Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europareich 2057 - A Cyberpunk CYOA

Erebus

Arcane
B

The area should be fairly safe, so it's a good place to train our young recruits. Of course, it's possible that Gotenhafen knows of some hidden danger there. But then, it'll be interesting to learn about it.

Baltika9

Arcane
A. The rookies must be spoilin' for a fight. Besides, they'll listen better after they get a couple knifings/bullet holes in 'em.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
True, true.
When the squad goes shooting, what bonus does it give? A permanent bonus to a firearms skill, a bonus with that weapon, or a temporary one that's gone after a week?
Also, does shooting together raise unit cohesion somehow?

Cassidy

Arcane
A

And lead on front rather than behind the team. Considering the main character skills, showing the recruits how to kick ass, if necessary, no matter if they can't be of much help themselves, will not only provide for a greater experience, but also be more fun and allow for greater opportunities at PROMOTIONS.

Also I wonder if there will be a Hamster cameo

:M

laclongquan

Arcane
For a green squad, nothing like a little live fire to get blooded painlessly. So stay out of the toughest spot: it sound just like an ambush waiting to massacre your command.
The easiest patrol also smells of trap: the too eager attitude of the officer is suspect. I fear there might be a civilian riot over there and our green squad WILL massacre them. I aint getting in that trap, for sure.
Saspeen, the second toughest spot, sound just like what doctor orders.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Hellraiser

Arcane
“We’re not sure what they’re saying yet. All that we do know for now is that this is coming from a new previously unheard of organization, they are calling themselves the Shaheen Brigades of France.”

The word that you probably meant was shaheed, not shaheen. Shaheed is the Arabic word for "martyr", which would make much more sense.

I actually know that, however that was intentional as you can see in this topic's title and opening post.

Hellraiser

Arcane
True, true.
When the squad goes shooting, what bonus does it give? A permanent bonus to a firearms skill, a bonus with that weapon, or a temporary one that's gone after a week?
Also, does shooting together raise unit cohesion somehow?

While I don't want to give out any metagamey stuff I can tell you that both the squad as a whole and its individual members do have stats describing their combat-effectiveness and not only. These can be improved or decreased depending on how you handle certain situations. So squad stat gains are permanent until you choose to do something that decreases them.

As for weapons, the squad is equipped with standard armor (apart from you and the unteroffizier, NCOs get the 2.0 version) and standard assault rifles plus knives (everybody). Since the squad is essentially full of rookies and heavy weapons along with explosives have a priority to go to the front-line in Russia or France first, you will will have to earn gear upgrades via your actions or smooth-talking.

Every choice has a consequence, regardless if it is a stat gain/loss or something entirely not quantifiable.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
D Soldier who can't shoot is not Soldier. @Hellreiser should give us some update on legal status, how close EuroReich is to III Reich as right of those pesky Polonishe Untermenshen Civilians go? Are we Police, Military or some kind of Feld Gandarmerie abtailung? Do we have jurisdiction over megacorps staff too?

oscar

Arcane
How can you hope to send our übermenschen into battle without the obligatory

scene?

Hellraiser

Arcane
D Soldier who can't shoot is not Soldier. @Hellreiser should give us some update on legal status, how close EuroReich is to III Reich as right of those pesky Polonishe Untermenshen Civilians go? Are we Police, Military or some kind of Feld Gandarmerie abtailung? Do we have jurisdiction over megacorps staff too?

The legal status of the TSZ is simple, it was potato territory but due to its strategic significance (minor energy resources, major port near the combat area) it is under special Europareich administration. The potato government was persuaded to cede it under Europareich control until whenever the situation becomes more stable, it was in no shape to maintain order and security (more on that in the next poor photoshop of a BT website). That was 11 years prior to current events.

Your job is to keep the peace until different orders are given (you may or may not get sent to the front or ITZ may strike here), regular police forces still tracks petty crimes but anything concerning the war effort is the job of the army. Which means pretty much anything dealing with corporations, energy resources, port operations, military operations, refugees and illegal paramilitary organizations. As an officer you have the right to detain or question any civilian as long as it is related to a case that falls under the previously mentioned areas. Pestering corp employees can have consequences depending on their position and employer, but legally you can do if it concerns a case you have been assigned to by your superiors.

Esquilax

Arcane
C - let's blood them a bit.

See, I don't understand this logic. It's sort of like trying to teach someone boxing by immediately throwing them into the ring instead of showing them proper technique first. What's the point of throwing punches at a moving person who hits back if you don't even know how to hit a heavy bag? Likewise, if they can't even hit a target in practice, what hope do they have in a high-stress combat situation? If they're inaccurate now, they're going to be fucking hopeless once they're getting shot at.

This is pretty much the state that our recruits are in right now; they don't even know how to punch, so we're not even at the point where we should consider throwing them into the ring to spar. If you don't have that foundation of skills as a basis for experience, you are just going to get your ass kicked. We need to build that foundation first, while the situation here is still relatively calm.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
All the training in the world won't prepare them for their first combat confrontation, they've already presumably had basic training and this sector isn't nearly as violent as most of the others. It's better that we know which of our men are liabilities now instead of finding out when the shit really hits the fan. I don't think we'll encounter anything we can't handle with C.

laclongquan

Arcane
You see, C is for a hotspot but not a battlefield. It's potentially has action of the low intensity, so your green squad get blooded, but not dead. Low chance of heavy injuries, even. Nothing beat a real action like that, not even training.

Heibuden is asking for trouble. IT's nearly guaranteed you will get a firefight when you get past, if you are very lucky, only harrassment fight (potshot-then-run). But the way luck rolls, more than likely an ambush aimed at this green squad is in the card, turning into a major firefight.

Monty

Arcane
D

Then probably B, if we get the same choices. Sometimes the less obvious choices are more interesting and it's clear that Gotenhafen has some reason for not going into what sounds like a less dangerous area.

Hellraiser

Arcane
MAP OF THE TRI-STADT SPEZIAL ZONE*
*click on the damn thing to make it go full-size

neon_tri_city_map_by_maximilianajax-d5hztfz.png

Red - town/city borders
Orange - sea coast or district borders
Blue - the Vistula river

Due to its size I had to register on deviant art, bleh I think I'm gonna puke. At least it should incline that place considering all the fucking pony "art" there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom