Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

What modes should we play?

• Total voters

Greatness

Cipher
Secret vs EG is on! I'm betting PPD really wants to stomp RTZ/Zai.

Still at the start of the draft, but I'm not so sure about them giving Puppy his Chen... He's been destroying with that hero all tournament.

Ninjerk

Arcane
ppd's cask only hit BB at the Dire T2 and then s4 fucking owns the fight with multi impales. Chen was a nice pick against this lineup, too.

Greatness

Cipher
Yeah, so far S4 is carrying pretty hard. Puppy/Zai are doing a lot of work as well.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Dude, Zai cleaned up that last fight. Secret truly superior genetics IMO

Ninjerk

Arcane
Vici is roflstomping Big God. I'm not sure if Void was overnerfed or Axe was overbuffed. Isn't counter-helix like 20% PRD now?

EDIT: 6k gold shift just now. Vici is trying to throw this game.

Last edited:

Ninjerk

Arcane
C9 v. iG, C9 goes push, iG goes Naga. Pretty good game. Mostly one-sided.

Yep, hence why i stopped playing. Shit went downhill really fast after so called 'release'. Too bad there's no proper competetive game on the market right now, that isn't plagued by the same issues, like shit mm, annoying bugs and bad servers.

abija

Prophet
How exactly is dota mm shit? You probably just expect too much from a system like this.

xrm1

Educated
All the unported heroes are annoying anyway, I would not mind if they never ported Zet. Techies is disgusting enough.

Greatness

Cipher
I just want them to hurry up and release the map editor/custom games browser/Source 2 engine. I miss all those old maps from war3 like Element Tower Defense, Footman Frenzy, Warlocks, etc. I'm sure the community will port actual warcraft3 to the dota engine as well(it already has all the character models and stuff).

Greatness

Cipher
DAC Main event finally underway. I wonder if Secret can keep it up in Bo3's when no doubt all the other teams have studied their drafting from the group stages. Arteezy has only played like 3 heroes all tournament, no way they'll let him to continue to get by on that for the whole event.

Near 500k viewers and the games haven't even started yet. :hero:

Ninjerk

Arcane
Swiftending/Juice (MMR experiment guy) said this guy ARTES on HR is a supremely underrated carry.

Jesus, Secret is handling iG.

Greatness

Cipher
I'm calling it. Brood will be their downfall!

edit: nvm brood is destroying. the skill gap between these teams is definitely apparent

Last edited:
How exactly is dota mm shit? You probably just expect too much from a system like this.

Meh. I expect consistency, transparency and fairness (at least one out of three would be nice). When iCCup does it better as a 3rd party and on a budget, you know shit's fucked. Why couldn't they copy HoN in this regard is beyond me.

Greatness

Cipher
Meh. I expect consistency, transparency and fairness (at least one out of three would be nice). When iCCup does it better as a 3rd party and on a budget, you know shit's fucked. Why couldn't they copy HoN in this regard is beyond me.
As someone who's played a ton of both HoN and Dota, I'd say Dota MM is noticeably better. It's not perfect, but it's about as good as you can do for a game like this. Valve has been fairly transparent, perhaps not totally so, but if they were then you'd have people abusing the system even worse than they did with those Zues shenanigans from last year. As far as consistency and fairness, how is the MM not either of those? And don't whine about getting stuck with shit teammates, I rose to near 6k just playing support in solo queue...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom