Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Editing character creation, also question about version difference

Discussion in 'Prelude To Darkness' started by JarlFrank, Jan 27, 2013.

1. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    I'd like to change the amount of stat and skill points you can assign at character creation for experimental ( :M) reasons. Anyone know how to do that? Should be fairly easy, just edit the file that determines it, I guess.

Also, I wonder what's the difference between version 1.7 and version 1.8
    I often read that 1.7 is more stable than 1.8, so what are the actual differences? Is there a changelog anywhere? Would I miss out on anything that has been added in 1.8 if I go with 1.7?

Thanks.

^ Top  
  2. Make America Great Again Fowyr Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Fowyr
    Parrots:
    It's not fairly easy. Starting amount of SP in the .exe, for sure. Just open file people.txt with any text editor, find string (#Hyric# and edit these strings slightly below:
    (!Hello!
    (removeall)
    (if (flag ^SolvedJactusMurder^)

Add a new string (callscript [GiveXP] 20), now script looks like this:
    (!Hello!
    (callscript [GiveXP] 20)
    (removeall)
    (if (flag ^SolvedJactusMurder^)

Now any time you will speak to Hyric (she in the starting tavern) and say "Hello" to her, you'll gain 20 skill points.

Never saw one. 1.8 is finishable, for sure. Also it really slower than 1.2. Perhaps, because of revamping of program parts to add 1024x768. Fucking graphic whores. :lol:
    For example, 1.8 is unplayable on my computer now, although 1.2, 1.35 and 1.5 work fine. Probably I switched video cards, can't remember, because I played 1.8 several years ago.
    Probably, shitton of script fixes. Like buggy Novacula blessing and whatnot.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Make America Great Again Fowyr Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Fowyr
    Parrots:
    JarlFrank
    I compared all 1.7 and 1.8 scripts. There is only a one difference - corrected typo in quest list. :lol:

^ Top  
  4. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    Parrots:
    Oh. So, playing the supposedly more stable 1.7 version wouldn't make me miss out on anything. Hm. Oh well, I already started with 1.8 and besides a few crashes I haven't had too many problems.

^ Top  
  5. I'm With Her Severian Silk for prison Arcane

Severian Silk
    Parrots:
    The crashes are annoying, but I never encountered a game breaking bug.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)