Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

flyingjohn

Arcane
I really don't like the new exclusive focus on Zelda improvements.
Yes it does give them a big chunk of patreon money and it is a popular game,but at the cost of every other game.
Zelda will probably take a year of exclusive fixes to actually get fully playable(by playable i mean finish able) and by that time most people will get annoyed and the money will slow down.
As for everybody else,they will get bored of the same breath of the wild YouTube videos on every new cemu version.
Also forget about any actual performance fixes(not hacks) considering the average Joe is gonna complain how he can't finish the game.
It would be nice if they actually fix Hyrule warrior or Tokyo mirage considering they are semi popular games and they just don't work on cemu.(too much graphical glitches)

So is it playable now?
It's playable but there are still some very serious issues. I can't get past 20fps for some reason even though the realtime cutscenes and shrines run at 30, there's like a weird vsync timing/lock going on. The caching issue is especially egregious in BotW since it's an open world game (you're constantly streaming new stuff in, so shaders are compiled on the fly all the time and the framerate tanks to single digits) - if you use precompiled shader caches, your RAM usage jumps to 30Gb+. Most of the egregious broken stuff seems to have been fixed (Link no longer sinks through the floor, water is properly implemented, shrines and powers work - maybe not all but most that I've seen), etc.

It's a good enough taste that it made me want to buy the actual Switch, but I can't find it anywhere for non-ripoff prices.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Big improvements considering previously half the effects were missing and the visuals were all glitched out. But these video makers never indicate the overclock (5930k surely can't be at stock) and whether all 6 cores are being utilized...

That aside, he's using the interpreter which by its very nature insert a tonne of branches into the CPU instruction stream - which is really bad for performance.
That is assuming the CPU is the bottleneck, and not how the GPU is utilised.
I'd be more interested in seeing how it runs with the JIT.

tet666

Augur
Btw Mudlord cracked cemu again 1.7.4c is on his blog if anyone want's it.

For anyone who can't reach fullspeed In BoTW all the time try this
https://www.reddit.com/r/cemu/comments/63fk2d/psa_do_not_use_2x_speedhack_15fps/?sort=new
It will say 10 fps in cemu but will actually run at 30 fps (or close to it/original speed whatever it is) from what i can see, plays pretty smooth.
Don't forget the updated Graphic packs:
https://github.com/slashiee/cemu_graphic_packs
i use "BreathOfTheWild_2160p" + "BreathOfTheWild_AARemoval" + "BreathOfTheWild_HighResShadows" like in the guide above.

Last edited:

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS MEDNAFFEN EMULTATES SATURN NOWA!!!!1

PRETTY AWESOME SINCE FUCKING DAEMONTOOLS UPDATED AND FUCKED UP THERI COMMAND LINE INTERFACE WHICH FUCKED MY SSF SETUP

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
It's neato how auld games used the hardware limitations to work on their favor. Emulate some shitty TV signal and achieve correct colors,gradient and transparency, whoa!

Was playing SoR II but I remembered sanic also makes nuts use of dithering on the waterfalls. Check out the comparisonz:

http://www.screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/206839
http://www.screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/206841
http://www.screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/206843

Also check the coin stacks on the background tables in the second comparison.

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
HALP: started playing Killer 7 at 1 AM last night. it was great. until this morning when upon pressing the start button on my controller it also prompts the Dolphin End Emulation window. wtf? I've remapped the start button but I wonder why this is happening

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Wow, had no idea they had gone that far.

On a similar note, just out of curiosity i tried Bayonetta 2 on Cemu the other day and it runs surprisingly well. Lot's of audio glitches and some stuttering during cinematics but otherwise the game runs steadily between 40+ up to 60 fps. I had sort of written off emulation for modern consoles as an unrealizable pipe dream, at least for the time being, but it seems they are actually very close to getting there.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane

Wow, had no idea they had gone that far.

On a similar note, just out of curiosity i tried Bayonetta 2 on Cemu the other day and it runs surprisingly well. Lot's of audio glitches and some stuttering during cinematics but otherwise the game runs steadily between 40+ up to 60 fps. I had sort of written off emulation for modern consoles as an unrealizable pipe dream, at least for the time being, but it seems they are actually very close to getting there.

WiiU and PS3 aren't exactly modern tho :M

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ok, ok, point taken.

But as someone who had written this stuff off completely, i'm pleasantly surprised that progress HAS been made.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So is there any guide on how to make this work?

I installed the emulator, and loaded Super Street Figther 2 as a test, and it works fine. But when i try to load Demon's Soul nothing happens. The gaming windows opens but nothing shows up. Do i have to do something specific?

Falksi

Arcane
Cheers dudes. Have used MAME before, but been a while. Always remember it being a bit of a faff to used compared to Zsnes or Fusion for some reason.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, managed to actually load Demon's Soul on the emulator. Predictably, it runs like ass, around sub 10 FPS (i have an AMD 8350 with a GTX 660).

But hey, i got Demon's Soul running on my PC, right? Hahahaha (derp)

[EDIT] Set interpreter to fast and it doubled my FPS but it is still way too slow and game is kinda clithy. Character disappears and sound skips a lot. Wonder if improving the emulator will improve performance as well. So close to being playable. Damn.

Last edited:
shiningforceiii-scena55p8w.jpg

20 years of Shining Force 3! Mednafen Saturn on Retroarch.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Lyric Suite

would you be a dear and test how ni no kuni runs on ps3 emu? my amd cpu is, according to cpu-z's benching/reference utility, "65% / 100%" when benched/referenced versus your amd 8350.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom