Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 IGN Article - releasing F4 and Skyrim yet again?

RPK

Scholar
How many versions of these two games can Bethesda release?

I sort of get the bashing these games get, but I enjoyed both of them and would like and probably would enjoy sequels. I don't want to play them and I certainly don't want to pay for them again.

also couldn't care less about a card game.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Making a new game is hard. Remember, Bethesda are not good programmers. Fucking around with the old games so they run on consoles is much easier.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Heartstone(?) and Gwent already have that mobile genre on lock, so what's the real justification for Legends?

arrowintheknee.png

"We have all this money, what do we do with it?"

RPK

Scholar
Heartstone(?) and Gwent already have that mobile genre on lock, so what's the real justification for Legends?

arrowintheknee.png

lol, arrow to the knee. please tell me that's one of the actual cards.

Alkarl

Learned
Making a new game is hard. Remember, Bethesda are not good programmers. Fucking around with the old games so they run on consoles is much easier.

Basically. I'd bet most of these new versions have just been to fix a lot of depricated code and testing out what they can do on new hardware (as far as consoles). This in itself isn't that strange of a practice where consoles and hell, even pcs were concerned back around the 80s-early2000s since cpu changes and integrated chips/boards and gpus started to really take off.

The main difference though is that, pcs aside, devs/publishers didn't release these sorts of things as full products. They were considered as testing, especially if a similar engine was going to be used.

Also, this is a tactic generally employed on the console market, since pcs have typically out performed consoles. Any present day fiddling like this typically means a total shift or renewed focus on console oriented design.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected

arrowintheknee.png

lol, arrow to the knee. please tell me that's one of the actual cards.
According to the Legends database, so is Angry Mudcrab. I guess if forgettable & unremarkable characters, seen-it-before art style, and old in-jokes are your thing, Legends is for you. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom