Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

What modes should we play?

• Total voters

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
We should try some 5-man codexer ranked games. Any EU(preferably west) players here?

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
We should try some 5-man codexer ranked games. Any EU(preferably west) players here?

I can try but my EU west ping is 111 (east is 100) - dunno if that's bearable or not. I guess that shouldn't matter that much with something like a Tree.

Luckra

Educated
Fucking hate this year beast shit because now I have to avoid MM for 10 mins at random periods of time.
I can't even try that mode. On US East, the 10 mn were something like yesterday at 4 PM (at work), yesterday night (I was out) and this morning at 9 AM.

I played my first and only match of this event - it's total, utter shit. The year beast abilities are way too overpowered, and whoever pays the most money for points basically wins the match unless they're fingerless mongoloids.

I won and my reward was that shitty Huskar obsidian whatever set. So it's really a proxy way of paying for items, except it's way more expensive than actually buying what you want on the market and you don't know what you're going to get. Smart!

The fact that they hijacked regular All Pick queue for this is mindboggling. The amount of problems with the servers over the past couple of days is unbelievable. They should have made this shit a separate queue and let the mouthbreathers go at it whenever they please.

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
I played my first and only match of this event - it's total, utter shit. The year beast abilities are way too overpowered, and whoever pays the most money for points basically wins the match unless they're fingerless mongoloids.

I won and my reward was that shitty Huskar obsidian whatever set. So it's really a proxy way of paying for items, except it's way more expensive than actually buying what you want on the market and you don't know what you're going to get. Smart!

The fact that they hijacked regular All Pick queue for this is mindboggling. The amount of problems with the servers over the past couple of days is unbelievable. They should have made this shit a separate queue and let the mouthbreathers go at it whenever they please.

I find it rather sad that this event of all things made Dota 2 break 1m concurrent users :\

marux

Augur
Just tried it. It's fucking horrible because it's pretty much a boring unranked game, with a big creep spawning for each team once in a while.

No one even bothers to use the upgrades/boosts or to protect the beast while it's pushing

So it's basically DotA SuperCreep mode? Sounds boring.

Luckra

Educated
It's TI 4 meta: 10 mins into the game you 5 man deathball the lane where your year beast is.
I managed to play my first (and last) Year Beast game too and it's exactly that. The enemy team apparently had a shitload of points (their beast was unkillable, 3-shot the supports and they spammed global spells) but they picked exactly the good lineup to deathball (return of the old Lycan Jakiro). Also the necro ult works on the beast so our beast was insta kill once she dropped below half health.
:0/5:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
THIS FUCKING SHIT

HEY GUYS NEW META: FUCK YOU THERE ARE NO SERVERS

I GOT A NEW STRAT FOR NERFED AXE: GO PISS ON YOUR TOILET RIM YOU CAN'T PLAY ANYWAY

AND I NOTICED A NEW CHANGE ON THE MAP: THEY REMOVED THE GAME FROM EXISTENCE

THEY SHOULD MAKE A PREDICTION GEM FOR HOW MANY MINUTES THE SERVERS STAY UP: ONE MINUTE, TWO MINUTES, NEVER (CHOOSE THIS TO WIN THE PREDICTION)

On one hand i still have hopes for source 2, custom games n shit. On other hand, everything valve did in the past year and a half was so incredibly useless, greedy and borderline retarded. I don't even know anymore.

I played 3 games in this shitty gamemode and won them, got my courier, never playing again.

I was under the assumption that it was untradable, like the other items you get whilst on the event.

Turns out that it's perfectly tradable, and is curretly going for .25c on the market.

Time well spent huh?

Cromwell

Arcane
Valve went as far as prohibiting you from joining anything 5 minutes before and after a beast match started. Only ten minutes but it got me fucking annoyed today as I realized it.

marux

Augur
I am ok with valve making millions of dollars off of people who play their retarded modes.

Btw i hope they implement a good system for custom game modes at some point. (at least the ability to make lobbies like in wc3).
Would love to play warlock and mirana wars in dota2.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
But you can make lobbies already right? Tournaments are played this way and Ive seen streamers have their lobby for the followers.

But you can make lobbies already right? Tournaments are played this way and Ive seen streamers have their lobby for the followers.
Yeah, but there's been talk of having to buy tickets to play custom gamemodes. It might be that you need to buy the ticket to use Valve's matchmaking, and we might be able to set up custom game lobbies, but nothing is certain.

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin

Yeah, but there's been talk of having to buy tickets to play custom gamemodes. It might be that you need to buy the ticket to use Valve's matchmaking, and we might be able to set up custom game lobbies, but nothing is certain.

Prolly going to be like CS: GO where you have to buy a ticket to play the custom game mode on Valve's servers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom