Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News DX:HR is going to be region locked

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This doesn't affect me. Maybe the rest of you should quit living in tiny regions.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Well, if you don't think the game is worth the price being charged in your region then don't pay. Only thing you will lose by getting a pirated copy is achievement tracking...

CorpseZeb

Learned
Konjad said:
Doesn't matter to me, because Polish price will be lower than in the rest of EU, so I'd buy it here anyway.

Really? 130 zł=30euro=40 US dollar. Yeah... and I don't even get started about GDP...

Ps. Plus, you will get probably very shitty translation and Hungarian version as a bonus (Dead Space I'm looking at you...).

Ps2. Plus probably some sort of local advertisement content, which will be totally anti-climatic...

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
SE apologists at their forums are gold, as usual:

Retard1 said:
You guys do know that 99.99999999999999999% won't even notice this as almost everybody orders/purchases from their own country.
Yeah I know it sounds ridiculous doesn't it.

Awesome statistics there.

Retard2 said:
There is no region locking on GMG keys, this has been confirmed several times and by several sources including GMG AND Square Enix, when all this lock confusion started

They do give refunds, only not after you receive a key.

Also, buy the standard edition at 34€, no reason to pay more for the Augmented.

Tbh i'm starting to think SE made the right call with all the attitude going on here. Paying little over 20€ for a brand new game? Seriously? Next you'll be wanting 6 months old games to be sold at 1€ and eventually become free forever? How more cheap can you be?

As an answer to people cancelling their Augmented Edition pre-orders - "oh, why are you complaining, you get to pay only £15 more and you'll get the standard edition, so stop complaining!"

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Excidium said:
Well, if you don't think the game is worth the price being charged in your region then don't pay. Only thing you will lose by getting a pirated copy is achievement tracking...

So, it's a exclusive feature then? Good to know.

ChristofferC

Magister
Region locking is an extremely insignificant issue compared to draconian DRM to me. (in b4 region locking is drm)

Gord

Arcane
GarfunkeL said:
SE apologists at their forums are gold, as usual:
Retard2 said:
Tbh i'm starting to think SE made the right call with all the attitude going on here. Paying little over 20€ for a brand new game? Seriously? Next you'll be wanting 6 months old games to be sold at 1€ and eventually become free forever? How more cheap can you be?

As an answer to people cancelling their Augmented Edition pre-orders - "oh, why are you complaining, you get to pay only £15 more and you'll get the standard edition, so stop complaining!"

Isn't it funny how the free market is biting the free market apologists' asses?
We are constantly told by the industry through their ads to go for the biggest benefit, be it through cheap prices, special options, or whatever quality they deem noteworthy. Yet once customers actually start doing it, they get all upset about it because it starts cutting their profits...

Suchy

Arcane
Steam? Region lock? Well, hello TPB. When I get back from my vacations, it will be waiting for me patched and cracked.

Micmu

Magister
Omg looks like some of you will not be able to *buy* adware.
Take this as a blessing, while utter imbeciles in kwa and jewrope will actually pay full price for gimped product like that.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Idiots. Assholes. Morons.

Not so many years ago I usually ordered all my games from the UK to play the english versions (although better than some other countries, the stuff translated for Deutschland is usually horrible shit). I think during that period I spent a substantial amount of my money on "games". And there were good reasons not to pirate everything.

But now this is getting ridiculous. They not only force their legal buyers to install crap (steam) but also to play the retarded version of their country. *Customer, please pay for our shit, but go to hell if you want something individual. Because we don't give a fuck what YOU want.*

Fuck them. (wasn't interested in the game anyway)

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
the_unshaved_masses said:
Guess I will now be cancelling my "Augmented Edition" pre-order and ordering for TPB instead. See you guys there!

Mortmal said:
Ii would have bought for 29,99$£ on D2D uk, or on game.com but since its country locked and they want to fuck me upand force me to spend 44 euros aka 39£, ill spend maybe 5$ on a direct download service and will get it with complete anonymat. TPB is more risky here as i live in a dictatorship, france, with laws harsher than china .

Grunker said:
Goodbye retail copy - hello The Pirate Bay!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08 ... in-europe/

So are you guys actually going to buy the game now? Or were you just being a bunch of melodramatic faggots?

OldSkoolKamikaze said:
the_unshaved_masses said:
Guess I will now be cancelling my "Augmented Edition" pre-order and ordering for TPB instead. See you guys there!

Mortmal said:
Ii would have bought for 29,99$£ on D2D uk, or on game.com but since its country locked and they want to fuck me upand force me to spend 44 euros aka 39£, ill spend maybe 5$ on a direct download service and will get it with complete anonymat. TPB is more risky here as i live in a dictatorship, france, with laws harsher than china .

Grunker said:
Goodbye retail copy - hello The Pirate Bay!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08 ... in-europe/

So are you guys actually going to buy the game now? Or were you just being a bunch of melodramatic faggots?

Who is being the melodramatic faggot here? The people voicing a legitimate concern over how easy it is to implement more draconian measures? or the idiot typing in a large font to get more attention?

Steam share portfolio had a dip?

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Blackadder said:
Who is being the melodramatic faggot here? The people voicing a legitimate concern over how easy it is to implement more draconian measures? or the idiot typing in a large font to get more attention?

Steam share portfolio had a dip?

Jesus fucking Christ, tea and crumpets. With that amazing deductive reasoning of yours able to discern that I made my text bigger to get more attention, I figured you'd have been able to realize that the entire reason I made that post was to determine whether or not they thought that this was a legitimate concern or if they were being over-dramatic faggots. I'm sure you'll agree that the latter is far more common here.

You are truly definitive proof that Sherlock Holmes was a fictional character.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
If I like it, I'll buy it. As usual.

Also, I think BlackAdder was pointing out the irony in your accusation of calling us melodramatic faggots while posting in font size one billion. I fail to see what's melodramatic in declaring that I will not support the game should it have region-locking.

Mortmal

Arcane
I guess i wont be a melodramatic faggot and just buy there then : http://www.intkeys.com/
Never bought anything there yet, but if its legit at 22 euros i see no reasons why not! Thansk for the link if it works.

circ

Arcane
So, you complain of bullshit tactics by companies and now you're a melodramatic faggot? That's hilarious. Blizzard assrapes customers, then Eidos, or is that a Ubishit outfit these days? And some are like, oh it doesn't affect me, quit crying you drama queens. When it's Blizzard it's Activision's fault, BiWare, it's EA. Come on. Extortion prices? Ooh, it's piracy. Enjoy your fucking DRM and everything else upcoming, you should just tattoo SONY on your asses.

Mortmal

Arcane
Btw i need a birthday gift for my little bro, do you know of any online shop shipping an XBOX 360 version around those prices ? I used to order from aamzon Uk , but a lithuanian shop is definivitvely tempting , especially if they price it in $.

kaizoku

Arcane
Black said:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08/18/dxhr-no-longer-region-locked-in-europe/

It's almost like Gooks don't know how to deal with Yuropeens.
I guess Squeenix watched this thread.

oh wait, I still don't use steam

will still have to wait for pirates

Drakron

Arcane
Black said:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08/18/dxhr-no-longer-region-locked-in-europe/

It's almost like Gooks don't know how to deal with Yuropeens.

More likely they realize someone recalled the whole Single Market thing of the EU that would mean someone would get a EU suit and Sony been on plenty of those already.

likaq

Arcane
Released at TPB.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom