Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dungeon Rats, Iron Tower Studio's Age of Decadence dungeon crawler, officially announced

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I don't think that Vault Dweller is going to change the name at this point, if he would want our opinions he would have asked (I know you know, just saying). I wonder though if the rest of the team (Elhoim Kos_Koa , etc.) had anything to say about it or is VD for Iron Tower what Brian Fargo is for inXile.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The Adventures of Daring Dec Decadence: Escape from the Prison Mines of Rodentia

Paul_cz

Arcane
Using the word Rats in a game name is an instant commercial suicide. Everyone remembers Bad Rats as the worst game on steam, not to mention the word itself just fucking sucks.

covr

Prophet
Patron
I don't think that Vault Dweller is going to change the name at this point, if he would want our opinions he would have asked (I know you know, just saying). I wonder though if the rest of the team (Elhoim Kos_Koa , etc.) had anything to say about it or is VD for Iron Tower what Brian Fargo is for inXile.

Of course he is not going to change the name; with niche game like this having a 'dungeon' in the title can boost your sales for a few hundred of copies per year. E.g. people looking for a Darkest Dungeon are going to see Dungeon Rats as similar game on Steam. And some of the people just type 'dungeon' in the Steam search engine to look for a game they like.

Nevertheless here's my suggestion for another cash grab: Age of Dungeon, D-Crawl.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Personally, I find that "Dungeon Rats" fits the "let's make a quick buck in a couple of months' work" vision behind the game quite perfectly. As always, VD is nothing if not blunt and no-bullshit.

ratpatrol.jpg

Just swap the jeep with a chariot, or whatever vehicles they use in AOD

Zanzoken

Arcane

VD is much too honest with his consumer base to warrant a comparison to Fargo.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
We discuss everything together. No decision is made without consensus.

We discuss everything together. No decision is made without consensus.

This sounds dysfunctional tbh

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
If you can't convince people working closely with you that your idea or suggestion is good, maybe it's not that good to begin with.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom