Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2017 - June 10-15 - Press Conferences, Trailers and Interviews

Bigg Boss

Arcane
That particular area you pointed out I did notice as being smaller as some of the others. You aren't one of the ones that thought BotW was garbage either did you? Because I played Horizon in comparison and it looks pretty but it is like walking through a field of invisible walls. Watching more of that video I can tell that some people just do not play these kinds of games, thus cannot properly judge the genre.

Jesus, I figured it out. Teenagers like grim dark edges because they don't REALLY know how miserable and fucked up the world is. You don't need to play edgy games, you need to play fun games, so you don't kill yourself. This is why so many teens are killing themselves. They need more Mario. I wonder if Nintendo can market that? DON'T LET LITTLE TOMMY BE A RAPIST! BUY HIM A SWITCH!

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
A few edgy teenagers in here or dudes who gotta have that grimdark QTE action. Nintendo did save E3 for a lot of fans by showing they were actually listening by making that mediocre Star Fox game last year, announcing two Metroids, Pikmin 4 name dropped again, Mario (of course), decent Pokemon stuff in the works, Splatoon 2, Yoshi, Kirby, and some other shit I can't recall..SMT and Xenoblade and some other weebo shit. Xbox has nothing that the PC does not have (and what they have is not that great..Terry Crews?) which leaves Sony with...a bunch of sequels and TLoU inspired garbage. Of course a couple decent FPS games are coming out. A couple come out every year. They shat them out with little change in between.

The reason Mario is being pushed as a big reveal is they finally went big again with the series. It appears to be a leap much like from Super Mario World to Super Mario 64. For those that must have that great popamole action I am sure they will not enjoy the latest Nintendo offerings, but then again these are the people responsible for the decline. They buy every CoD released, think Skyrim is the best RPG ever, and buy the PS4 Pro (soon XboXXX) because they think it's the best graphics they can get with a vidgy game. I'm sure E3 was great to people like that. I know Nintendo detractors hate hearing "But we got Mario and Link and Samuuuuus guuuyss" but it must be said Microsoft and Sony are no better, especially this year.

But this notion that Microsoft somehow pulled through is total bullshit. Ultimately NOTHING at E3 was shown that really shook things up. We got more remasters, remakes, and sequels, with one or two reveals that a lot of people don't care about. Thank God the PC doesn't really worry too much about E3. This is why PC's have always been old reliable for me.

You're assuming I give a shit about consoles to begin with. I don't even have a modern console. Been PC for the last forever. I'm simply looking at it from an objective standpoint from representation and quantity (quality is a subjective qualifier which is why I've been ignoring these arguments entirely), which Microsoft's conference excelled at and Nintendo's didn't, unless you count appealing to adults with autism and children only then you'd be correct.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Mario and Zelda aren't franchises - they are religions. That's why Nintendo can get away with their laziness and unimaginativeness.

the new mario and newest zelda look like pretty great games to me, i'm probably gonna get switch for them

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
That particular area you pointed out I did notice as being smaller as some of the others. You aren't one of the ones that thought BotW was garbage either did you? Because I played Horizon in comparison and it looks pretty but it is like walking through a field of invisible walls.

This looks 10 times better than Odyssey and look how simplistic it is,but the flow is just there,you get and you get out,clean as fuck.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
That particular area you pointed out I did notice as being smaller as some of the others. You aren't one of the ones that thought BotW was garbage either did you? Because I played Horizon in comparison and it looks pretty but it is like walking through a field of invisible walls.

This looks 10 times better than Odyssey and look how simplistic it is,but the flow is just there,you get and you get out,clean as fuck.

If Nintendo remade this game you would be complaining that they made the same game

Bigg Boss

Arcane

You're assuming I give a shit about consoles to begin with. I don't even have a modern console. Been PC for the last forever. I'm simply looking at it from an objective standpoint from representation and quantity (quality is a subjective qualifier which is why I've been ignoring these arguments entirely), which Microsoft's conference excelled at and Nintendo's didn't, unless you count appealing to adults with autism and children only then you'd be correct.

Was I directing that all just at you? Unless you are the only faggot in here praising Microsoft and bashing Nintendo I was not.

Do you feel the whole world revolves around you?
Is hair now growing on your private parts?
You might be an edgy teenager.

Look I am not denying Microsoft their greatness they had...uhhh...what was it?

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I just assumed you were being a passive aggressive little bitch like most people on this board, so if I was wrong forgive me.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

If Nintendo remade this game you would be complaining that they made the same game

No one asked for a remake,sometimes you just have to let it go,stop milking Marios dick dude.Everyone wants something new from time to time,jumping on the back of a fucking turtle for 20 fucking years is not my idea of being creative.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
No one asked for a remake,sometimes you just have to let it go,stop milking Marios dick dude.Everyone wants something new from time to time,jumping on the back of a fucking turtle for 20 fucking years is not my idea of being creative.

Then don't, no one tells you to, but there are people who want to play the same game for 20 years. I would be playing fallout 6 today if it was an evolution of fallout 1 , like odyssey to mario is.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
No, I am full on psycho aggressive now pull your tampon out of your wet little cunt and shut the fuck up.

Being this upset about vidja, lol. I didn't realize low t was such a problem on this board.

Dexter

Arcane

I think it's funny that people believe "Nintendo understands their fanbase" when 3D Marios consistently sold a lot worse than 2D Mario, and yet they persist and release new Mario titles with gimmicks like SUNSHINE or ODYSSEY, when this shit will likely not even break Super Mario Galaxy numbers: http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Mario
2006 New Super Mario Bros. series 79.39 (million)
2007 Super Mario Galaxy series 20.39 (million)

2006 NDS New Super Mario Bros. 30.80 (million)
2009 Wii New Super Mario Bros. Wii 30.05 (million)
2007 Wii Super Mario Galaxy 12.75 (million)
2010 Wii Super Mario Galaxy 2 7.67 (million)
2002 NGC Super Mario Sunshine 6.31 (million)

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Odyssey probably will sell great, it's not even 2 days and trailer has 6,5 million views.

I don't even think that battlefield 1 or skyrim had so many views after 1 day

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Sunshine was just a weird Mario and motion controls are not great when forced. What else you got? I mean at least one of those sidescrollers was packed in with the system...New SMB was just more of the same. The hardcore fans don't want that shit. The fans have wanted this game since the Wii U.

They have refined movement is what some people don't get. You can look at that game and feel the muscle memory in your hands react. You can almost imagine how smooth it feels to hop off the walls. Hell I'm not even a huge Mario fan. I just like great games. Microsoft just doesn't fucking have them right now guys. The 360 had the library right from the start. Now they are trying to spread to PC because their console division is bleeding since the One underperformed.

Sure, they have a few PC games. That is fine for PC gamers. Myself I have always walked between both worlds. The exclusives are where gaming lives and dies. Can you play the latest Mario on PC (Odyssey when it comes out) without emulators? Even if you can is it bug free? Can you play Red Dead Redemption on PC? Can you play Crusader Kings 2 on PS4? You see my point. Some are content with their PC heaven where they get excluded from certain niche games they personally might choose to dislike, but I have never been happy missing out on games.

Right now I need to upgrade my PC to play more of the AAA ones I can't run, so I am not missing out on that end. It is true the new Xbox has some beefy specs which tempt me since I am woefully outdated beyond even an upgrade almost. Then again there are the games the system misses out on that Sony has...where the problem really lies. Microsoft is fucked without exclusives. They think they can push this whole PC angle since Sony doesn't have the pull in that area and the PC show at E3 is a joke.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Odyssey probably will sell great, it's not even 2 days and trailer has 6,5 million views.

I don't even think that battlefield 1 or skyrim had so many views after 1 day

And I'm sure 5 million of those are children under 10.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Also Nintendo subscription for online will only be 4$ a month and 20$ for whole year.

unlike ps4 and xbox where it is 10$ a month and 60$ year.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
But God of the Last of Us looks so mature and grim dark my anus bleeds. I get such a massive boner so it must be the game for me. Really how transparent can these hacks get? Every single game it seemed wanted to ape TLoU.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
But God of the Last of Us looks so mature and grim dark my anus bleeds. I get such a massive boner so it must be the game for me. Really how transparent can these hacks get? Every single game it seemed wanted to ape TLoU.

Yea even the new God of War looks like a rip off from Tlou with walking with the kid everywhere, what is this shit

Bigg Boss

Arcane
It never showed more than a few enemies on the screen either. It looked pretty bad actually. I loved God of War 3.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron

It's a fucking shit show. The current state of gaming is just awful. Focus on cinematics, graphics, and qtes over gameplay has been throwing the industry into a downward spiral for ages now.

Remember Heavy Rain? Holy shit that """game""" was fucking garbage but people loved it. I'm inclined to say this is all the average consumers fault, since developers ultimately just want to make money and people keep buying these total garbage products.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
SHAAAUN....SHAAUN.....SHAAUNNN!!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom