state, or were being lazy? No. They did it because they were working off the money they made from Expeditions: Conquistador and they must have had to release in this state in order to stay afloat. I understand it's frustrating dealing with bugs, but why not try to be a little more patient and support these guys. There's obviously a lot of potential in this team, but we'll never get to see it if people dump on them over this buggy release.

^ Top  
  22. Quillon Learned

Quillon
    Parrots:
    Found another way...

Show Spoiler
    Non-lethal mode made it so I beat them instead of killing them. Quest resolved, no reputation loss, good game :P

• incline incline x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Fired it up finally, put in a couple hours but still in the 'sidequests to ready the ship' mode, no bugs. I suppose they will come and hit me when I am least expecting?

I suspect the RPGification will just mean increased busywork without necessarily improving the game, but the experience itself is fun enough so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Make America Great Again Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Parrots:
    I understand, but you see gaming is not a charity. They are selling a product which I'm paying money for and at this moment it is a sub-par product mostly because of bugs. I could have bought something else from another indie-dev for that money, so this to me is wasted money and time. Supporting the little guys are always good I guess, but I'm tired of this being used as a shield from criticism. They fucked up, and they know it. Maybe the game will become great in the future, but at this moment it just makes me bitter and it is absolutely not worth full price.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Jinn Augur

Jinn
    Parrots:
    So far the RPGification has made the game more enjoyable to me than Conquistador, mainly due to npc interaction, sidequests, and exploration. I know a lot of people have been complaining about looting, but I haven't really seen the problem in it myself. Also, you don't need to loot every single thing to get by, so most of the people who dislike searching for loot have mainly subjected themselves to their own annoyances.

Again, I get the frustration. I guess it just bothers me less than a lot of people to wait for a couple of patches. PC games have always been buggy, particularly in the past, and back then you had to wait longer for patches to come out. It's just something I've come to accept on this platform. Mainly, seeing a potentially excellent game like this trashed by steam-tard reactionaries is just annoying to see. That rating is really important to a smaller release like this. Also, I haven't experienced any standout bugs yet myself, so that may be augmenting my perspective here too.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)