Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

hilfazer

Scholar
Wait...
I've finally reached the level 10 and joined a faction and I am still weak. For the begining I've used my attrib' points to be a beast with ranged weapon and now with my plasma rifle I can barely scratch a mutant chicken.
When will I be able to do damages ? :///////////////
as soon as you restart and go melee.

And, in case of Ultra, equip a weapon with DOT.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Wait...
I've finally reached the level 10 and joined a faction and I am still weak. For the begining I've used my attrib' points to be a beast with ranged weapon and now with my plasma rifle I can barely scratch a mutant chicken.
When will I be able to do damages ? :///////////////
buy grenades

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Upgrade your ranged weapons skill to the max.
Go to Oitlaw camp and steal their leader's weapon.
Melt everything in your way.
???
Profit.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Run to Outlaw
Buy grenades.
Train Grenades skill.

Last edited:

Turbo normie

Scholar

Stealing via pickpocket or is it stored somewhere ?

During my exploration I found two cool greatswords. One in a well near berserker's place called Ignis Something (which is "guarded" by a Gargolye-like mutant), with fire dot on hit I suppose. And another one during a side quest (killing 3 chimeras) it's a poisoned GS rank II. And a lot of shit tier ranged weapons.

So far during combat, I use my Psi thrower, generating the damage zone and knocking back targets in it with my plasma rifle. It does the job but with 200 plasma cells I can only do two/three kill task missions and I avoid fighting 80% of exploration fights to keep my ammos. I need a freaking huge dps increase :p

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Stealing via pickpocket or is it stored somewhere ?

During my exploration I found two cool greatswords. One in a well near berserker's place called Ignis Something (which is "guarded" by a Gargolye-like mutant), with fire dot on hit I suppose. And another one during a side quest (killing 3 chimeras) it's a poisoned GS rank II. And a lot of shit tier ranged weapons.

So far during combat, I use my Psi thrower, generating the damage zone and knocking back targets in it with my plasma rifle. It does the job but with 200 plasma cells I can only do two/three kill task missions and I avoid fighting 80% of exploration fights to keep my ammos. I need a freaking huge dps increase :p
It's in his tower. The name of the weapon is Thunderclap.

If you don't like those types of weapons, get The Redeemer from the converter in Northern Abessa.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
26677727_10213628930191930_5776709245989252712_o.jpg

BEST. GAME. EVER.

Turbo normie

Scholar
I hit the level 15. I went back to Hort to claim my Legate title as a Cleric.
I've checked the armorer and by Calaan's balls, the chest costs 9K shards !

It's time to make shards. More than before. What's the best way to make shekels ?

I had a decent income with sides quests and trophies on kill with the talent but... If I want to get 9K I have to step it up.

T. Reich

Arcane
Hunting III, asap.

I had 200k+ raw elexite by the end of the game, that's just from sale of the animal parts you find, and I spent heavily on crafting and elex potions.

Elex

Arbiter
Done after 52 hours.
I'm really glad that PB remained true to their design principles and made all boss fights terrible :lol:
the real boss fight is always the first scavenger you meet. (also based on that you can tell how good a pb games is)

imweasel

Get your ass handed to you by scavengers at the beginning of the game. Take out the final boss in three seconds because you are then super mega STRONK.

That is PB for you. :lol: I still love the game though.

I am fine with people disliking it. Elex is indeed a shit game. It's just that it's a good shit game. As Roxor said in his review. It's an even better shit game than Alpha Popamole! Inevitably I ended up reinstalling Risen 1 and that game is proper good. Just got to Harbor Town, going full melee. It just feels like a better polished Gothic in many ways and melee combat is still as enjoyable as I remembered it to be. I gotta commend PB for at least trying with Elex and I sure as shit hope they improve with Elex 2 cause that's gonna be a must play for me as well. I just really don't see myself replaying Elex for the foreseeable future. Game has so many various fuck ups, even the goddamn writing is buggy. At least the English version.

Last edited:

imweasel

Choice and consequence.

You can still get the emotional (good) ending if you make the right decisions during the game and don't go haywire with the Elex potions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom