Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Mozg

Arcane
One thing to know about Mystic Knights is that the elemental shield spells make it much, much easier to hit perfect blocks while they're active. It has to be like a 20 frame window. You have to be fairly tuned up and know the animations like the back of your hand to hit fighter perfect blocks (at least without that perfect block augment) but you can just spam block with an MK + shield spell.

Perkel

Arcane
You should try mod that gives you ability to run with any weapon you want (and mix skills as you want).

I mean just look at it:

It is a lot fun and frankly doesn't really destroy balance at all. Unfortunutely pawns don't know how to mix skills so it is only for you main guy really.

Mystic Knight with Maelstrom just think of it :D

Mozg

Arcane
Made me want to reinstall and see if longsword + magic shield lets you put Abyssal Anguish on a warrior weapon.

Perkel

Arcane
Basically skills are tied to weapons not to some sheet or something.

If you switch off vocation and equipment restrictions you can run with anything you want as long as you keep in mind that support weapons are support weapons and main weapons are main weapons.

You can't put short bow as your main weapon and long bow as your support weapon and so on.

Also don't forget about most important mod of them all:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DragonsDogma/comments/40jspv/into_free_title_screen_mod/

You didn't play Dragon's Dogma unless you played it with this main theme.

edit:

what you need to do is to switch off vocation skills and weapon equipment restrictions in .ini.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
One thing to know about Mystic Knights is that the elemental shield spells make it much, much easier to hit perfect blocks while they're active. It has to be like a 20 frame window. You have to be fairly tuned up and know the animations like the back of your hand to hit fighter perfect blocks (at least without that perfect block augment) but you can just spam block with an MK + shield spell.
I think the difficulty of making Perfect Blocks depends mainly on if you have the Fighter Presience Augument or not. Also advisable for beginner Mystic Knights and Assassins.
Pros supposedly don't need it, but I'm no Pro :)

DramaticPopcorn

You should try mod that gives you ability to run with any weapon you want (and mix skills as you want).

I mean just look at it:

It is a lot fun and frankly doesn't really destroy balance at all. Unfortunutely pawns don't know how to mix skills so it is only for you main guy really.

Mystic Knight with Maelstrom just think of it :D

Is there a mod yet that gives double jump and roll to any class/vocation?

Perkel

Arcane
If i remember right double jump is vocation skill that is not tied to weapon so all of them i think same with roll.

I might be wrong though.

Mozg

Arcane
Nope, they're both dagger core skills. I didn't see a way in the big cheat mod to do it. You can mess with the player's jump physics if you want to have a warrior or swordman that can make jumps meant for staff/double jumping but that's it.

DramaticPopcorn

Nope, they're both dagger core skills. I didn't see a way in the big cheat mod to do it. You can mess with the player's jump physics if you want to have a warrior or swordman that can make jumps meant for staff/double jumping but that's it.
Such a bummer, I can't play this game as a non-assassin/non-rogue exactly because of this

Perkel

Arcane
Such a bummer, I can't play this game as a non-assassin/non-rogue exactly because of this

If you use that mod i linked you can simply change how high you jump it is literally in the .ini.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well I beat the Dragon, when I got to the castle, I couldn't find the jester anywhere. Wanted to kill him, but nope he's missing. :x

Modron

Arcane
Nah, managed to waifu Quina successfully after all. Where the hell does one even get an Arisen's bond anyway.
http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/The_Dragon's_Tongue
Basically make sure you do the witch hunt sidequest once you gain access to the palace. It's convenient to make a few copies just for maxing out merchants to get their affection up to gain access to different items. Granted, you will want to lower their affinity at some point so you don't get fournival or something as your waifu.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
From the old Arisen living on that hill, as far as I remember, after you bring an Ancient Tablet to him. Before Grigori though.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Well I beat the Dragon, when I got to the castle, I couldn't find the jester anywhere. Wanted to kill him, but nope he's missing. :x

I tried hitting him with an arc of deliverance, and he still didn't die. Annoying shitbag.

So since I've already beaten Grigori a few times (or 4), done some delving in BBI, and beaten the game on hard mode (twice), I might as well try that vocation restriction remover thing for a laugh. My fighter now has stone forest (fuck you, flyers) and dire gouge (fuck you, awkward weak spot). Probably OP but fuck you too. I can also swap out my normal shield for a magic shield if I want the trances and shit. Fun stuff. A lich is still a pain in the butt though. I've also started carrying around a rusty sword for when things need a quick tetanus injection. Currently level 104-ish. Once I get a bit higher I can finally hire my friend's level ~124 pawn without feeling useless in comparison. I've resisted the temptation so far.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Lich? Hm, I don't recall any issues with those.
Death, Dire Drakes, particularly in pairs, Metal Golems, hordes of Eliminator Tag-teams and Living Armors on the other hand....

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
They always float away and are too high for jump attacks. COME DOWN AND FITE ME 1V1

Ah, right, sorry. Could be I only fought them as an Assassin and his Powder Barrage grounds & destroys them.
Or maybe I fought them as a Warrior also, but a Warrior's jump attack is much better and has more reach.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Lichs can float up in the air and cast spells much higher than you can jump. And, if you were grinding Everfall like I was pre-DA, the ground was littered with those motherfucking Hellhounds which drag you everywhere and knock you over and ghhnnghgrrhrh

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
So, yeah, another problem the Powder Barrage explosion would solve.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom