Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Keeper/Dwarf Fortress like games

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I replayed Dungeon Keeper again and tried to play Dwarf Fortress again (and again gave up after 2 hrs), so I'd like to ask: are there any games around similar to these two? I heard only about Evil Genius, but I also heard that is mediocre game.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
evil genius gets better the second time you play it. it takes a while to get used to the mechanics and by the time you've learned it, you've probably advanced to a position where you're swarmed with tough enemies and can't go back.

there is also a point in the game where you have to abandon your base and rebuild it on a second island... mighty annoying if you don't know it'll happen

it has a lot of atmosphere, a great soundtrack, super agents & villains, traps, torture in an oversized mess hall mixer and a mission to destroy nashville... it's worth a try

get mako to guard your base... makes the game much easier

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The last time I wanted to play Evil Genius, I ended up starting it, playing for like, an hour, and thinking 'This is pretty fun'.

After another hour I thought 'Man, Dungeon Keeper was so awesome. When was the last time I played it? Heck, don't remember'.

After which I shut down Evil Genius and installed Dungeon Keeper 2 and didn't play Evil Genius again :lol:

You might want to check out Ghost Master, although it doesn't have any base building.

reaven

Educated
I tried laying evil genius twice, and i couldn't play for more than 2 hours each time, got bored.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Evil Genius is pretty good, but basically suffers because there's only two islands. While the game is set up for this to not be so huge a problem (the variety is generally provided by missions), it just isn't as interesting as the different kingdoms in DK. In the end it just runs out of steam.

It worth a punt tho, especially for the tiny price you can get it now.

Black Cat

Magister
Evil Genius is torture if you are looking to build bases that only require you to micromanage them in emergencies, and it's one of those cases i would say you need to install player made modifications to make the game playable at all. Consider to get the military clock (or to mod one yourself, it is easy) your top priority to make the game barely playable, and some other mods like the underground hotel areas, the social clock, and that hack that switched the door breached alert for an empty one sec sound file may be considered obligatory too. You also need to get intimate with how the game works since it is totally riddled with little bugs, so many henchies and stuffies are useless, or almost, given someone forgot to add a minus before some of their database entries and the like. Meh, too much effort. And play with the girl since thanks to her bonus she's the only of the three villains who can even plan for a more or less hands free base: The chinese guy is cool but his bonus is lame and the little monocle guy is bugged so he doesn't get a bonus at all.

Startopia, on the other hand, is made of awesome and amazing and cool and cute and fun, though it is closer to Theme Hospital than to Dungeon Keeper. You have three diferent decks (one for all the machinery and backstage stuffies, one for the "city" stuffies, and one where you build diferent ecosystems and stuffies), each one with lots of diferent options and stuffies to do. You have lots of diferent alien species to build your multikult paradise, and contrary to Evil Genius you can buy a base at the same time eficient, elegantly shaped, and pretty to look at if you plan well enough in advance and have an eye for simetry and design. And since it is purely management based you don't need to micromanage at all, or almost. It is one of the bloody best games if you like to build stuffies and organize thingies, yay. If you are going to only play one game of this, like, genre thingie, play this one. Is totally amazing.

Then you also have Diggles, which requires a lot of work to run properly since you must hack the registry to set most of the graphical and perfomance options. If you do not the game looks like pure crap and has a frame limit of bloody ten, among other thingies, and since it resets the registry entries every single time you start a new game or use the game's load system you'll also need to save and load using the console. That aside it plays like a mixture of a very basic and uberlite Dwarf Fortress, Creatures, and The Sims: You have those dwarves who must go in a quest to capture Fenrir or some thingie. For this you dig a lot of underground complexes, you manage your tribe, you build thingies and stuffies, you research new thingies and stuffies, you solve puzzles of varying dificulty, you help other dwarf clans through quests, you wage war against other dwarf clans and the evil monsters that live in the underworld, etc. The game is, like, totally cute, and there is a lot to find and explore and stuffies. The humour, though, doesn't translate pretty well.

And i don't know if you can count games like Space Colony or Tropico 2 as being in the same genre those other games so, like, you have the names, look them up by yourself if you want, nya.

Edity Edit: Someone mentioned Ghost Master so i'll jump in. It is a pretty amazing game if you like, like, squad based puzzle solving? Or whatever it is called, but it is really more of a puzzle solving tactical adventure where your objective is to torture The Sims and make them go totally insane than a management game so i don't think it should be here listed, nya nya.

Kortalh

Liturgist
Black Cat said:
Then you also have Diggles
I actually bought this way back when it first came out, but something or another came up and I wasn't able to play it much.

A few months ago I stumbled across it while packing to move, and tried playing it. It loaded up to the main menu, but going any further did not work.

Anybody know how to get it working on Windows 7 64-bit?

MaskedMartyr

Liturgist
Kortalh said:
Black Cat said:
Then you also have Diggles
I actually bought this way back when it first came out, but something or another came up and I wasn't able to play it much.

A few months ago I stumbled across it while packing to move, and tried playing it. It loaded up to the main menu, but going any further did not work.

Anybody know how to get it working on Windows 7 64-bit?

Dude, I had enough trouble trying to get it to work. On XP.

Don't even bother.

This reminds me of the whole Dungeon Keeper jack-assery.

Paperclip

Liturgist
If you're nitpicky about your creations, be aware than you can only build rectangular "sections/rooms" in Startopia while you get more flexibility in Evil Genius or in DK(2). Also I like it that you can build a "room" inside another "room" in DK2 and I often use that "feature". However, that uppermost "eco" deck in Startopia is really awesome and its my favorite section in the game.

MaskedMartyr

Liturgist
I remember that there are some really cool custom sandbox missions that were made that included a variety of mini-objectives ( basically reach a milestone and get a reward), along with some additional random event scripts, some that start mini-story arcs themselves. Apparently the game was rather easy to modify.

Heresiarch

Prophet
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Someone should make a game like Dungeon Keeper, but with rape. Tons of it.

Try "The Lair Building Dragon". It's an Jap hentai game in which you're a dragon who just turned mature, and according to tradition you must build your lair, make traps, hire monsters like slime, skellies, orcs, black knights and stuff to guard against heroes.

Unlike DK, in which you're just a sitting duck waiting to be plundered; or in Evil Genius, in which you can only do evil things like a coward, afraid of getting your agents killed by special polices in the world map; since you're a fucking DRAGON, you can plunder villages, raid cities, hoard gold, and of course, kidnap young ladies!

And the best part kicks in - although you're a mighty dragon, who isn't actually emotional attracted to puny human gals, but since dragons have both a low fertility and population, and your ultimate role is getting married and get healthy kids, you must fucking EXCERCISE SEKS, and guess who your practice partner(s) is? *evil grin*

Of course, just playing around with common peasant women isn't fun! So during the course, various heroine will also invade your dungeon, looking to penetrate your fortress to flay your evil hide...only to get captured, and penetrated, by you.

There are different kind of girls fitting your dragon appetite (not of your stomach, but for your lizard penis), like a demon butler, a nekomimi-like servant, a righteous goodie knight who I actually felt sad for when I raped her without showing any emotion but she cried like mad, and a princess (or a queen?) whose country is weak and ripe for you to plunder.

The game also features multiple C&C, with many endings not possible to see in the first walkthrough. It's even possible to make a bond with the raped knight and you become her mate and make her a dragon knight!

The game is also very difficult especially the first time the said knight above come ruining your dungeon. It's very possible that'll require restart the game over several times before you actually get the hang of how to survive for the first 10 rounds. Of course, the overwhelming sense of accomplishment of raping the heroine after seeing her killing half of your hard trained minions and ultimately fell to your horde is just...so good to make every codexer fap for a week nonstop.

Of course, no game is perfect, this game has several flaws:

- Although there are tons of monsters to hire, the game has NO monster rape, not even a single tentacle involved. Only you do all the dirty work. And there's no exotic bestiality either - you fuck them in your human form with your norm sized dick, so you must find another hentai material if you want to see some dragon fuck (in fact I have one!)

- While technically 85% of the sex in this game are rape, and it's also pretty good at showing how the poor girls grow from hating to enjoying to ultimately LOVING being raped, the actual process isn't that hardcore at all. No really hard resistance, no violence, the girls even don't cry a lot, and at the end both you and the girls fell in TRUE LOVE with each other. So if you're looking for some sick story like making the main heroine turn into a sex slave after ruining her mind, you're out of luck too.

- Because you don't share your girls with other lowly minions or servants, there's IIRC no gangbang or bukkake to enjoy. There are some orgy or threesome, but it's all about just you and multiple girls. So if you're wanting some girls get quad penetrated or similar hawt stuff, get another game plz.

- Even though you're a dragon with awesome stamina, your body fluid seems just lacking because unlike some hentai in which the main guy can rain semen down like waterfall and a single ejaculation can flood down cities like 10 Peter Norths, in this game you shoots just...normal. Very disappointing if you're out there for some good juicy, squishy, sloppy sperm bath session.

All in all, this is a great game if you're looking to some evil yet not too sick and definetly unique DK experience!

Check out the game CG, NSFW (ffs I can't find the screenshots of the ACTUAL gaming screen, but whatever)

http://shchara.co.jp/04develop/dragon/cg.htm

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Heresiarch said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:

Try "The Lair Building Dragon". It's an Jap hentai game in which you're a dragon who just turned mature, and according to tradition you must build your lair, make traps, hire monsters like slime, skellies, orcs, black knights and stuff to guard against heroes.

Unlike DK, in which you're just a sitting duck waiting to be plundered; or in Evil Genius, in which you can only do evil things like a coward, afraid of getting your agents killed by special polices in the world map; since you're a fucking DRAGON, you can plunder villages, raid cities, hoard gold, and of course, kidnap young ladies!

And the best part kicks in - although you're a mighty dragon, who isn't actually emotional attracted to puny human gals, but since dragons have both a low fertility and population, and your ultimate role is getting married and get healthy kids, you must fucking EXCERCISE SEKS, and guess who your practice partner(s) is? *evil grin*

Of course, just playing around with common peasant women isn't fun! So during the course, various heroine will also invade your dungeon, looking to penetrate your fortress to flay your evil hide...only to get captured, and penetrated, by you.

There are different kind of girls fitting your dragon appetite (not of your stomach, but for your lizard penis), like a demon butler, a nekomimi-like servant, a righteous goodie knight who I actually felt sad for when I raped her without showing any emotion but she cried like mad, and a princess (or a queen?) whose country is weak and ripe for you to plunder.

The game also features multiple C&C, with many endings not possible to see in the first walkthrough. It's even possible to make a bond with the raped knight and you become her mate and make her a dragon knight!

The game is also very difficult especially the first time the said knight above come ruining your dungeon. It's very possible that'll require restart the game over several times before you actually get the hang of how to survive for the first 10 rounds. Of course, the overwhelming sense of accomplishment of raping the heroine after seeing her killing half of your hard trained minions and ultimately fell to your horde is just...so good to make every codexer fap for a week nonstop.

- Although there are tons of monsters to hire, the game has NO monster rape, not even a single tentacle involved. Only you do all the dirty work. And there's no exotic bestiality either - you fuck them in your human form with your norm sized dick, so you must find another hentai material if you want to see some dragon fuck (in fact I have one!)

- While technically 85% of the sex in this game are rape, and it's also pretty good at showing how the poor girls grow from hating to enjoying to ultimately LOVING being raped, the actual process isn't that hardcore at all. No really hard resistance, no violence, the girls even don't cry a lot, and at the end both you and the girls fell in TRUE LOVE with each other. So if you're looking for some sick story like making the main heroine turn into a sex slave after ruining her mind, you're out of luck too.

- Because you don't share your girls with other lowly minions or servants, there's IIRC no gangbang or bukkake to enjoy. There are some orgy or threesome, but it's all about just you and multiple girls. So if you're wanting some girls get quad penetrated or similar hawt stuff, get another game plz.

- Even though you're a dragon with awesome stamina, your body fluid seems just lacking because unlike some hentai in which the main guy can rain semen down like waterfall and a single ejaculation can flood down cities like 10 Peter Norths, in this game you shoots just...normal. Very disappointing if you're out there for some good juicy, squishy, sloppy sperm bath session.

All in all, this is a great game if you're looking to some evil yet not too sick and definetly unique DK experience!

Check out the game CG, NSFW (ffs I can't find the screenshots of the ACTUAL gaming screen, but whatever)

AWESOME!

Oh, wait, no English version?

:rage:

Konjad

Patron
BTW Thanks for all the games, gonna try them when I get bored with Haven & Hearth. Probably Startopia first.

Konjad

Patron
Yes, I did. Great add-on for a great game :)

I still have original CD, though I lost box and manual.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Heresiarch said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:

Yeah, I heard about this. I hoped the guy from yandere translation would translate this and not that shit he is working on right now. Sucks.
Ah well, maybe we will play it sometime.
Black Cat-chan maybe You can translate it for us?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
But but You heard the man, he said its true love. And fuck the porn, I want me some dungeon keeper as a fucking dragon! Man this entire idea is AWESOME. I am a fucking dragon and I pillage rape and loot stuff.

spekkio

Arcane
Yeah, you can really count on quality gaming experience when playing H-Game... :roll:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
spekkio said:
Yeah, you can really count on quality gaming experience when playing H-Game... :roll:

Sengoku Rance was quite nice, if not for all this RAPE. After some time I just skipped H-scenes to get back to my empire building.

It is definitely possible to have a good gameplay in a h-game. I would even go further and say that adding adult elements could add much to realism and experience. After all in Dungeon Keeper you couldn't really do this really nasty stuff you should be able to.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Rape should be mandatory in cRPGs that allow playing bad people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom