Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

El Dolphin emulator thread

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2015/04/25/commemoration-rachel-bryk/

Bumped this thread rather than make a new one because it's not really a major blow to the future of the emulator. Still, unfortunate. PS2 and Wii/Gnomecube emulation have come a long way in the past few years, but losses are difficult to replace when it's just a community of enthusiasts.
edit, wtf, just read the OP.
you should have made a new thread you evil man.

Strange feels, i just saw a new dolphin pull request by her on last tuesday on my github watch queue and now

RachelBryk

RachelBryk has no activity during this period.
the feels man. Women should just be men on the internet (even if they happen to be trannies) so this doesn't happen
whiteknight blues

Last edited:

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
The only good thing that came from the Dolphin is it's ability to emulate Gamecube games. You know, since Gamecube is much better console than the Wii.

Don Peste

Arcane
https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2015/04/25/commemoration-rachel-bryk/

Bumped this thread rather than make a new one because it's not really a major blow to the future of the emulator. Still, unfortunate. PS2 and Wii/Gnomecube emulation have come a long way in the past few years, but losses are difficult to replace when it's just a community of enthusiasts.
WTF?

Online Troll Urges Game Developer Rachel Bryk To Commit Suicide
http://www.vocativ.com/culture/lgbt/transgender-developer-rachel-bryk-commits-suicide/

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Fibromyalgia doesn't exist and fuck the internet for making people think it is a thing.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I'm not a lazy piece of shit so I looked it up. It's muscle pain. How does that not exist?

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
I'm not a lazy piece of shit so I looked it up. It's muscle pain. How does that not exist?
Taking a handful of unrelated ailments and calling them a disease.

Oh I have a headache, I'm tired often and my knees hurt, clearly I have cranialpatellaritis

A horse of course

Had a great experience with Code Veronica X on gamecube using this - much better than REZero's Wii port. I might try Shattered Mammaries next.

spekkio

Arcane
Ed123

From other thread:
Shattered Memories is quite... an experience. Absolutely give it a try once, it's a love/hate game.
Unfortunately it appears like emulating Shattered Memories is a no go. The PS2 port is a botch job with lots of missing stuff and the original Wii version is glitchy as hell in latest Dolphin. Plus I couldn't find a decent control scheme for the stupid motion controls and nunchuck. Ah well. Done with SH for now then, plenty else to play on the backlog.
PLZ post your opinion if / when you try it, I plan to play it myself somewhere in the future.

A horse of course

Is the Veronica X Gamecube version superior to the PS2 version?

It's worth noting there's a PS3/360 version of CVX which was ported to capcom's MT Framework engine, meaning it's pretty much the same game but with overhauled dynamic lighting plus some other new effects (e.g. on water). The models/textures are pretty much the same from what I've read. Of course, you won't get the benefits of savestates with that, though you do get MUH CHEEVOS.

Reading up on the Dolphin forums, it seems SH: SM is playable but suffers from pretty significant visual glitches, so I think I'll give it a pass for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

A horse of course

Tried to play CALLING on the Wii but Dolphin just refuses to recognize my Xbox One controller as a wiimote or wiimote classic extension. Worked fine as a gamecube controller. The mouse and keyboard worked fine (preferable, even) in Umbrella Chronicles but it's unplayable in Calling because you just cannot control the camera at all.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
There is a PSP version of shattered memories. IDK if it's graphically worse, but not dealing with shitty motion controls is a plus.

A user named cat

If the PS2 version is gimped, I can't imagine how shitty the PSP port is.

zwanzig_zwoelf

HELLO. I found you can play Wii games decently on PC with this emulator http://www.dolphin-emu.com/. What games do you recommend? I don't care about the genre.
thanks
It's been years since I ran Dolphin, but let's see if my memory is intact.
Wii: No More Heroes, The Last Story, Xenoblade Chronicles.
GC: Killer7, Biohazard 4, Biohazard (Remake), Lost Kingdoms, Phantasy Star Online, Eternal Darkness, Fire Emblem, Skies of Arcadia.

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
HELLO. I found you can play Wii games decently on PC with this emulator http://www.dolphin-emu.com/. What games do you recommend? I don't care about the genre.
thanks
It's been years since I ran Dolphin, but let's see if my memory is intact.
Wii: No More Heroes, The Last Story, Xenoblade Chronicles.
GC: Killer7, Biohazard 4, Biohazard (Remake), Lost Kingdoms, Phantasy Star Online, Eternal Darkness, Fire Emblem, Skies of Arcadia.

Especially Eternal Darkness. That game was ace.:brodex:

A horse of course

I tried Cursed Mountain but got stuck about 20m into the opening because I can't work out how do mimic the gestures using a gnomepad or kb/m. I noticed that the PC version someone mentioned is sold on Gamersgate and there are reviews from as recently as last year, so perhaps it's still compatible with modern systems. Maybe I should cough up 10 dollars..........

Anyway here are some screens - only glitches I noticed were in cutscenes:
7NMkAPB.png
ftchv4A.png
2ZSEW02.png
d6mGPCh.png
CU8crRd.png
bwjIauL.png
d4XS3JJ.png
im9QqCD.png
Z1nD0n6.png

Don Peste

Arcane
I tried Cursed Mountain but got stuck about 20m into the opening because I can't work out how do mimic the gestures using a gnomepad or kb/m. I noticed that the PC version someone mentioned is sold on Gamersgate and there are reviews from as recently as last year, so perhaps it's still compatible with modern systems. Maybe I should cough up 10 dollars..........
PC version works, but I'm not really sure you want to buy it.

A horse of course

PC version works, but I'm not really sure you want to buy it.

I like playing shitty survival horror games so I can complain about them on the codex

spekkio

Arcane
From I've heard this game is mostly... boring. Same shit over and over again.
Have you tried RER2 yet, Ed123 ? If not - you should.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom