Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Dragon Age dialogues leaked!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It might come as a surprise, but what is viewed as "gay" in Western society may not be "gay" in Japan.

Effeminate pretty boys, for example.

In Japan, "gay" is associated with body-builders, tall, burly, muscled men that sweat a lot, not scrawny metrosexuals that take care of their looks and read vanity fair.

The setting sucks, the dialogue sucks, the skill system sucks, seriously.

:? now i only need evidence, aww just wait till you played it, you`ll agree with me.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Jasede said:
In Japan, "gay" is associated with body-builders, tall, burly, muscled men that sweat a lot, not scrawny metrosexuals that take care of their looks and read vanity fair.

IMHO, both of those are gay...

Dgaider

Liturgist
Developer
JarlFrank said:
With the exception of the demons, it was quite historically accurate.

I dunno. The typical Greek man being what he is, the soldiers in 300 should either have looked like they were wearing a sweater or spent a LOT more time shaving each other like a pack of monkeys. Not that either would make for pleasant viewing, but we are talking historical accuracy here.

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
Vault Dweller said:
Jasede said:
Why is this a news-post, thoughI know the Codex needs content, but why can't you - we - report something interesting instead?
I don't know. Why can't we? What RPGs are in development?

Serious post in a generally unfunny thread:

- Chosen: Well of Souls (aka Frater)
- Escape from Paradise City
- Legend - Hand of God
- Day Watch
- Dungeon Hero
- Winterheart's Guild
- Hard to be a God
- Hellgate: London
- Legends of Dawn
- Grotesque
- Rise of the Argonauts
- Not the Time for Dragons
- Numen
- Tales of Walenir
- Avencast - Rise of the Mage
- Dungeon Siege - Space Siege

'nuff said.

Jora

Arcane
Sir_Brennus said:
'nuff said.
Probably every single one of those games will be garbage.

However, some lazy newsposter should really write that Darghul newspost I've been demanding for ages. Wolf Mittag has talked a lot about how he has imporved the game instead of just porting his old DOS version to Windows.

MetalCraze

Arcane
But yeah, a showdown would be cool. The creator of PST versus the maker of BG2 - an epic battle with already known results.

Tim Cain also posted here. So if he will join... well... results will be even more known.

Lumpy

Arcane
MCA can easily pwn Timothy with his cartoon skillz.

MetalCraze

Arcane
MCA can easily pwn Timothy with his cartoon skillz.

Oh... but... hey - Timothy still has games that are better than anything that MCA created!
And... and Tim's face is one of icons of fallout.exe (and fallout2.exe too btw)!
And where is your Chris, huh?!

aries202

Erudite
Ok, that's it.

The Greek men in 300 were not Greeks, they were Spartans. The Persians under Xerxes actually had women in the government and such whereas in the Greek city states people, women were denied the right of citizenship asnd thus public service.

And the Spartans actually lived under a strict military rule, more akin or similar to a fascist state that the democracy in Athens.

So, let's pretend that Athens is the EU and Sparta is the US for a moment? Se any resemblances??

Oh, mand obviosly Dave was joking ;) :D in the linked thread... and continues to joke and jest in this thread ;)

And yes, an interview (or a showdown) with both Chris A. & David G. would be totally like .. awsum...

sabishii

Arbiter
Not quite sure what he said, because he said both:

"The Greek men in 300 were not Greeks, they were Spartans."

and

"The Greek men in 300 were not Greeks, they were Spartans."

KevinV12000

Arcane
Guys, guys, guys, c'mon. I come here because I know the posters here are much more intelligent than your average gamer forum. So it pains me to see you guys making the common mistake of confusing

a) the 300 gay lovers that made up the Theban Sacred Band

and

b) the 300 Spartans who defended Thermopylae

Let it slip any further and the next thing you know you'll be playing some damn console game thinking to yourself "yeah, this ain't so bad."

Hold the line, codex. Hold. The. Line.

abstract

Scholar
Sir_Brennus said:
- Chosen: Well of Souls (aka Frater)

Frater? You don't mean that shitty, low-budget Diablo-wannabe that came out some time ago, do you?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Sir_Brennus said:
*list of action RPG, action games with RPG elements, and games that really shouldn't be called RPGs*
Are you trying to make a point that there are more action RPGs in development than the market can support? Nicely done, old boy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom