Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dungeon Rats, Iron Tower Studio's Age of Decadence dungeon crawler, officially announced

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I remember trying to set up a Polish translation project for AoD on the ITS forums, but then totally vaporewared on it once I decdied that managing shit is simply not my thing and chose to focus on other stuff. Bits and pieces of it should still be in the translation subforum on the ITS website, some of it might be salvageable/useful (or not, it's probably crap.)

I do not have too much free time on my hands, TBH, but I could help out by doing some translation and the occasional editing/proofing. Localizing Dungeon Rats should be comfortably doable by 4-5 people (number adjusted for folks without much experience with that crap) within a reasonable timeframe, once workflow shit's figured out.

well there is one viable method to make people remain focused

2e3y70x.jpg

Parabalus

Arcane
Any chance additional key bindings will be added?

With more characters the clicking will probably get annoying. I'd like to see more than the fast-normal-power, preferably all special attacks + belt slots + consumables (both combat and OOC). I'm pretty sure everything would fit the numbers keys with ctrl/alt/shift modifiers.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
Jakby ktoś chciał zabrać się za tłumaczenie na polski to jestem skłonny pomóc, chociaż mój angielski jest średniawy. Może właśnie przetłumaczylibyśmy chociaż interfejs/opcje + ewentualnie początek rozgrywki, by zarysować fabułę i pozwolić graczowi poczuć dekadencką atmosferę? Pozwolę sobie zawołać Polaków, jeśli tutaj nie uda się zebrać ekipy to nigdzie się nie uda.
Ninja Destroyer Darth Roxor Jvegi Havoc Manjuice Nutella Zdzisiu Zboj Lamignat Awor Szurkrarz Idiott yellowcake JudasIscariot warpig Bahamut Hellraiser Konjad covr Black_Willow Wise Emperor Exxos Necroscope panzertoter Bitcher1 bonescraper meanwhileInPoland Brzęczyszczykiewicz mikaelis trais Ivar the Boner Storyfag WhiskeyWolf @t Tytus Ptosio Robert Jarzebina Cowboy Moment Malakal Oesophagus lukaszek veevoir SmartCheetah Gangrelrumbler ArtB trais spectre MotherMachinae janior123tlen.pl Krivol Quatlo jcd Dwemer Puzzle Box Black Perkel Veelq bozia2012 Ovg Gerrard hell bovine hoverdog t norolim Jedi Master Radek Urbanolo

Updated my ignore list

Drowed

Arcane
This whole post seemed like a feeble attempt at a troll, but this:

- I don't know how costly it would be to change the character portraits but that, for me, has to be one of the highest cost-benefit ratio aspects of every game. If it's cheap, I think it would be the best thing any game can do for itself. Shadowrun Returns looked like it was made by 14 year olds because of this issue. AoD was passable but hard to appreciate and look at for a while. Even Geneforge 1 had so much timeless quality with it's black and white sketch art that was great where it counted---although it was god-awful in other parts. Spiderweb Software knocked it out of the park with Avernum 1 EftP by just having amazing background wallpapers during transitional plot wiritings.

:abyssgazer:

Holy shit, man. This was a 12/10, with a lot of mountain dew and doritos. Would rage again, nice one.

The only good thing about this comment is that it made me look for an image of AOD's portraits, just to admire Oscar (I stand corrected) Mazin's art once more:

082443.jpg

Damn. So good.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Yep, the portraits and other drawnings is Mazin work. The environment art is Oscar's work.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Marcus' strength is 9, which modifies the damage. The stone hammer's normal damage is 7-10. In comparison, AoD's bronze two-handed hammers' damage is 9-12.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Marcus
You get Marcus when you start the game; he's a very handy guy and has a two-handed stone hammer that hits diagonally, which is a huge bonus
How do you know? Are doing French translation and already have the script?

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Marcus
You get Marcus when you start the game; he's a very handy guy and has a two-handed stone hammer that hits diagonally, which is a huge bonus
How do you know? Are doing French translation and already have the script?
beware the spoil
http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,7253.msg146638.html#msg146638

For the French translation project, we're still looking for few volunteers before starting anything

damn, too slow

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
082443.jpg

Recognize most of the portraits, but not sure about hooded dude in bottom right or the bronze-man in top left.

Must I play this game once more?

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Recognize most of the portraits, but not sure about hooded dude in bottom right or the bronze-man in top left.

Must I play this game once more?
Yes. I have no idea how you could have missed them but if you have, than you must have missed a lot.

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
Tbh, the first thing that popped into my head reading the title was "a dungeon crawler where the 'clear my cellar of rats' quest is extended to encompass the entire game." (Which would be funny, but not something I'd actually want to play.)

starting your game name with the word "dungeon" is a terrible idea. There are already 40 RPGs on steam that have the word dungeon in it, many of them are very well known. Consider synonyms that are less common like crypt, mausoleum, catacomb, ect. worst case scenario: someone googling dungeon rats gets wiki pages about rat enemies in dungeon siege or dungeon defenders or darkest dungeon.

If he goes with "Crypt Rats," his game is gonna get buried on like page 232 of Google search results, below roughly a bazillion pages about the Magic card. :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom