Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Fighter Online(Yes, I clicked the fucking banner)

Dirk Diggler

Scholar
I will admit that I was thinking of a facebook game or a paint by numbers MMO with pay for it with real money type items.

That's not what it is at all though, it's an online beat-em-up game with stats, skill specs, usable items, and zones. A not fucking horrible beat-em-up game either really. You get judged on technique and style in addition to asskickery by doing things like counterblows, aerial attacks, hitting enemies in the back, or nailing several guys with a fireball at once.

The first zone is braindead easy, but the difficult ramps up pretty nicely when you get to Grand Flores.

You nigs should check it out, it's actually a p. cool game if you can handle the wapanese. Features both coop and vs modes.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Interesting, looks like a much better version of a imiliar type of game I played a couple years ago called Grand Chase. I ended up giving up on that one because the grinding required to advance to the final classes was beyond insane, requiring dozens of runs through the highest level areas which required a full, competent party to finish (And few people of that level tend to even be on most of the time, let alone interested in whatever obscure dungeon you need to go to 50 times.) Coupled with horrible lag issues breaking up the party halfway through a dungeon 2 out of 3 times.... ugh. PvP was pretty cool through, assuming you weren't getting screwed by latency issues.

Any idea if this might have similar issues? Could you solo through the whole game without trouble? Might try it out then.

Dirk Diggler

Scholar
Soloing seems very possible to me. The way that the 'dungeons' are set up allows you to play through a version intended to be soloed. After you've done this, you have an option to take on the one that's 'recommended' for 2 players, and then the third, etc.

The dungeons themselves are non-linear actually. You clear 'rooms' which have different groups of enemies in proportions along with the occasional item tucked in a chest here and there.

What I personally like is that taking the shortest path possible through the dungeon doesn't necessarily hurt your level ranking(F,E, D,...). It just gives you less variables to average in. From what I can tell, you get scored for technique and style on each combo, then this is averaged into your total score, with how many times you get hit subtracted from the total. Getting a higher rank means that you get better loot from the boss of the dungeon and a pretty big XP bonus for the level clear.

I'm not sure about how latency works in relation to other players, but in the scenarios I have run so far, it's pretty much entirely absent. There are actually several servers within each eastern and western group. Basically, if you get on the 'Grand Flores' server, you get a % xp bonus for completion of each dungeon in that zone. You can still go to any dungeon you want, but it encourages people to split the traffic in that way.

Your character can change servers freely from what I have noticed. It's clearly intended even.

You can avoid the monetized part of the game entirely afaik and still access all of the content also.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom