Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Dragon Age Community Update

roshan

Arcane
Neverwinter Nights: Dialogue is all good, evil, and neutral, if that. You can try to talk your way through things, but mostly it leads to you getting some experience (maybe) and a thanks for trying while the same damn thing happened. Stats were in dialogue and obvious, which is good. Problem is, the Bioware tradition of all choices leading to the same thing started really manifesting itself here.

Actually this started with Baldurs Gate 2, but no one picked up on it. I remember the first level where you encounter this genie dude. I reloaded in order to try out different dialogues, but no matter which option I selected I got the same reply. This was quite common in BG2. But all sorts of retards loved and praised the shit out of BG2 anyway, and Bioware continued down that path.

aboyd

Liturgist
Which genie? There is a genie in the airship, and a genie in the room of crystals. The genie in the room of crystals will do different things depending upon your response. However, the genie in the airship may do the same thing every time. I never tried the "how about I just kill you" reply. Maybe it doesn't lead to a fight?

One Wolf

Scholar
He's talking about BG2. There actually was some kind of variable outcome in that instance.

It is a relevant fact that the vast majority of dialog in BG2 was actually illusionary, and led you to the exact same outcome. Still a great game, but not much for C&C.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom