Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Incline Duskers - Learn to love the drone, because you have only her

Discussion in 'Space, Sims & City Builders' started by WhiskeyWolf, May 4, 2016.

1. Make America Great Again WhiskeyWolf RPG Codex Polish Car Thief Patron

WhiskeyWolf
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/254320/

It will be released this month.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
    • Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  2. taxalot I request a spice shipment immediately. Patron

taxalot
    Parrots:
    Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    It could be very interesting. I do appreciate the concept, but I hope it's possible to tone down the graphical effects.
    And I am serious. The sober and minimalist look do not go well with light beams floating everywhere and random neon glows on various elements. It's distracting to the whole experience. If you want the game to look minimalistic, make it minimalistic.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Zewp Arcane

Zewp
    Parrots:
    Codex 2013
    Released. So is it any good? Because I like the concept a lot.

^ Top  
  4. Make America Great Again WhiskeyWolf RPG Codex Polish Car Thief Patron

WhiskeyWolf
    Parrots:

Starts at 4:40

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    Got it.
    Explored ships.
    Found red signal on motion scanner.
    Moved ship to another airlock, planning to herd the signal to a room I had already cleared and vent.
    Forgot to close door d12.
    Horrible screaming death jumped my drones.
    Opened airlock a5 to escape into shuttle. Only, I had just moved the shuttle.
    Vented my 2 drones with the most upgrades into space.

:5/5::4/5:

If you have a keyboard with lit up keys, play it in the dark and with headphones on.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  6. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    Some fun combinations I've found so far:
    teleport (with upgrade) + sensor -> better scan than motion. Also works with bombs and lures.
    stealth + lure or stealth + bomb -> good anti-monster
    upgraded lure in airlock room -> yesplz

Interface and Scan are both super stronk and you should bring both every time.

Make sure not to over-equip your drones. You'll want slots free to shuffle upgrades out of destroyed drones you find. Also, equipment brought along risks getting broken. Stuff in reserve doesn't.
    My drone fleet before horrible death was:
    generator+scan+teleport(upgraded) -> power a generator, send sensors
    stealth+interface -> scout
    tow+gather-> grabber
    motion -> extended sensor

Also (this wasn't immediately obvious to me), if you find a ship with cool upgrades that you can't tow, you can 'commandeer' instead of 'exit' at the end and swap your ship for the one you cleared. Assuming you cleared it.

^ Top  
  7. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    Parrots:
  8. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    Seriously... Fuck swarms eating their way through a door, swarming my turret drone, then eating my generator drone. When the game tells you a door has been damaged, you need to worry.

Aliases are your friends for things you may need to toggle in a hurry. I have turret aliased to t, shields to d and stealth to s

^ Top  
  9. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    The game needs a way to tow debris onto vents to stop those fucking swarms!
    :rage:

^ Top  
  10. ColCol Arcane

ColCol
    Parrots:
    Played it a little bit. So far it's pretty entertaining. Very atmospheric.

^ Top  
  11. Norfleet Moderator

Norfleet
    Parrots:
    Can you take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, because it's the only way to be sure?

^ Top  
  12. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Parrots:
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Let me tell you a story.

I discovered a scrap heap, boarded and all was fine, but exploration beyond first two rooms was not viable. On a whim I decided to demo my ship cannon, to see what it could do. Long story short, I lost all my drones, and the ship turned into an irradiated pile of junk.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Norfleet Moderator

Norfleet
    Parrots:
    Look, man, you're doing it wrong. You have to TAKE OFF and THEN nuke the entire site from orbit. Sheesh. You people are bad with directions and order of operations. Now you see why we have rules like this? TAKE OFF and nuke entire site from orbit. Pillage, THEN burn. Steps in the right order.

^ Top  
  14. oasis789 Arcane

oasis789
    Parrots:
    Gave this a whirl, expecting to just play for a little while - and 12 hours later I only stopped because my eyes were hurting. The game is actually quite compelling. The roguelike gameplay is addictive af and the mystery crisis worldbuilding is top notch.

Things that happened to me:
    - Don't accidentally leave a door open when herding enemies.
    - Don't forget which rooms you herded enemies into.
    - Don't vent rooms willy nilly and destroy doors you need to use.
    - Don't count on stealth too much.
    - Don't try to turret the swarms. Mines only!
    - Don't stay beyond the "doors don't close anymore" phase.

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. oasis789 Arcane

oasis789
    Parrots:
    Another story: There's only one airlock in the whole damn A-class quarantine vessel but I didn't know that because I didn't have the ship surveyor or interface tool. So I make my way across the entire ship herding enemies into corners when suddenly, an asteroid hits my only way back to the airlock, so I think, ok better find another airlock, please let there be another airlock. There wasn't another airlock. Ok, so I'll just kill all the enemies and commandeer the vessel, which means I have to fight my way through a shitload of enemies. I manage to herd them all into a trapped room, and then I learn that one cannot commandeer quarantined vessels. The radiation has spread to my airlock room, I pry unpowered doors open to the closest possible door. I have my drones make a mad dash to the exit but they are too damaged from past battles to make it even halfway, so I lose everything except for one broken drone I left in reserve. I try to keep going but trying to take on the remaining A-class level-3/4 ships in this sector with one single drone and no good tools was just too frustrating. Especially since my current ship was also falling apart by then.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. sexbad? Arcane Patron

sexbad?
    Parrots:
    Codex USB, 2014
    I really like this game

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)