Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

What modes should we play?

• Total voters

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
The main event starts tonight! In 6 hours!
Hype!

I'm cheering for CIS Dota as always. I think Empire has a real shot this year.

I just hope we'll get to see some different picks during the main event as opposed to the Gyrofest of the group stages. And I hope Techies
is banned in every single game.

Seriously though, fuck Gyro. There are no downsides to that hero.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
His downside is doing nothing without flak and being squishy with short range?

CIS teams arent going anywhere if group stage is any indication.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
How do you guys spectate the games?
I've found the directed camera (with one level of zoom out) to be much better than the observer-controlled one.

fanta

Arcane
I just hope we'll get to see some different picks during the main event as opposed to the Gyrofest of the group stages. And I hope Techies is banned in every single game.
I find techies lulzy to watch if done so with moderation. Similar to tinker. Gyro OTOH is a bore.

How do you guys spectate the games?
I've found the directed camera (with one level of zoom out) to be much better than the observer-controlled one.
Twitch and Twitch chat all the way bro. "WTF three Merlinis" is I think the best recent invention of theirs.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Will probably mix it up, twitch for inbetween games, and ingame for the games themselves. I'd rather move the camera myself or switch into player perspective once in a while.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I only watch in client if there's a player or hero whose perspective I want to see (or items they're queueing).

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I watch it on Twitch while doing other things mostly, just watching directly when shit happens.

I only watch big games that interest me as a whole.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
LMAO
production values indeed. stream fail and crash after 5 mins.
nice opening ceremony thing tho.

He's been around for a long time casting all sorts of shit, most notably LoL, but he's really bad. No idea why he's there as some sort of token.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
He's been around for a long time casting all sorts of shit, most notably LoL, but he's really bad. No idea why he's there as some sort of token.
they've got so much fucking money to throw at this shit so they invited every single caster out there

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
they're showing the group stage sob videos ffs just start the game!!! I'll bomb the venue!!!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well, I am excited. By the way, I recommend you don't watch on Twitch - use livestreamer, a program that streams it easily for you through VLC. Great quality and no lag; pretty much no memory/cpu drain at all.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Well, I am excited. By the way, I recommend you don't watch on Twitch - use livestreamer, a program that streams it easily for you through VLC. Great quality and no lag; pretty much no memory/cpu drain at all.
how to

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

But the memes, will I get the memes?

fanta

Arcane
12 minutes in and dis gonna be good boys

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom