Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Expeditions: Conquistador Released

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Next up -- Expeditions: Rourke's Drift.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Since the game will have multiple campaigns, they should add one on the portuguese Bandeirantes raping Brazil, that would be really cool.

DeepOcean

Arcane
One thing you can say about the Bandeirantes is that they weren't colossal faggots like the spanish and english, they didn't had any objection in fucking native pussies.:lol:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
And the stories are cool... Bartolomeu Bueno da Silva was a Bandeirante that made fame for intimidating natives with fire; he took a bowl of alchool and set it on fire, saying it was water, and that he would set all the rivers on fire if they didn't help him find gold. When he died, his son took over his name, and the natives believe he was a immortal devil of fire and name him "Anhanguera" (The Old Devil).

Not a Banderiante proper, but his story is pretty cool too. Sounds like he had a bit of a codexian personality as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percy_Fawcett

Lt. Colonel Percival Harrison Fawcett (18 August 1867 – in or after 1925) was a British artillery officer, archaeologist and South American explorer. Along with his eldest son, Fawcett disappeared under unknown circumstances in 1925 during an expedition to find "Z" – his name for an ancient lost city, which he (in all likelihood, accurately) believed to be El Dorado, in the uncharted jungles of Brazil. John Hemming, the Canadian explorer and historian of the Brazilian Indians, declared Fawcett a “Nietzschean explorer” spouting “eugenic gibberish”, although the writer David Grann also believes that Fawcett exhibited enlightened traits.

Arkadin

Arcane
Not a Banderiante proper, but his story is pretty cool too. Sounds like he had a bit of a codexian personality as well.

Awesome story. I enjoy this guy, too....We need a New Mexico campaign:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estevanico

More detail at the NM Historical society

Estevanico (c. 1500–1539), born in Morocco, was the first known person born in Africa to have arrived in the present-day continental United States. He is known by many different names, common are Esteban de Dorantes, Estebanico and Esteban the Moor. Enslaved as a youth by the Portuguese, he was sold to a Spanish nobleman and taken in 1527 on the Spanish Narváez expedition. He was one of four survivors among the 600 men who started, and traveled for eight years with Álvar Núñez Cabeza de Vaca, Andrés Dorantes de Carranza, and Alonso del Castillo Maldonado across northern New Spain (present-day U.S. Southwest and northern Mexico), before they reached Spanish forces in Mexico City in 1536.

Later Estevanico served as the main guide for a return expedition to the Southwest, where he was killed in the Zuni city of Hawikuh in 1539.

A domesticated negro who gets cocky and is killed by the injuns when demanding wealth and women. Truly an inspiration for the ages :salute:

Then, BitComposer was actually just a distributor? The name reminded me how JA: BiA ended up that I refrained myself from joining JA Kickstarter.

As for the game itself, I'd wait till some bugs are cleared. I don't have time for gaming atm, anyway. I'm not a pre-order/day one purchase person after all.

Disgruntled

Savant
The premise is interesting. However Ive already spent too many shekels this month and cant splurge $18 on a whim.
How many hours does it last for an average run-through?
Is there enough re-playability to warrant more than a couple after?

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
I'd say a run through can last between 25-40 hours depending on how much you explore.

Also, just want to clear up that the AI does in fact use the exact same ruleset as the player.

Eyeball

Arcane
Just out of interest: Have you chaps found it to be equally plausible playing a peaceful diplohippie or a more traditional "murder the redskins!" conquistador? The game seems to want to direct you towards diplohippiedom, even giving you a native guide and all to begin with.

As for the game: excellent idea, not too keen on the micromanagement involving that many party members or the camping screen. Random events and encounters during camping are neat, though. All in all, not too excited about the game. I seem to get lost doing pointless sidetrackery a lot of the time, the World is somewhat bland and samey jungle vista and the combat reminds me too much of King's Bounty, a game I hated for not being HOMM.

Dunno, just can't get that worked up about this game, try as I might.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
I played this a bit, quite fun. The performance is however pretty laughable - almost left feeling like you're playing a flash game. The combat is difficult but rewarding, but I'm having trouble with healing - so my next party composition will be better. Speaking of, is there no way to heal at a settlement?

Just out of interest: Have you chaps found it to be equally plausible playing a peaceful diplohippie or a more traditional "murder the redskins!" conquistador? The game seems to want to direct you towards diplohippiedom, even giving you a native guide and all to begin with.
What are you talking about? Combat is unavoidable.

Eyeball

Arcane
Well you DO tend to get the choice between "massacre the pagans!" or "respect their customs and kiss their babies" when you run into a camp of injuns. Just doesn't seem to be worth the effort if you opt to kill and loot their shitty grass huts.

But what do I know, I played it like an hour or so.

Disgruntled

Savant
Well, I folded and bought the thing. 25-40 hours of incline sounds good for such a small studio.
If it sucks I blame the codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom