Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Aledorn (formerly Dungeons of Aledorn) - Realms of Arkania-like RPG

Angthoron

Arcane
Regarding Codex fundraiser: We will run it once the KS looks more like it'll succeed - if it fails, the logistical nightmare of refunding people's PayPal pledges for it will be pretty major. Unless everyone's cool with DU keeping all the cash for his hooker & solid gold toilet fund.

We can probably communicate with the devs and get a different time frame for our fundraiser for either the case of success or failure, though. With a 60K base requirement, I'm pretty sure they'll welcome any kind of cash injection and publicity.

hemtae

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...aledorn-old-school-hardcore-rpg/posts/1175012

Meet Team21‘s 2D artist and graphic designer, Yeve Drovossekova

Hello everyone, today we would like to introduce you our 2d graphic designer and artist, Yeve, who creates the majority of our art. During our pre-campaign, her work was of great interest for viewers and check out more of her pieces via our KS pages and when we run updates.

Yeve Drovossekova is a freelancer, who helps create animations, 2D graphics for games and oil paintings. Yeve also spends her time to tattooing where she does not only draws the designs, but also tattoos the images.

As well as art, Yeve’s a gamer as well. She particularly likes RPGs – mainly action/adventure style of games. Her greatest game art ispiration is Disciples 2, that she played when she was16. As a game artist, she participated in making art for Heroes of Newerth and Clash of the Damned (social network game) prior to joining the Dungeons of Aledorn team.

Yeve is not only a graphic designer, but also she emjoys music and key influences and inspirations are sought and found from regular travels to distant lands. She plays the piano, enjoys observing the different architecture of countries all over the world and talking to locals. Most importantly though, she takes inspiration from art and crafts of the Orient and has actually participated in exhibitions inspired by the Silk Road.

Yeve has been with the DoA team for for year and a half now and, as she says, this project gives her a lot of space and no limitatons for implementing all of her gained experiences and that she’s truly allowed to express her passion for art.

Interview with our 2D artist and graphic designer Yeve

You can see more about our team in our blog.

3642384bba6928ab2359c26104feffcc_original.jpg

New add-ons for you:
Additional digital copy of the game at $15

Limited Edition T-shirt at $30 (No extra shipping if at the tier with the physical game or Higher)

f9c8449b8b1f18b53cab28c83238aba1_original.jpg

Diorama at $130

1b9cbec6e884cdd973340ccc3d697c1f_original.jpg

Orc beastmaster at $300 (Shipping included)

55f47545b37440885e339445141c0c59_original.jpg

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
A fucking awesome update : camping option.

made in the spirit of the Realms Of Arkania system, with more options.

But some questions it brings
A fast reaction: according to the food supply, don't you know that

Why my bredrens must be killed? :lol:

Secondly, I think that craft/brew and repair items phases should be made under a "falling asleep" save test, as it can be long duration actions.Or at least, give them a requirement condition like "must not be tired".The more time those kinds of action demand, and the more there are chances of falling asleep.

Also, what is the default action for those who have nothing to do during a camping session?Standing up and watch, or resting action?

About the "guard duty", can several characters be affected to this option, or is it only a one character option?We should be able to choose more than one character, like it was in the Realms of Arkania

If we are taken into a surprised encounter, will it be always an hostile one?Can't it be a NPC encounter with why not a random quest giver effect?

When entering a camping sessions, does the game firstly ask us for the duration we want to camp, or can we do whatever we want then the game will calculate the global duration of a camping session?I personnaly think the game should ask us the amount of time we want to camp, it will force us to plan precisely all the actions we intend to do.It will also prevent from a "you have camped for 2 days and are fully replenished"situation.It must be a matter of choices and consequences.Being able to do everything, assuming the conditions are met (extoriors environnements), it could be like a rest in town (safe place).But in nature/dungeon, it should not be the same as in town.It will keep in mind a risky effect.

If "focusing at will" attempt is a failure, what can be the effect of weakness?How long does it lasts?Can it be cured with potions?

Does the climate is taken in consideration, like in the Blade of Destiny, with sometimes, a risk of getting ill due to the cold if characters are not equipped with blanket?

I love the sleep in armor option, it could be fun.

But again, very nice update.You really killed me with the "guess who's comming to diner"!!!

Last edited:

hemtae

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...aledorn-old-school-hardcore-rpg/posts/1181910

Information about technical demo (playable prototype)

Greetings to all fans of dungeons, RPGs, and our game Dungeons of Aledorn. More than few of you have written to us about your problems with the technical demo. Either with the user interface or not understanding the principles of the game. In today´s update we are going to introduce you to the new technical demo, which will be available to download soon.

Explore mode - this mode is temporary for technical demo. You can walk around and browse the inventory of individual characters. Through the hotkey “1” you can activate a torch.

Tactical mode - you enter this mode when you get close to an enemy or in the actual version you can also start combat sooner by corresponding button.

Individual features of game control:

Active defences:
Ambush - Defensive action that allows you to strike an enemy that leaves or comes into your attack range

Counterattack - Defensive action that allows you to avoid damage from an inaccurate melee attack and strike back the attacker

Dodge - Defensive action that prevents melee critical hit, makes accurate melee attack inaccurate or causes inaccurate melee attack to miss

Prepare - Allows you to recover some stamina and store some initiative for the next round

Retaliation - Defensive acton that allows you to turn towards an attacker and strike him back after you are attacked from melee range

Actions:
Wait - Allows this character to act later

Inventory - Shows inventory screen

Main menu - Shows main menu screen

End Turn - Gives turn to the next character in order

Skills & Spells:
Basic Attack - Inflicts melee weapon damage to a single enemy

Hide in Shadows - Makes you invisible to enemies until you are detected or until you perform an attack.

• Reach - self
  • Ambitiousness: 0 AB
  • Cost: 3 SP (shadow points)
Ice Shards - Inflicts weapon and cold damage to a single enemy

• Reach: 2 - 8 hexes
  • Damage: 2x low
  • Ambitiousness: 5 AB
  • Cost: 6 mana
Frostbolt - Inflicts cold damage to a single enemy and freezes him

• Reach: 2 - 8 hexes
  • Damage: low
  • Cost: 12 mana
Discharge - Inflicts shock damage to an enemy up to 5 hexes away and chance to strike another character in 3 hex radius

• Reach: 5 + 3 hexes
  • Damage: low + chance to next low
  • Cost: 6 mana
Firebolt - Inflicts burn damage to a single enemy

• Reach: 2 - 10 hexes
  • Damage: medium
  • Cost: 5 mana
Meteor Strike - Inflicts weapon damage to an enemy and additional burn damage to all characters in 2 hex radius

• Reach: all battlefield
  • Range: hex contents of 17 hexes
  • Ambitiousness: 6 AB
  • Cost: 19 mana
  • Rejuvenate - Heals an allied character up to 8 hexes away and jumps to other allied characters up to 8 hexes
  • Reach: 8 hexes + 8 hexes
  • Range: 1 + friendly characters
  • Ambitiousness: 4 AB
  • Cost: 5 mana

Character abilities:
Aryam - Water mage

Skills:

• normal attack - very low damage (unarmed) - 5 AB
  • ice Shards
  • frostbolt
  • discharge
Active options:

• dodge
  • prepare
  • wait
  • inventory
Marius - Fire mage

Skills:

• normal attack - very low damage (unarmed) - 5 AB
  • firebolt
  • meteor strike
  • discharge
Active options:

• dodge
  • prepare
  • wait
  • inventory
Thomas - Ranger

Skills:

• normal attack - medium damage - 6 AB
  • rejuvenate
Active options:

• counter attack
  • retaliation
  • dodge
  • prepare
  • wait
  • inventory
William - Rogue

Skills:

• normal attack - medium damage - 6 AB
  • hide in shadows
Active options:

• ambush
  • counterattack
  • dodge
  • prepare
  • wait
  • inventory

Gameplay EN version:

Gameplay CZ version:

Korron

Cipher
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Aren't we over 10,000 strong? Why hasn't this been funded yet? I think we can all chill on the dewritos a bit and risk $9 on potential incline.

Disappointing to see these guys go above and beyond with backer communication, have a demo, and not be rewarded for this passion project.

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Today it has even been going backwards. I believe it hit 26,230 or so and now at 26,080. Thats what passion gives you. Should've advertised for an MMO instead, run with the money and use it for DoA. All is fair in the war for incline

Morkar Left

I can't understand why it's not funded yet. It has all the ingredients you need to make this a great rpg. I hope it doesn't sink under the PoE release. I really wish the game gets funded.

Hey Infinitron, is there something else the codex can do to push the game? Maybe including it in the advertising banners with the kickstarter link?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey Infinitron, is there something else the codex can do to push the game? Maybe including it in the advertising banners with the kickstarter link?

Uh, I wouldn't know about that. Talk to DU and Taluntain. You could also ask Bee to tweet about it.

Our megaphone isn't really that loud, though.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Aren't we over 10,000 strong?
If you disregard inactive accounts and Andhaira, chefe and Liberal alts, probably not.
:troll:

Still, they would be funded if 4K potential backers were willing to pledge $9 each.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I was checking out the campaign on Kicktraq, and noticed it actually had a net loss of $153 today. Sad...

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
Like some posters have stated, they should have made a kickstarter for a sandbox game, where you can make holes on the ground, build blocky structures and kill other anonymous online imbeciles.
That way they could get at least 250.000$, would drop a shitty pseudo-game on Steam and call it Early Access and every backer would be glad, because they would ger a generic, incomplete MMO.
That's what everyone likes nowadays,right?

Man, if Ralph Baer knew how stupid most gamers would become I suspect he'd throw the Magnavox Odyssey against the wall.

I shudder every time I remember that the guys behind Kingdom Come had to launch a Kicstarter because the publishers didn't want to launch an RPG without magic and Dragons.
brrrrrrrrrrrr

Morkar Left

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I have retweeted them but itz no use, it's not within our power to bring them an additional $35,000. Nothing short of a major media campaign could help them at this point.

m_s0

Arcane
I have retweeted them but itz no use, it's not within our power to bring them an additional $35,000. Nothing short of a major media campaign could help them at this point.
That, or private funding. Where's Notch when you need him his money? Either way nothing short of a miracle is going to make this campaign succeed. Which fucking sucks.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member

Uh, I wouldn't know about that. Talk to DU and Taluntain. You could also ask Bee to tweet about it.

Our megaphone isn't really that loud, though.

Summon DarkUnderlord, Taluntain, Crooked Bee !

(three archdemons at once...)

Something the codex could do?

What Bee said, this one's far too far from their minimum goal at 10 days left. Even if the goal was barely reached through some miracle, it still wouldn't be enough realistically, I'm sure. With a low goal like that, you have to plan to go over by at least so much before a project becomes financially viable in practice and not only on paper, fuelled by a lot of wishful thinking.

Essegi

Cipher
Demo updated!
Update #10
A new version of the technical demo + viral trailer

Hello friends, RPG fans and backers of Dungeons of Aledorn. In this update, we‘ll present to you the second version of our technical demo.

Latest version of the technical demos:
Technical demo (battle prototype) v0.02 (Windows version)

Technical demo (battle prototype) v0.02 (MAC version)

We’ve also produced a tongue in cheek video and we hope you enjoy it and if so, we ask you to share it with everyone to help spread the word about our game!

What is new in the updated tech demo compared to the previous version?
We decided to remake the wait action - the wait function now allows you to set the duration yourself; or the position from which you want to play again

79b2ddd5408388c75a753e40b92ac9d3_original.png

Added active defensive retaliation - a defensive action that allows you to turn towards an attacker and strike them back, after you’ve been attacked from within melee range.

00eab5bc80b26dbf8d689c46d2c4e183_original.png

Remastered dodge function - this is a defensive move that prevents an action melee critical hit and makes an accurate melee attack inaccurate - inaccurate causes melee attack to miss.

Changed pointer with action points - now you do not to have to calculate how far your character will move. Action points have been implemented so that you can see exactly where you’re headed.

10213c8890635942c7c6cabc290bec66_original.png

Adding information about magic - spells now show what the magic actually does, their parameters, casting cost, damage and so on.

927f91f6075e146afaa1d8a5267c5c9c_original.png

New modes of play:
In this version of the "ship battle demo" you now have 2 allies – 2 sailors now fight on your side.

In this version of the "cave battle demo", there are now three fights and two rooms – if you want kill all enemies in this mode, you must plan and play better in order to save your mana/stamina to progress to the next fights.

"Cave battle demo" is now divided into easy (smaller number of enemies) and hard.

0699ef19dd268555c330e85c368a6fd2_original.png

Added shadow (danger) bar + option to start a fight – now you’re able to start a fight if the shadow bar isn‘t full.

5b5a95dcd3d392b56e78eb24f983d53f_original.png
That needs so badly to be funded!

Stargazer_

The art direction is nice despite the graphics being a little dated.

One can't harp on Old School CRPG goodness.

Essegi

Cipher
Yeah, art isn't bad.
I agree, but they need more publicity or something to make more people aware of this project. The Codex alone isn't enough.
Probably that, otherwise i think the campaign itself is good, there's effort here, gfx isn't even that bad (not that i personally care but it counts), updated demos and videos are nice or at least likeable.

I am going to third and fourth, we need a Kodex funder to push the last ten days! Or so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom