Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

ortucis

Prophet
In which ways is this game better than ME: Andromeda?

ELEX isn't shit, has interesting world/characters and also, you don't get freebie generic PC characters for free at start, you have to earn their trust, fix them or save them before they join you. Protagonist is a generic character but he still has more interesting backstory than the Ryder Retards from Andromeda.

Also, the game doesn't have thousand loading screens for moving to point A from B in the same area, it's all seamless. That helps.

I mean.. Name something this game does better than Fallout 4. Difficulty? Is shit combat considered good difficulty now.

I can't, because who in their right fucking mind would play or read anything to do with Fallout 4

I would, cause.. :smug:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Looks like the codex has been infected by total collective retardation and memes made by acne teenagers not a :obviously: Codex reviewers. I am a lurker whom browses the Codex to get insight about the best RPGS not this meme shitfest. The Codex used to tear down games for way less. what gives?? I tried the game and everything about it is mediocre and has been utilized better in many different games. How is the jetpack here better than the one in prospermeda for example? The game is basically screaming of cut corners. If this diarrhea is considered the new golden standard for the codex then there has been a massive drop of standard that I failed to notice. Now to wait for the retarded responses of HURRRDURRR ELEEEX:ehue:.

If you want your argument to be taken seriously next time maybe enlighten us about those many different games that did what Elex does better? Quests, CC, world building, the hand-crafted feel of the whole thing? Yeah, some games did it better, Gothic 2 comes to mind.

The fact you cling to stupid details like the jetpack just shows your cluelessness about what makes a good game. Nioh has great combat. Andromeda has great combat (it actually does). And yet Nioh will never get anywhere close to any TOP XY list of anyone and Andromeda will be forever remembered as the village idiot of the industry.

There are absolutely no cut corners in Overwatch. It's technically flawless. Go play that.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Elex (not eelex, it's a German game! It's not an American "e" and if they actually pronounce it that way in the English version, God help you - the translation must be moronic) is actually so good that the only voices of dissent or critique have been known trolls or people making things up just to get a rise out of people. That's some major incline.

Level 22 now. Still haven't joined a faction. Not while there's even 1 quest in my log. :M

Edit: they should have pronounced it the German way in the English version, or, better, the same way you say "elix" in elixir, because that's what the word is from. Elexir - elixir.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Can someone tell me why friendly fire doesn't apply to the enemies? I dragged a bunch of them to a mine field(I presume it was theirs) and none of them took an ounce of damage when the mines went off and I tried multple times,complete bullshit.Also when enemies trow grenades and other aoe spells none of them seem to affect the allies,another bullshit tactic.

Fucking lame,I was supposed to kill all those reavers with my brilliant plan and everything went to shit.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It seems a bit weird. I've seen enemies knock each other down with rocket launchers, but other times, I have seen them completely immune to friendly fire. I blame shoddy programming.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Why do people say it needs a patch? There is no bugs, performance is elexellent etc. Patches won't change their 20 year old crappy & clunky but "once you learn it, decent" gameplay/combat design.
1. You probably didn't try to move in the elevator, when it was descending.
2. You probably didn't double tap direction on accident while trying opening a chest.
3. They should copy pressing space bar followed by directional key for dodging from Dark Souls, it's probably optimal for PC.
4. At the beginning it should have some tutorial for basic attack and keys needed, like TAB.
5. It should give better direction when you arrive in the first city. You'd be wondering 1.5 hours where is Pit, main leader, shops, inn, healer...
6. Enemies would follow you indefinitely then make duels between each other.

Also I was able to run Dark Souls 3 without problem, but I was forced to reduce settings from high.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
rVMfyF.jpg

Truly, the power of ELEX is greater than I thought!

Maybe if I consume enough ELEX, I will be able to levitate without a jetpack as well.

Also those fucking hornwolves I swear, this game is very NSFMCA.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Today, I cleared a reaver camp. I had like 10 of them following me. I had a few grenades that did the trick, while Duras distracted them. Then, I actually learned the combat system for real and defeated a forlorn enemy. It only took me 10 minutes to kill it! It has a skull next to its name, so I suppose that I am not supposed to fight those things yet. Me and Duras basically stun-locked it to death. I also killed some raptors on my own. Every fight, my heart is throbbing like crazy. The only unfortunate thing, is that hitboxes aren't the greatest.

What does this game do better than Fallout 4? Everything. The world is fun to explore, writing, even though not amazing, beats Fallout 4 to a pulp. Combat is more fun, although, it actually requires the player to put in some effort. There are more ways for quest resolutions and role playing. There is actual choice and consequence. There is more reactivity. I've followed people around when they say they are going to do something, and they actually do it. Someone said they were going to complain to Ragnar about something. I followed them there and listened in on conversation. This sort of thing has already happened a few times in less than 10 hours of playtime.

What does the jetpack do better than Mass Effect: Andromeda? I haven't played that, but it is a good means of traveling. There is more verticality to the world, and I have explored areas I wasn't supposed to. It also has good use in combat.

