Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Expeditions: Conquistador Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Expeditions' started by Jaedar, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Avonaeon Logic Artists Developer

Avonaeon
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    We're returning to the expeditions series after Clandestine.

• Brofist Brofist x 32
    ^ Top  
  2. Make America Great Again Jack Dandy Arcane

Jack Dandy
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Now that's what I wanted to hear. :D

But- of course; Best of luck with Clandestine as well! I'll keep a close watch on it, even if it's not exactly up my alley.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Sviskon Barely Literate

Sviskon
    Parrots:
    Is there a way to disarm traps?

^ Top  
  4. AstroZombie Magister

AstroZombie
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    Parrots:
    ^ Top  
  6. AwesomeDude Educated

AwesomeDude
    Parrots:
    So the guys behind The Nameless Mod made finally a game instead of crappy self-insert fanfic mod? Awesome.

^ Top  
  7. cherry blossom Prophet

cherry blossom
    Parrots:
    Yee-fucking-haw!

And hopefully this time with mod support. E:C would benefit so much from modding.

And a properly functioning travel map with clear outlines for terrain and objects + a FoW, please! The UFO beams, garble of 3D soup obstructing everything and the view distance dependence on pan distance sucked all the enjoyment out of navigating the travel map.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. jagged-jimmy Prophet

jagged-jimmy
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012
    That's good news indeed. Please optimize a bit this time though. All the glowing shit on screen made CPU go crazy. This should not be the case in such a game.
    Otherwise, camera was a bit annoying, yes - but i can live with that. I'd prefer more class skills and options in combat.

^ Top  
  9. Make America Great Again Whisky The Solution

Whisky
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Awesome. I don't suppose you could give us any speculation about the setting, if planned yet? Still South America?

^ Top  
  10. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    Parrots:
    Vikings or bust

^ Top  
  11. cherry blossom Prophet

cherry blossom
    Parrots:
    ^ Top  
  12. SCO Arcane In My Safe Space

SCO
    Parrots:
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Migration age germanic tribes. Fuck up rome.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Avonaeon Logic Artists Developer

Avonaeon
    Parrots:
    We'll be releasing the event editor for Conquistador very soon, which should make modding a lot easier.

We'll definitely be redoing the way the camera works when it comes to that, hopefully making it a lot less frustrating. As far as optimization goes, I hear you; We've definitely learned a lot during, and since its release. Both in terms of optimization, as well as the ins and out of the Unity engine.

We'll probably do something different than South America. I mean, I know what it's gonna be, but it's much more fun to keep you all guessing until we announce it :P

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  14. Make America Great Again Whisky The Solution

Whisky
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Awesome, I always thought the concept could be transferred to different locations well.

So, rampant speculation begins now. North America? I suppose the real question would be if it's in the same general time period or not.

^ Top  
  15. almondblight Arcane

almondblight
    Parrots:
    I remember you mentioning 19th century Africa at one point.

And I have to agree with the comment earlier in the thread that the mobile map looks much nicer. 2D exploration would be great.

^ Top  
  16. Cosmic Misogynerd Self-Ejected Patron

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    Codex 2013 Divinity: Original Sin
    In before another stupid deal with shitComposer to have region-blocked Steam release.

^ Top  
  17. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    Parrots:
    I would love to see 16th century to 17th century Africa and watch the butthurt when the undomesticated snowmen discover that african tribes made slaves of other african tribes and sold most of them for profit to the whites and muslim and there was more slaves in Africa and Middle East than in the west.

^ Top  
  18. Cassidy Arcane

Cassidy
    Parrots:
    Avonaeon

Expeditions: Vinland . The very first proven European explorations in the New World by Vikings is probably among the least explored settings ever in every possible media. Plus the Viking theme is naturally attractive.

Historically the natives won in that one and the colony established by Leif Ericson was either wiped out, abandoned or both, so it would be a very interesting premise to try changing that, specially if it also allowed for the "Capitán" to be a Norse pagan and try to resist the influence of Christianity.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  19. Sensuki Arcane Cuck

Sensuki
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Haha someone posted the Portuguese invading Brazil and then all the pictures of the mass orgies way earlier in the thread, that was a hilarious idea.

^ Top  
  20. Kaldurenik Cipher Patron

Kaldurenik
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Well i do hope that you dont end up leaving the game so rushed in certain parts.

For example the character interaction with each other at first it felt like there was going to be alot of talk among the members of your expedition. However as time passed there was less and less talk among eachother and some characters even feel like they have no events what so ever.

Maybe less characters and make each one of them better? I dont know.

Anyway i enjoyed the game anyway.

^ Top  
  21. Make America Great Again Jack Dandy Arcane

Jack Dandy
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I hope they can just bypass ShitComposer altogether, and self-publish it on Steam. And if Valve wants to be fucking stupid dicks (which is sadly a very likely scenario), they should just put it on Greenlight.
    Games have an easier time going through it nowdays, and ExCon already got itself a nice little fanbase to spread the word around.

Anyway, I just want the game to have more of everything the original had- More enemy types, more combatant customization, more character\follower events and dialogue (seconding what Kaldurenik said), more everything! And yeah, a better world map would be nice. Maybe just make it 2D or something if Unity's a bitch.

And also ffs make a slideshow-based ending this time around. With all these events\places\people you had effected in-game, it was disappointing to have a relatively "set-in-stone" ending.

^ Top  
  22. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Parrots:
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    It's gonna be Expeditions: Alpha Centauri.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Vulcris Novice

Vulcris
    Parrots:
    Expeditions : Pirates with naval battles and sea monsters as bosses :oops:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. cherry blossom Prophet

cherry blossom
    Parrots:
    Whatever the setting, I would like some base building ability with lasting tactical value.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)