Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Expeditions: Conquistador Receives Free Content Update

Discussion in 'RPG Codex News & Content Comments' started by Crooked Bee, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Crooked Bee Nyadmin

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2014 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Tags: Expeditions: Conquistador; Logic Artists

Logic Artists' strategy RPG Expeditions: Conquistador, which we reviewed on its release, has received a free content patch intended to provide a bunch of gameplay, graphics, and usability improvements. I'll quote the ones related to actual game content:

But we promised actual content, didn’t we? Well, you’ll be excited to hear that we’ve added 14 new events: three new Guard Failure events (each of which involves a new battle), two Tinkering events, one new Patrol event (with another new battle!), one new Treatment event, two new Travel events, and five new personal camping events for certain followers that didn’t have any.

There’s a bunch of other little tweaks and additions that you can find in the full changelog, but the last important thing to mention is that Mexico is now substantially harder. If you want the true Conquistador experience, you’ll still have to dial the difficulty up to Aguirre, but all difficulty settings now have much improved balance in Mexico:
    • You’ll routinely come up against enemy groups that match your troops in rank and equipment.
    • Certain fights are now on a turn timer.
    • Food from hunting no longer scales with your party size (such that the more followers you have, the harder it gets to feed them all).
    • There’s less meat and herbs in Mexico in general.
    • All critical hits break your equipment.
    • All enemies now get random passive abilities corresponding to their rank.
    • Construction costs for items have been massively increased.
    • There is now a limit to how many items of each type you can bring into a battle based on your Tactics skill.
    The update is already available on Steam and awaiting approval on Desura. GOG and GamersGate will follow in a few days, they need time to build their own update installers. We hope you’ll enjoy all this new stuff and convenient improvements, and we hope you’ll now find Mexico is the challenge that it was always meant to be. Don’t be afraid to turn up the difficulty if you find yourself steamrolling through! And please do swing by our forums (yes you have to register to comment) and let us know what you think of the update, and above all – have fun.​

The full announcement and the changelog are available here.
    Grunker, almondblight, evdk and 3 others Brofist this.
    ^ Top  
  2. Infinitron RPG Codex Staff Patron

Infinitron
    Codex 2012 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Didn't they use to call these "patches"? :cool:
    Frian Bargo Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  3. Disgruntled Learned

Disgruntled
    I like the sound of that. Mexico was fairly easy even on insane, this should make it a real slog of survival.

A bit miffed that im at a delay cause i bought the drm free gog version. What happened to on-site patch downloads?
    Suppose i wont be up for a full replay for a while so i can wait.
    ^ Top  
  4. Bulba Learned

Bulba

So what's the point of buying/not selling all/most of your equipment now? It's so sad to see yet another game go down the drain due to level scaling
    ^ Top  
  5. himmy Arbiter

himmy

Well, there is also every other encounter except for these ones to keep in mind so, you know, swings and roundabouts.
    ^ Top  
  6. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    While I like the new content, the difficulty changes sound a bit artificial, and still don't address the same-y feel of the battles...
    ^ Top  
  7. Jonas Developer

Jonas
    Hahah you misunderstand - they don't match your rank and equipment as in literally check what ranks and equipment you have and then scale up - they match (as in, are balanced to be challenging against) what we expect that you should have at that point. The problem was sergeants and lieutenants were kind of a rarity in the original version, and natives usually had kinda poor equipment. We've just increased everything. It's not dynamic.
    ^ Top  
  8. Al3xand3r Novice

Al3xand3r
    You must have only read the bullet points.
    ^ Top  
  9. EG Nullified

EG
    I suppose I should have waited a while before playing the game, then.
    DramaticPopcorn Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  10. oasis789 Liturgist

oasis789
    That's called "replayability"
    ^ Top  
  11. villain of the story Unwanted

Unwanted
    MCA
    I wish GOG gave us the option of installing the games through their installer wrapper or just getting the original game files or disc images. That's one thing that pisses me off about GOG. With some games, it feels like I agree to get cheap game rips in return of no DRM.
    ^ Top  
  12. EG Nullified

EG
    What is Something Expeditions: Conquistador lacks?
    ^ Top  
  13. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    FYI this is now 50% off for the next 10 or so days during the Steam Summer Sale.
    ^ Top  
  14. SCO Arcane

SCO
    I don't get it, don't GoG updated their installer so people don't have to install dumb 'patches' if they happened to download after the patch came out, or is it just for the previous versions?
    ^ Top  
  15. Petrell Educated

Petrell
    It varies. Sometimes they provide patch without updating the installer, sometimes they just update the installer and sometimes they give patch and updated installer. Obviously patch is better than having to download several gigabyte installer (and having to reinstall the game) especially for people who have download limits.
    ^ Top  
  16. SCO Arcane

SCO
    I don't really think it's better. Minimize future mental hassle could be my motto.
    ^ Top  
  17. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Now up for a community vote that would make it FIVE DORRAH on Steam. It won't win but hopefully it'll be flash or daily.
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)