I'm not trying to be an ELEX fanboy, even though I was pushing the meme magic a lot. It's simply a fun game to play, in the vein of older Piranha Byte games. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but it offers something that you don't see really often anymore. I knew reviews for this wouldn't be amazing. Risen didn't exactly get media praise, and I liked that game a lot. Currently, if the game continues on like this, I will probably rate ELEX higher than Risen.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why do people say it needs a patch? There is no bugs, performance is elexellent etc. Patches won't change their 20 year old crappy & clunky but "once you learn it, decent" gameplay/combat design.
1. You probably didn't try to move in the elevator, when it was descending.
2. You probably didn't double tap direction on accident while trying opening a chest.
3. They should copy pressing space bar followed by directional key for dodging from Dark Souls, it's probably optimal for PC.
4. At the beginning it should have some tutorial for basic attack and keys needed, like TAB.
5. It should give better direction when you arrive in the first city. You'd be wondering 1.5 hours where is Pit, main leader, shops, inn, healer...
6. Enemies would follow you indefinitely then make duels between each other.

Also I was able to run Dark Souls 3 without problem, but I was forced to reduce settings from high.
5. You're supposed to explore. I was in the Pit within the first hour. Or do you want every location and NPC to be spelled out for you with an exclamation mark?

Last edited:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Which faction is everyone joining? Not sure which one I want to join... I've chilled with the Berserkers and they seem cool since they have the magicks (though I may not be able to join depending on what they think of what I did versus their RULES...) and I'm halfway done with the intro missions in the Outlaw camp and they seem like anarcho-capitalists who like to get high and shoot things so that's cool.. still haven't gone to the cleric area but interested in them also because of muh sci fi.... so at this point I have literally no idea what to join (though that will be a ways off still, I think)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Still rocking the axe? Upgrade that shit my man.

i did

now i have HORNSCHWERT

also i have discovered the wonders of using block vs wildlife

previously it hardly even occurred to me because of gothic bias, but after getting a hang of the whole combat deal and actually trying it out, suddenly blocking seems very useful

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Which faction is everyone joining? Not sure which one I want to join... I've chilled with the Berserkers and they seem cool since they have the magicks (though I may not be able to join depending on what they think of what I did versus their RULES...) and I'm halfway done with the intro missions in the Outlaw camp and they seem like anarcho-capitalists who like to get high and shoot things so that's cool.. still haven't gone to the cleric area but interested in them also because of muh sci fi.... so at this point I have literally no idea what to join (though that will be a ways off still, I think)
The only reason I am going to join the Berserkers is because I wanted to do a magic wielding character. I'm now branching out to strength, so that I can mix things up with heavier armor and melee weapons.

harhar!

Augur
Which difficulty are you guys playing at? I'm getting really annoyed with the HP/defense bloat on Ultra. That stuff should be fixed on all difficulties above normal, only the attack values should be adjusted imo. It feels like I'm not getting much stronger, even with much better equipment.

Kahr

I will join the Outlaws, because they tolerate my ELEX consume and i want to know what the Duke does with that Nuke. (Let's hope it isn't a stupid Megaton rip-off)

Which difficulty are you guys playing at? I'm getting really annoyed with the HP/defense bloat on Ultra. That stuff should be fixed on all difficulties above normal, only the attack values should be adjusted imo. It feels like I'm not getting much stronger, even with much better equipment.
Yeah, HP bloat was too much for me, therefore i play on the combat level under ultra (difficult/hard?).
Since i have done that i can enjoy the game very much.
Also i would have never thought that the sound of a Chainsword in combat is so satisfying.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Anyone know a merchant that sells wings?

What's the deal with this Origins city? Is it something for you if you don't join a faction?

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
I've chilled with the Berserkers and they seem cool since they have the magicks (though I may not be able to join depending on what they think of what I did versus their RULES...)
Dude was like "Yo my wife doesn't like you" and I was like "shieeeeeeet" But he still invited me to join, I gave him the sword, solved the clan thing, didn't give the abs up, gave information on other factions, no idea how the values there work, someone in this thread got barred, clerics look cool but they seem more focused on ranged, berserkers annoy me every time I open the inventory, haven't seen much of the outlaws yet, DUNNO!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Have I ever said that? I've always praised well-designed RT games like PST, Daggerfall, MotB, Gothic, Bloodlines, Darklands, etc.

I can't be bothered to dig it up.
You were talking about how you hated PoE because it's RTwP and I think you said you only enjoy turn based games or something or another.
To be fair I was being hyperbolic and probably mis-remembered the quote.
I prefer TB but I have no existential problem with RT. I didn't hate PoE but wasn't crazy about it either. Unlike Fallout 4 it was a playable game.

My real point was - The combat is literally Left Click Spam to the beat of some Dance Dance Revolution.
It only seems this way. In fact the game punishes you for spam-clicking but you'd have to pay attention to the combat mechanics to realize that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom